main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Feel like venting??? Come on in!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Rhiannon, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    I don't think we have a "venting" thread yet, so I'm starting one up, if y'all don't mind.

I'm going to post my current frustrations. If you feel like joining in, then post away. Otherwise, I'll just be talking to myself in here. :)

2. Rhiannon

Nov 13, 2002
    My latest gripe:

Friend goes away to Ireland to work. She and I email back and forth regularly for about a year. Then, a year and a half goes by with no returned emails. She is back in town this week and wants to meet up with everyone. She gives us a 4 hour time interval in which she can meet. She doesn't let any of us know about this until the very week that she's now back in town.

I would like to see her, but I'm not going to blow off other people that I made plans with just so that I can fit into her schedule. Just kind of ticks me off.

I don't feel too bad though - Other people have basically told her as well that they can't make it.

3. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Ooo! Ooo! *raises hand*

School...BAH! Papers...BAH! Stupid web assignments that take 88 minutes to process the request but never actually send you the results... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think this thread will get a bit of use. :)

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    It's worked well in Denver :D

Spending an hour getting ready, driving downtown and parking :eek: , only to be told, "Well, we don't have anything for you right now, but I will keep you in mind for anything that comes in." :mad: :mad: :_|

5. Rhiannon

Nov 13, 2002
    Oh hey Ion Control! Yeah - what's up with doing everything via the web. Pretty soon, I think one of my bosses is going to ask for toilet paper to be accessible via the web!

6. Rhiannon

Nov 13, 2002
    Here's another gripe -

How do you expect to keep morale up within a company, when the employees are getting threatened with layoffs every 3 months? Not to mention, how are they going to run the company.

Pretty soon, the only people working here will be the ladies cleaning the bathrooms...

7. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    We haven't had layoffs in a while (looks like that's past, for now), but there is a total freeze on the ordering of supplies.

I cannot work properly without Post-its!!

8. Rhiannon

Nov 13, 2002
    No post-it's?!!!!

I guess you could always write on your hands. :)

9. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I"M SICK FOR OPENING NIGHT OF MY SHOW!!!!!!

:mad:

10. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    My house is a complete disaster!! :mad: If I stop to clean it, though, I won't have the time I need to sew. And Holly kinda wants her bridesmaids in dresses... not to mention her own wedding dress. And I want to finish my costumes, and Chad's, and possibly some Jedi robes for Rob and a friend of ours... :_|

So, why am I posting!? **snort** sheesh...

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Chasing after stupid old socks just 'cause I'm the one who left the meds in the sock drawer. Imean, I'm the one that got the Sith Lightning in the rear... Who does she think she is ordering me around like this?.... :mad: I need a drink... I think I saw a Tavern somewhere near here....

12. Rhiannon

Nov 13, 2002
    I just spent the whole day trying to figure out why one little line of my code wouldn't work. Well, 5 hours later...I figured it out. Instead of "Textbox", it's supposed to be "TextBox". Why on earth did I decide to start programming in C#?!!!!

13. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003

"Why on earth did I decide to start programming in C#?!!!! "

Hey you should try C++ alot harder.
    I am in Advanced Computer Science B.
    And ..........

Bahh School work. *Head bout to explode*

*BAMMMMMMMMMMMM*

14. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I really really hate this guy in my second period class. His name is Dan. I hope he dies. [face_laugh]

15. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh yeah, I have the same problem A_J There is this kid named Jon, he's a Poopie Head!

16. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    the last time i programmed in C++, was...96-97. ahh high school. :p

17. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    heh...Yeah, about the same for me. That's the reason I went into the networking side of things.

18. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    That's why I dropped out of school after throwing 40 something thousand at it... BECAUSE OF PROGRAMMING!
    2,400 lines of code... Complile...
    27,646 errors!
    WTF?
    Okay, I'll fix the first one... Compile..
    193,392 errors!!! WTF!!!!!!!
    grrr, I'll switch it back... Okay, fix second error.. Compile...
    YAY, only 3 errors.. Fixing next one.. Complie...
    54,331 errors!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!
    *starts computer on fire*
    8 hours later... Hey, that semi-colon looks like a colon.. Wait.. changes colon to semi-colon.. 0 errors..
    *picks up drop slip from office, and quits programming.. leaves school at end of semester*
    ..AND TO THINK, I was going to be Watson in the upcomming school comedy!!! I miss acting.

19. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i'm so afraid of ever making a mistake that i just don't bother ever trying (or finishing) anything. therefore i can't mess up on anything.

this is because everytime i've ever made any kind of mistake, everyone makes a *huge* deal of it. a hundred times bigger than if *anyone* else made the same mistake.

i really feel like i get treated with extra venom most of the time. i think i rub people the wrong way and they like to see me fail. you should all thank your lucky stars if anyone's ever told you that you have a "pleasant" look. i used to get stopped by people with, "smile, things aren't that bad." *grumbles* :p

and, of course, i was blessed with taking everything way more personally than most people would. *SIGH* i mean, if someone looks at me wrong i can start bawling. meh. :\

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    jup You should take my tack on that:

"Smile, it can't be that bad."

-"How would you know, [insert expletive of your choice here]?"

It's amazing to watch people's brains come to a screeching halt on that one :D [face_devil]

21. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    makes you wish napalm was readily avail to the public. you would like to set someones head on fire and put the fire out with a baseball bat or mabie thats just me. hee hee hee

22. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Deicide... not like it's hard to make napalm you know

23. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    this is my rant.

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO THE DREMMEL TOOL?!!?!?

that is all.

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    YEA!!! WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO THE DREMEL!!!! I guess I'll have to buy my own! :mad:

25. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    I hate customers.

Customers are not always right, in fact, they're frequently wrong.

Guy comes in to buy TV. Selects TV, it's a 24", about 350 bucks. I start ringing up the sale, and run his credit card. "Please call for refferal."

I make the call, go through the automated process, talk to the bank, and they request to speak to the customer. Customer gets on the phone, and his temper starts to rise, and doesn't stop. Yelling, swearing, being a complete ****. Cussing out and call the poor girl names when she's only trying to do her job. Then she gets assertive and does something WELL within her right, and basically threatens to hang up if he doesn't calm down. This infuriates him further, and she hangs up.

I figure, FINALLY, I'm through with this, he's going to use a different card and not cause any more headaches. BUT NO, he insists on using the same card. I tell him the same thing is going to happen, and he says "I know, and I'm going to talk to her manager." So the circus begins again, but it's a different operator this time, a guy. Aside from his constant "I want to speak to your manager" tirade, a lot of the same things are said. "Take it and shove it in your ear," "You're acting like a 12-year old," etc. This guy takes his right, and hangs up on the guy as well.

Finally, the guy takes out a different card.

Oh, and during all of this, his wife comes up to me and says "He owns quite a few businesses, he doesn't take crap from anyone." I DON'T CARE WHO THE **** YOU ARE, NOBODY, AND I MEAN NOBODY has the right to talk to someone else like that. Go back to school and get some manners, ya old fart.

And a side note, you wanna know the #1 reason I have to call credit card companies for referrals? This is in Scottsdale, so its not for maxed or stolen cards. It's cause they used it too many times in one day. It's to protect the card holder from theft. If you use a credit card more than 2 times in one day on big purchases (he had been buying stuff at 10 different places), the card company will likely throw a red flag, and require a call to make sure the purchases are being made by the actual card holder.

I hate customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.