main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Federer/Nadal/Djokovic Era - Now 1/3rd Over

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    shame if the Vandeweghe/Rybarikova match gets suspended. Coco just broke serve after losing the first set.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So far the rain is light here. Probably just getting to the Wimbledon area now as I'm a bit further out from London.

3. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Do they have the time/flexibility to move Vandeweghe/Rybarikova to Center Court after Konta/Halep are done?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure - it would depend on how much time that match takes. At this point it is the last one on Center Court.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002

BBC presenter just said the referee's office can make that decision. I think they're waiting to see how long the current match takes.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    GB player Jo Konta is through - plays Venus Williams in the semi. I doubt they will start anything new now - given the weather the light will be an issue before long. Konta match went over 2 1/2 hours.

7. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Coco needed some help, but moving to Centre Court didn't do it.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Better weather here today - bit of drizzle when I was in town this morning but dry now with a mix of sun and clouds. Watching the Murray/Querrey quarter final now. Looks like the next rain might be early Saturday morning in the London area.

9. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Muller doesn't seem all that exhausted by his long fifth set against Nadal.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm still on Murray/Querrey. Here in the UK both matches are on the BBC. I've been glancing at the Muller match when this one takes a break.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Murray is out - gave it a good go but the commentators were saying he looked like he was hurting. Querrey is through.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    shame. top half of that bracket is for the taking, bottom half is a murderer's row of grass court stars

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    really happy for sam. maybe we'll get the querrey/muller semifinal we all dreamed of lol. that's what i'm hoping for now at any rate. how huge would it be for either one of those guys to make a major final?

murray did look hobbled but he always kind of looks like that, especially when he's losing, so who knows.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Murray always looks like he's on the verge of a tantrum whenever things don't go his way. It's so tiresome.

Darth Punk and tom like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Federer vs Raonic is next up on Center Court. They're currently warming up.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    tom - Not to be - Muller has lost to Cilic.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, think he finally ran out of gas.

18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Murray era - still not started yet.

19. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    just an incredible result for Querrey - extremely happy to have an American in men and women's semis.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Federer is crushing Raonic, just gone 2 sets up. Roger makes it look so easy for himself, like he hardly needs to put any effort in.

21. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Man Fed looks gooooood. is he the fav now that Murray is out?

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Novak and/or Berdych are going to be very difficult.

Berdych vs. Cilic would be quite a final, come to think of it. I'm thinking four tiebreaks and then an endless fifth set, until someone's arm falls off.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    enjoy the brilliance of federer everyone. who knows how long he can be this good.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Djokovic is out - retired due to injury.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    In other news, it's 2017.

Point Given , tom and Rylo Ken like this.