main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Feed back on Character Idea.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by pat-fett, Sep 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I had an idea for a character I'm going to wright about and wanted some feed back.

I'm not sure where I want this character to go yet. The basic idea is that he is the son of a Jedi Knight\Master? who was sent to Onderon with his mother to hide from the Empire at the end of the Jedi Purge. Right now I'm working on his back story so I can figure out where he's coming from. Here is a rough outline.

Star wars character:Mar-Pa-Win

Species:Human
    Age:19 Gender:Male Height:5"9 Weight:187 Eyes:Blue\Gray Hair:Sandy Blond Skin:White Homeworld:eek:nderon\unaware that he has ties to Corellia

Preface Outline- During the end of the Jedi Purge Mar-Pa's father Ti-Jo-Win,a Jedi Knight\Master? who was nearly exiled from the Jedi Order because he fell in love and took a wife against the Jedi council's wishes, is being hunted down by either High Inquisitor Tremayne,or possibility a new Imperial Inquisitor character with possible use in Mar-Pa's story. Fearful of capture Ti wishes to find a safe haven for his wife,Sonja note: maybe from Onderon?,and unborn child.note:Sonja and Ti's marriage may be only known to the council and a few others.

Disenchanted by the Jedi massacre Ti decides that he must sacrifice himself in order for his family to remain safe.They travel to Onderon were he hopes to hide his wife. The choice of Onderon is because over the thousands of years many have forgotten about the planet except the Jedi. Ti has ties to the planet due to a number of missions years ago involving an emerging Sith cult that was threatening to reach out across the galaxy.Ti has trusted friends he made from that time who have agreed to hide his family. They make it safely with an incident or two.

Making sure his wife is in good hands and a tearful goodbye Ti travels to Corellia knowing the risks in order to ask Rostek Horn if he can make sure that some info and personal items reach Mar-Pa when he is older and the time is right,reason: he and Nejaa Halycon were close friends when they trained in the Jedi Temple together.Both being Corellians gave them a close bond. When the Purge began Nejaa told him if he needed help protecting his wife or wanted to leave something to be found in the future to contact Rostek.

The Inquisitor discovers where Ti has gone. Ti hears news of an Imperial Star Destroyer in orbit and that stormtroopers lead by the Inquisitor are landing to search for him. He confronts the Inquisitor and makes a challenge to a saber duel so Rostek can escape elsewhere unnoticed. A few lines are spoken in the heat of battle something to the effect of Vader will be pleased another Jedi will be crushed.Ti says some prophetic words and allows the Inquisitor to strike him down.He becomes one with the Force.Cut scene to Mar-Pa being Born on Onderon.

2. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Sounds interesting.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Oooo... Cool idea!

I love really detailed back stories, it adds alot of Depth to the character. So what is this son of a Jedi going to do? Find out who his father was and try to become a Jedi? Or avenge dad's death? It would be interesting to see what he does if he meets up with dad's ghost!

warning, shamless plug alert!Ok, now help me out with my brainstorming :D, Help me brainstorm???

4. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Thats the thing I'm not sure about. I don't want to make him some upper Jedi. I want to make a conection to his past and the Force at some point.I'm going to make him a beastrider with strong conections to animals though the force. Those are some good ideas though. Thanks.

5. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I just found some info about Onderon durning the rebellion that gave me a number of ideas. I will post a rough outline of Mar-Pa's early life soon.

6. zaphod_beeblebrox

zaphod_beeblebrox Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    i always like creating new characters instead of writing about an already created character because you have to live up to so many expectations. i always have guest-star appearances though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.