main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Federer/Nadal/Djokovic Era - Now 1/3rd Over

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Querrey follows through with a straight set win!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Serena is about to start on Center Court..

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    And my wife Dominika Cibulkova is on to the quarters!

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

This is driving me insane.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Roof is closed now - just a few minutes warm up and Serena's match should start up again.

6. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015

best match of the day...though the Murray match looks like a lot of fun too.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Murray is through - plays Tsonga on Wed.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    She's matched up with Vesnina, who makes strange kung fu sounds (hai ya!) throughout her matches.

Enjoy? I sure will.

I'm glad I still have players left to root for.

Murray and Querrey (underdog special) on the men's side, Kerber/Halep and Cibulkova on the women's side.

tom likes this.
  9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Halep-Kerber on right now. You should be watching it if you can. Some good tennis being played.

If Kerber's first serve is working, which it has been the whole tournament, she's going to be tough to beat. If it's not, it will allow Halep to be aggressive and smash her second serve, and get a bunch of breaks.

lol Chrissie called them both "moody" when things aren't going their way. Pretty much true. Things have been going Halep's way and Kerber's way all tournament. Something's gotta give. I think Kerber's stronger emotionally. Even if her service game is garbage, she'll fight your service games all day long. Can't always say the same for Halep, though her confidence has been very high this tournament, and she's been on her best behavior. That's a very good sign for her.

Both are great runners and get to everything. That makes it a very fun matchup. Already we've seen a long rally with tons of crosscourt running and creative shot making. Several breaks already. If that's what you like to see, this is the match for you. There's been some power tennis early on, too, both I don't think that will last.

When talking about Madison Keys, Davenport has officially jumped from informed personal insight to straight up favoritism, and it's getting annoying.

10. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Kerber up a break in the second set, so could be over quickly.

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Wow. Great match. Very intense.

Kerber was celebrating as if she had won the whole thing. She was nearly in tears.

Kerber and Halep shared a friendly kiss on the cheeks at the net. Great moment of respect. I'm pretty sure they both knew what kind of match they put on.

Great run by Halep, and she was pretty game today, but Kerber was just indomitable.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  12. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Federer has a tough side of the quarter finals. Any one of those guys could potentially beat him on a good day, although who knows about Querrey.

I don't think anyone can get in Murray's way to the finals.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Cilic and Raonic are going to be especially tough for Roger on grass. When you look at this year, after illness and injury, Roger has not really successfully passed a test against high-level competition.

My guess is Raonic-Murray for the final.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  14. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    With Djokovic out, I'm rooting for Murray to win it all again. Don't want Fed to win, he's already got 17 slams lol.

As for the women, pulling for the bae Serena of course.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Lendl makes such a difference in Murray's game and behavior. I think he'll win, too.

16. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Federer has to hold his service game in the fourth to stay in the match. I'm glad it hasn't been a one-sided beating, but I think Cilic will take it.

The Querrey/Raonic match also gone to a fourth set.

The quarter finalists on Federer's side of the draw definitely giving the crowd their money's worth.

17. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Federer did it - dug deep and came back from a two-set deficit to squeak out a win against Cilic, who played some fantastic tennis along the way. Exciting fourth set tie-breaker and then smooth sailing for Federer in the fifth.

PRENNTACULAR and tom like this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Watching Murray/Tsonga now. Hoping Murray gets through..

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm pulling for tsonga, been a fan forever, but i wouldn't be too sad if murray won.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  20. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Berdych match basically over.

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    What time is Rafa playing?

:(.

PRENNTACULAR and Rylo Ken like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not playing this year - I believe he pulled out before the tournament due to injury.

23. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    KW knows but is in mourning. Today is the day of first set tiebreakers.

KnightWriter likes this.
  24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Federer-Raonic

nobody cracking, nobody backing down. Federer in back-to-back scrabbles for survival, though this one going marginally more his way so far.

25. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Raonic breaks through to Wimbledon final. Federer went the distance two matches in a row. Great showing from our almost 35 year old.