main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Federer/Nadal/Djokovic Era - Now 1/3rd Over

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    A fellow Dolgo fan? Nice he's a joy to watch isn't he?

2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    yeah I totally enjoyed the Brown/Hewitt match.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

I first became a fan because of that awesome serve of his, but I really enjoy how his aggression and how unorthodox he is. Shame he has that disease though that makes him tired all the time.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i dunno why KW doesn't just follow the tennis legends tour. there's plenty of players on it with countless grand slams. ;-)

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That's not too bad an idea. But, they're not playing for current majors.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Delpo and Berdych through in straight sets. Serena also on the women's side.

7. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Raonic again shows why is is so overrated.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Heck of a match between Dimitrov and Zemlja. That last point was insane.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ferrer through, Almagro in trouble.

Assuming he gets through Chardy, would prefer Novak to get tested with a scrappy guy like Haas, and then the bombers Berdych and Delpo. Then Murray for the title.

10. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Janowicz is the player that Raonic wishes he could be. Jerzy the favorite to get to that semifinal now and he beat Murray in Paris last year(the indoor event).

I think Dolgopolov has a good chance vs Ferrer next, Ferrer has not played very well thus far and Dolgo's high risk game is more deadly on grass, so Ferrer's wont be able to grind him down as effectively.

11. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    very disappointing for Dimitrov. Grass is supposed to be his best surface. Oh well he has time to go on date's with Sharapova now. (they are a couple)

12. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    7 of the final 16 are unseeded the most in a grand slam round of 16 since the 2005 US Open. Check out my full numbers breakdown here.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Serena is gone. Woah.

Murray gets first set from Youzhny.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wow, the women's bracket is really wide open now. kvitova is a past champion and she seems to be playing well. li na absolutely cruised into the quarters today, but she's never made it past this stage at wimbledon. i'm hoping sloane stephens can break through. it's been ten years since an american man or woman not named williams has won a major.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Delpo closes out Seppi, has not dropped a set this tournament.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame that Robson went out, she made far too many mistakes when she was in a winning position.

Serena's dominance broken, that was surprising

17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yeah, shame about Robson, particularly now that Serena is out, too.

18. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I was rooting for Melzer. Would have been great to have an Austrian in the QFs.

yankee8255 likes this.
  19. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    now we have an all Pole quarter.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Stephens gone, Kvitova gone. Women's semis are Lisicki-Radwanska and Bartoli (what)- Flipkens. Admittedly, I know Bartoli only by the 1)two-handed forehand, 2)insane bouncing around between points and 3)she's usually the first high seed out of a Slam. Good on her for making it this far- my pick is Radwanska to finish what she started last year and hoist the trophy.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If you get a chance to see the ESPN documentary on Venus Williams and the equal pay at Wimbledon fight, I highly recommend. Not a huge fan of her sister and the way she carries herself, but I think Venus is a great legend and a better human being.

22. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    They should have equal pay when they play the same number of sets per match, and the same number of matches

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Please don't start with that nonsense.

24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    To be fair though, if I could get away with doing less than 2/3 the work of a co-worker and get paid the same, I'd leap at the chance

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Two huge quarterfinals, Ferrer-Delpo and Djoker-Berdych, are live. Wish I didn't have to watch these from Courtcast at work, but oh well.

Edit- looks like Delpo hyperextended his bad knee. First game. Ouch.