main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

feedback on an intro i've made

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by agfstyrer, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agfstyrer

agfstyrer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2003
  2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    WOW is that a slow server.

Downloading, anyway.

It took me twenty minutes to download a short Metallica clip and three text screens? C'mon, you can do better than that.

3. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    Slow? That's not slow, that's excruciating. 1KB/sec? I'm having flashbacks to the old 9600baud days.

Holding off until it can be hosted someplace that supports at least 56k transfer.. ;)

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    That's because it's a free server! And free servers are soooo cool!!!

Of course, you know that after spending that long downloading it, I will be critiquing the holy hell out of it. Prepare yourself.

EDIT: And now your free server seems to have come to a complete halt. Looks like maybe you've hit your 10MB/day bandwidth limit.. LOL.

5. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Ah, Freewebs. Use that for your main site, and then put all of your larger files on an Angelfire account. Worked well for me.

6. Hart-Film

Hart-Film Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2004
    Hah! Suckers, you and your freewebs. My dad gives server space and domain names :p cause my dad has like one of those mega acounts where your alound unlimited domain names and bandwith and something like 500gigabites of space. :) I have two sites at the mo. www.hartfilm.net and www.joehart.co.uk .

7. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Considering that it's 4MB for ten seconds of black screen, white text, and Metallica music, it's for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.