main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends February New Stories Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mouse2, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Welcome all to the February New Stories Index for the Before the Saga Board:

This Index will be updated daily with new fan fiction stories from this board, and at the end of the month all of these stories will be combined to make a master list, along with fics from both the Beyond the Saga and The Saga Boards.

I will be maintaining this Index to the best of my abilities. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a Private Message. While I will be locating new stories everyday, you?re welcome to send me (mouse2) the information for your fic via PM. Please! *hint hint* Challenge responses will not be indexed as they are usually indexed on the Resource board, but if you PM the information to me I will add it.

To help me to gather the story data and to introduce your story to your readers, please put the following information in the first post of your fic:

Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Also, below is a list of common terms and abbreviations that will be helpful for readers searching this index using the find functions in their browsers:

H/L - Han/Leia
    L/M - Luke/Mara
    Ani/Ami, A/P, or A/A - Anakin and Amidala (Padmé)
    J/J - Jaina/Jag
    J/TK - Jacen/Tenel Ka
    K/J - Kyp/Jaina
    Obidala - Obi-Wan/Amidala
    A/T - Anakin (Solo)/Tahiri
    S/S - The Skywalker and Solo families
    EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    JA - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    JQ - The Jedi Quest books about Anakin Skywalker's youth before AotC.
    PT - Episodes 1-3, the prequel trilogy
    OT - Episodes 4-6, the original trilogy
    NJO - The New Jedi Order books, 25 years post RotJ
    TPM - The Phantom Menace
    AotC - Attack of the Clones
    ANH - A New Hope
    ESB - The Empire Strikes Back
    RotJ - Return of the Jedi
    post-RotJ - takes place after the movies
    pre-TPM - takes place before the movies
    inter-trilogy - between the two trilogies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    EU - Expanded Universe
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Obi-torture - Obi-Wan gets hurt and comforted
    H/C - hurt/comfort
    vignette - a one-post story, especially a single scene
    squad fic - fighter squadron stories
    humor - lots of silliness
    angst - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    crossover or x-over - mixing Star Wars with another movie, tv series or book
    round robin or RR - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    song fic - a story based on the lyrics of a song

If you have any other questions concerning the fan fiction boards in general, you can contact any of our moderators,
    HealerLeona,
    VaderLVR64
    JadeSolo
    rhonderoo

They are all wonderful ladies and are here to help!

January New Stories Index
    December New Stories Index
    November New Stories Index
    October New Stories Index

2. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    2 New Stories for February 1, 2006.

Title: A New Era
    Author: Obi-gone
    Main characters: Revan, Malak, Admiral Typhus, Mandalore the Ultimate, the Exile, more as I keep writing.
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: I wish I owned Star Wars, but I don't.

Title: Sacrificial Lamb
    Author:Elena

3. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 2, 2006.

Title: Son of the Suns
    Author: Sn4tcH
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM, OC
    Characters: Master Lucas, Master Yochin, Kaleb, Samulaa, and of course Mikan
    Genre: [PG] OC, Action/Adventure
    Summary: The story of the man who the Jedi thought was the Chosen One
    Authors Note: This story has been getting tossed around my head forever. Updates might be slow though. So beware.
    Disclaimers- This is mostly OCs, but there are links to other LFL properties.

Title: Seeds?the beginnings of the Sith Lord known as Darth Sidious.
    Author: The_TRUE_Emperor
    Genre: Drama, Mystery, Angst
    Characters: Palpatine, Finis Valorum, Padme Amidala, King Veruna, Darth Maul, and other faces from eras long gone.
    Summary: Set when the future Chancellor is but a young boy. Palpatine?s humble beginnings on Naboo, his time in public office, his discovery of the Force, and his tutelage under the mysterious Darth Plagueis are extrapolated herein. The overriding question: What makes a man evil? Genetics or circumstances? Or is it simply a humble visitor in a dark cloak wishing to speak to the boy?
    Time Period: begins in Palpatine's preadolescence, 72 years BBY, as the calendars state) and follows up to the events preceding ?Cloak of Deception? and ?Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter'--roughly six months before TPM.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is of George Lucas? doing. The characters are his; I?m just keeping them warm.
    Notes: This is my first foray into Jedi Councildom; I have AngelQueen to thank for that, and also for some impromptu beta work. Thanks angel.

Title: A Diplomat?s Job is Never Done
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Summary: I have no idea
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    Notes: Written for the Qui-Gon Picture Challenge

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
  5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    5 New Stories for February 4, 2006.

Title: A Single Tear
    Author: Taraum
    Genre: poem

Title: Cooking with Dooku
    Author: DarkLordRising
    Timeframe: Before TPM, but continuing through TPM, AOTC, and ROTS
    Characters: Dooku, other various SW characters, plus some OCs
    Genre: Action, Humour, Cooking
    Disclaimer: All similarities to anything created by George Lucas is strictly coincidental!
    Summary:The origins of Count Dooku, and his infamous cooking!

Title: Falling (Sith/Jedi War Concept Poems)
    Author: Cleveland100
    Gene: Poetry
    Summary: A story about a Jedi's fall to the dark side and back told in poetry form

Title: Guilty Heart
    Author: Peggy Schultz aka masterobiwankenobi
    Characters: Siri, Obi-Wan, Xanatos, and Adi Gallia.
    Timeline: JA Alternate universe. Obi-Wan is 19 and 25-years-old.
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Alternate Universe. Sometimes amidst a sea of despair, you can find salvation through the heart of a rival.
    Author's Note: This is different from what I normally write. I was hesitant to post this actually, because it's so different; but I finished the story, and my said she liked it, so here it is.

Title:The Beginnings Of The Republic: A Holographic Collection
    Author:Evan_The_Great

6. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
  7. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    1 New Story for February 6, 2006.

Title: Twilight Rebellion
    Author: Lady_Snow_Kaguya
    Characters: Tahl-Yan-Xanatos
    Genre: AU
    Summary: Three dead Jedi return to destroy the Empire

8. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 7, 2006.

Title: They Are Primitives
    Author: ardavenport (aka Anne Davenport)
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I
    Genre: adventure
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, OCs
    Keywords Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, JA, BfTS, OC
    Summary: The leaders of an isolated moon deal with a Jedi invasion and rescue attempt.
    Notes: Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

Title: Cruel and unusual romance
    Author: DarthIshtar
    Genre: Humorfic
    Summary: the Jedi solution to love

Title: "All said and done..."
    Author: P_A
    Timeframe: JA, as usual. Obi's 19.
    Characters: O, Q, K and assorted others.
    Genre: Angst, confusion, eventually H/C
    Keywords: Eh?
    Summary: One more post-mission episode between the Master and padawan.
    Notes: For Layren, who's wanted me to write a Qui-mush story forever. I've been cudgeling my brains to come up with a plotbunny...and here are the results. As usual, I've no idea how this'll turn out - I only hope it's halfway readable.

Note 2: Kyran Josel belongs to Layren and I'm use-er, writing him with her gracious permission.

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    1 New Story for February 8, 2006

TITLE: The Blue Side
    AUTHOR: Master Kaym
    RATING: G
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM, Obi is 13, (Humour) Bant and Obi-Wan are discovering the weird effects of the blue side. (If I have enough good comments, maybe I'll write a second chapter)
    DISCLAMER: All the characters are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited except Kaal and Kaym (meeeeee!) who are my property. The blue side and this entire story are mine too. I make no profit on the writing and distribution of this story.
    SECOND DISCLAIMER: Some inside jokes are inspired by stories written by Obi-the-kid. Before posting this story, I received the permission to use some them.
    This is dedicated to Mar-Lee Noryali Kenobi, who is my source of inspiration and my closest friend.

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    No New Stories for February 9, 2006

11. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    No New Stories for February 10, 2006

12. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    No New Stories for February 11, 2006

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    4 New Stories for February 12, 2006

Title: Things that go *BANG!* in the Night
    Author: Thrawn McEwok
    Timeframe: KOTOR

Title:Falsities
    Author: Elena
    Timeframe: KOTOR

Title: Perfect Destiny
    Author: Emperor_Revan
    Timeframe: Kotor

Title: Obi-Wan And The Ladies
    Author: Alley_Skywalker
    Genre: I?d say humor but it?s just too random?
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Tahl, Siri
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Summary: Obi-Wan, Tahl, Siri, Correllian Ale, and a storage closet? go figure?
    Notes: This is a response to the Star Wars Random Elements Challenge. The fic is rather random so excuse any slight OOC behavior. Also I haven?t read the JA books and though I know that Tahl dies at some point in the series but I don?t know exactly when so sorry if that element is AU.

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 13, 2006

Title: Just One Night ? A Story about Love.
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Genre: Romance, angst, humor, drama, crossover, tragedy...
    Timeframe: Five (or so) years before TPM.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Satine (from Moulin Rouge), Qui-Gon, various OCs.
    Summary: Star Wars meets Moulin Rouge. Written in honor of Valentines Day, musicals and star-crossed lovers everywhere!
    Disclaimer: I would love to own Star Wars and Moulin Rouge and everyone in them, but I don?t.

Notes: As parts of this story may not make the PG rating they will be available by PM only. The lines in italics before each chapter are from various songs from various musicals. Some of the dialogue is also taken from Moulin Rouge. If you desperately want to know what is from where please PM me!

Thank you to ardavenport who has offered to be my beta!

Title: Observations
    Author: DreamingIce
    Era: about 8 years pre-TPM
    Genre: Romance
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi; Siri Tachi; Bant Eerin; Garen Muln
    Ships: Siriwan
    Summary: Bant and Garen witness an argument between Obi & Siri and wonder about what's going on with their two friends.
    Notes: *peers around warily* my first venture into Before the Saga. Obi is about 18, as is Garen, and Siri and Bant are both 16. I love any form of feedback, including CC. Slight fluffiness blamed on Valentines Day!

Title: Mace Windu Melts
    Author: Lady_Snow_Kaguya
    Characters: Twi'lek OC Suyala B'Staht and Mace Windu

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    2 New Stories for February 14, 2006.

[face_love] Happy Valentine's Day! [face_love]

Title: You Gave Me Back My Flower
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Genre: humorish general
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi
    Summary: Two young Jedi Padawan?s celebrate a Jedi version of Valentine?s day.
    Notes: Idrelle has come to play in Before the Saga once again! Pure Valentine?s fun. Enjoy! Oh, and Siri?s character comes from my own speculations from reading fan fic, as I have never actually read a book that has her in it. Hopefully I?m not too far off on her characterization.

Title: Names
    Author: Bale
    Genre: Poem
    Time: KOTOR
    Characters: Bastila, Revan, Malak
    Synopsis: A love poem in honor of Valentine's Day

Notes: This is for the Gentlemen's Writing Guild Poetry Anthology. This is also my first stab at writing poetry since I had to in high school so be kind.

16. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    2 New Stories for February 15, 2006.

Title: Small Packages
    Author: adawn
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi, Qui

Title: Devil in the Details
    Author: WyoJedi
    Timeframe: Between Kotor and Kotor2/Star Trek: Deep Space Nine season 7
    Characters: Rago Kin-Kari (LS Revan), Malak, Cast of DS9
    Genre: Crossover
    Summary: When visions of Malak and the True Sith plague Rago, he begins a search which will lead him where he has never gone before.
    Disclaimer: Thanks to George Lucas for creating a world I can lose myself in.

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    2 New Stories for February 16, 2006.

Title: Broken Ties
    Author: Aya-Na_Bashu
    Characters: OC's

Title: Past Imperfect
    Author: WyoJedi
    Timeframe: Pre-Kotor (madalorian Wars)
    Characters: OC (Vik Tory)
    Genre: Drama, Angst
    Summary: Response to OC Deuling Circle Challenge #16-- Give your OC an opportunity to do something over or fix something and since I'm all about worldbuilding have the primary action occur on a place upon which you've not focused extensively (build a new world if you need it).
    Disclaimer: Thanks to George Lucas for creating a world I can lose myself in.

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 17, 2006

Title:MASTER I AM
    Author: Caledre
    Timeframe: 896 BBY
    Characters: Yoda
    SUMMARY: Yoda and his master are dispatched to investigate a dark side threat above Kashyyyk. My take on how Yoda became a Master, and how he gained the friendship of the wookies.
    DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and Yoda are George Lucas' babies. I'm just sitting.

Title: At What Price Peace?
    Author(s): Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: late JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Genre: Angst, h/c
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: On a mission to mediate a peace treaty, our two Jedi find things going too well. Is it a set up, or is it a peace to be sealed by something neither Jedi could have imagined. What is the price of peace, and is the price too high?

Title: Tonight, Tonight
    Author: obi_webb
    Timeframe: after the first kotor game
    genre: songfic
    notes: this is somewhat of a companion to my kotor fic, A Jedi's Sacrifice. it takes place when gando is on his way to sullust. however you don't need to know my fic to understand this
    thanks to the smashing pumpkins who wrote such a great song that fit my idea for the songfic i wanted so well!

And, it'd probably obvious, but the song lyrics are in the italicized text!

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 18, 2006.

Title: The adventures of Zicato Peiana
    Author: Star_Rocker
    Timeframe: Post KOTOR II Era

Title: "I?ll Put It On Your Tab."
    Author: Aya-Na_Bashu
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku, Mynna?ari Ri?iga (OC), other Canon characters and OCs.
    Genre: Humor, Angst, and everything in between, including the kitchen sink.

This series of snapshots is a prequel to A Cry in the Dark and covers a number of years of the friendship between Qui-Gon and Mynn. The snapshots will not be in any order except that dictated by my plot bunnies.

Disclaimer: I bow to Master Lucas for allowing me to spend time with the children of his imagination. The only gain I get from this is the enjoyment of time spent playing in his universe.

Title: The Dark Decisions
    Author JediHunter85

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    1 New Story for February 19, 2006.

Title: Shoes
    Author: DWH
    Timeframe: KOTOR, Blue Side
    Genre: vignette
    Characters: Carth Onasi, Aiden Star, Canderous Ordo, Bastila Shan, Mission Vao, Leiraya Moran
    Summary: a quick character study revolving around peoples? shoes.
    Notes: This is based on the Blue Side story arc, so it involves a lot of the characters from The Blue Side of the Force: Book I. And I have absolutely no idea where it came from, but I kinda like it anyway.

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 20, 2006.

Title: Qui-Gon Jinn: `Jedi Are My Business?
    Author: Caledre
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns Star Wars
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn reluctantly embarks on his first solo mission.

Title: Life After The Jedi #1: Fall Out
    Author: Felicia Zezili
    Summary: Xanatos is at a dangerous point in his training. His master believes that he is ready or his trials to become a knight but the Council is uncertain. One mission stands in-between him and his goal of being a knight and Xanatos encounters a conflict in his life he never had to deal with before.
    Rating: PG-13 EU Drama/Angst, Action
    Disclaimer: I do not own any recognizable characters, locations, or objects that appear in this story. They belong to their specific creators (I.e.: George Lucas, Jude Watson). I?m only playing with them and promise to return them unharmed.
    Author?s Notes: I know there are several stories about Xanatos?s fall from the Order. I don?t want to just add to that number but what I want to do is write a small series on Xanatos and his life before his fall and afterwards. I love the Jedi Apprentice books. The one thing I don?t love, is how vague Jude Watson is when it comes to her characters. There is very little solid information on Xanatos and his past except for the few tidbits that Qui-Gon would recall. I understand that if it?s not essential to the plot then there?s no point for it but he could at least have a last name. So, because of all these things, I will be filling in the empty spots as I come to them. I will be trying to go along with the JA books but it will become AU especially around JA#8. Hope you enjoy anyway.

Title: First Kill
    Author: Aelan Greenleaf
    Rating: PG, K+
    Category: Drama
    Summary: Killing is never an easy thing to do, especially for a Jedi Padawan. [Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon vignette]

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 21, 2006.

Title: Child of Mandalore
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: OCs
    Timeframe: Pre TPM
    Genre: Short Story
    Summary: A child finds hope after war claims his family
    Notes: A plot bunny attacked me while I was reading an article in Star Wars Insider #86. The article is titled ?The Mandalorians: People and Culture? The language spoken by the warrior is taken from the same article and I will endeavor to portray the Mandalorian culture as accurately as possible. Quotes from the article will appear as well. Thanks for reading!

Title: Knighting of maychorian
    Author: Kynstar

Title: The Slumbering Princess
    Author: Elana
    Characters: Shmi, Anakin, OC's
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: Difficult questions from Anakin and an old fairy tale lead Shmi to remember the joys and sorrows of her past, and the circumstances surrounding Anakin's conception and birth.
    Notes: This was inspired by a line in my story "From My Point of View...", but it stands alone; you don't have to have read that one to understand this. I'll do my best to post at least every 2 weeks to a month. I anticipate about 5-6 posts total, but the story keeps growing as I write it, so no guarantees.

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    3 New Stories for February 21, 2006.

Title: B'disth
    Author: adawn
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Qui Obi
    Genre: AUish, Angst

Title: A Warm Body Next to Mine
    Author(s): Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan's late teens
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon and an unnamed female
    Genre: Author having fun
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: Qui-Gon wishes Obi-Wan to more fully experience the Living Force. But in this manner?

Title: One Night on Athu
    Author: Rogue Pilot 2347
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon mentioned, OCs
    Timeframe: ? any time before TPM

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    1 New Story for February 23, 2006.

Title: Discovering the Truth of Hearts
    Author: UltimateObi-Wan_987
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, OCs
    Genre: Drama
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan take mission to solve a mystery
    I haven't had much experience in writing fanfics yet, so anything that anyone wants to say is more than welcome! I don't care if you love the story or if you think it's the worst thing you've ever read - I want to hear what you think!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    1 New Story for February 24, 2006.

Title: Same Time Next Year
    Author: DarthIshtar
    Summary: the official thread for all Qui-Gon/Noela stories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.