main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Feedback on Possible RPF Trivia Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Stridarious, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Protégé-Of-Thrawn asked me to get your feedback on this idea. It will be taken to the Mod Squad by Protégé-Of-Thrawn , but he wants to see the outcome for this possible game to see all who are intersted in participating. Below is a summary which I sent to him, explaining it in detail.

The [b]RPF[/b] ([i][b]R[/b]ole [b]P[/b]laying [b]F[/b]orum[/i]) trivia game, is one that if created would cause the players of that game to search out the correct answers amidst the forums many RP games of both current and past, thus creating advertisement for that [b]RPG[/b] ([i][b]R[/b]ole [b]P[/b]laying [b]G[/b]ame[/i]), and allowing them to seek out new players through this fun process. Now, to give you a brief example of this idea, I will include an example question:

[blockquote]([b]Ex[/b]: In the RPG [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9990976&page=1][b]The New Sith Order 2: Dark Legacy[/b][/link], according to the introduction what ultimately lead to the fall of the Jedi order?)-Not exact question-[/blockquote]

Now the answer can be either copied and pasted in [i]italics[/i] or re-worded into their own terms. Either way the answers will be accepted. And, if a answer is posted by another player whom was not asked by the host to answer, the question will then be tossed out and un-counted.
    The points system works as follows; the [u]host[/u] (I) asks a question, and then the player answers. Now depending on the amount of attempts given determines the points awarded. As, if the question were asked once its point value is 1 point. However if that player could not get the answer, then the point value doubles and the points are then added as 2 points for that question and given to another player to answer. If yet still that person cannot answer the question then it triples its value and passed down to another. If it is still un-answered, then it stops there and all points on that question are lost, but no penalty is given to those players whom could not answer the question.
    The initial game period would last a month, and at the end of that month time scale the points would then be calculated and the winner announced. The prize of course the normal [b][color=red]VIP[/b][/color] Status at the JC, which would last 7 days. A limit of course would be placed on the player whom won to make sure to give others a chance to win.
    The winner of that game cannot win the next two monthly games.

[blockquote]([b]Ex[/b]: Player wins on the date of January 14th, 2003, but he cannot attempt to win again until March 14th, 2003 after two full games have been played.)[/blockquote]

In addition, during each day, the current players status and new question will be posted.

[blockquote]([b]Ex[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=687543][b][color=black][hl=gold]Thok[/b][/color][/hl][/link]-First Place (31 points)
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=703289][b][color=black][hl=gold]Mertroid[/b][/hl][/color][/link]-Second Place (21 points)
    Moreover, so on and so forth, plus the question listed below.
    -What is the chain of events in [b]WOTG[/b] [b]R[/b]ole [b]P[/b]laying [b]G[/b]ame, which lead to the fall of _____ character? ? (Not real question)[/blockquote]

After and before the new games, a new roster will be made up of each players. The players for each game that wish to participate must PM me to get their names on that roster to enable their turns to be calculated. And a set of rules will be made and sent to them. As is familiar with most games.

[b]PoT Lock: I think I explicitly stated that non-RPG threads are not allowed. Please follow the rules as stipulated.

Thank you.[/b]

2. Yub_Yub

Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    Sounds great! I would like to do something like this, because I think it would be fun to go through threads past and present to find amswers and things.

3. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes it would. Plus gather new members to those RPGs which interest them. :)

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    You are not going to ask one person at a time to answer a question are you? Cause that will take forever and people will lose interest in the game.

5. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Sounds Intresting,

I'd be willing to give this a try :)

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Cause that will take forever and people will lose interest in the game.

That could easily be taken into consideration as soon as the game is up. :) this can easily be changed, but is placed on here as an idea for the moment, and is not set in stone. The reason I am asking one person at a time is because if one person has the correct answer posted then more will see that answer before posting and post it. So thus cheating can start, that is why I opted to have one person at a time answer a question.

7. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I am opposed to anything that grants titles or colors to anyone beyond admins, FF reps (and RSAs and GSAs), TFN staff, RL SW folks, and anyone else who has a legitimate reason to be instantly recognizable at a glance.

I like the idea of a game, but I don't like the idea of colors.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Yomin Then dont play.

Stridarious - Why not just ask the players to send you the answer via PM? Its how Bria does it in "Who Wants To Be A Million Colors?".

She posts the question and the players send her the answers via PM and then she updates the roster and gives the correct answer if people get it wrong. And if someone posts the answer in the thread then the question is thrown out.

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Why not just ask the players to send you the answer via PM? Its how Bria does it in "Who Wants To Be A Million Colors?".

She posts the question and the players send her the answers via PM and then she updates the roster and gives the correct answer if people get it wrong. And if someone posts the answer in the thread then the question is thrown out.

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. I will inform this forums Moderator of the escential changes to the idea, as so that he may aproach the Mod Squad with the complete info. :)

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    This sounds like fun :D. I wouldn't win, but it looks like it'd be fun.

11. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    ::prepares to win colors again::

See..im going to win...im winning in the example ;)

12. Dracona_Lor

Dracona_Lor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2003
    I like that idea, but may not be able to participate.

If I can, though, I will.

13. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Yomin Then dont play.

I don't intend to. Stridarious said PoT asked for feedback. Hence my response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.