main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Feel like venting??? Come on in!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Rhiannon, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Everyone else seemed to have caught on well enough ;)

2. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Geez, I'm an idiot when it comes to relationships, and I figured it out.

3. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Ahem... uhh, is this thing on? *tap tap tap*

Well, first I've noticed it's about confidence in yourself. If you're not confident in yourself completely, that's okay! You must just think about that ONE thing that you know you're a GOD at and all of us think that way about some things.. Especially you Jess! Anywho, that is your point of attack. With the knowledge of your godlyhood in that area, you're doing a DIS-SERVICE to him, AND THE WORLD, by not telling him you like him. Because if you don't tell him, then he will not directly have the ability to be a better person by basking in that godly glory that is that thing. Also, as we know, as each single person becomes a better person, the world as a whole gets better... See how that works. So, for the good of him, your psyche, and THE WORLD! Get out there and push his girlfriend aside by her face, and say "BUDDY, You're HOOOOOOT!"
    ta-da.. it's all solved.

4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    My gripe for the week:

In the fall, I was working on a project with someone who I like to refer to as the evil lil leprechaun who lives in Oregon. For the project I was on, I had to go up to Oregon (and California) a few times, and on those occassions this particular person came onto me in a not-so-subtle manner. 6 months ago the project ended and I haven't had to talk to him since.

Now, however, he is going to head up a new project in which I'm involved as well. I can't stand this guy! Ugh! [face_devil]

5. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    ICK!!! So sorry Rhiannon! *BIG HUG*

My gripe for the week:

Stupid *** people who don't do the work, flunk out, and then come crying to you for help.

I can't cure them of their idiocy!!!

6. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I have never been around a more un-organized group of men in my life. HOLY CRAP!! We have a job in Seattle, Washington that starts next Monday?I just bought the plane tickets yesterday?(scoff) and they are trying to keep costs down. I asked yesterday morning what the hotel dates were?yeah got those booked at 4:30 in the afternoon?only after cornering the boss and the sales guy screaming WHEN!!! Today I had to get their rental car?without a credit card!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Pant? pant? pant?

I understand that from time to time you need to fly by the seat of your pants?but not at those costs?Oh?I didn?t bring up the not shipping of the tech?s tools!!!?Okay I am going back to the Tavern to get a drink!

7. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    my gripe...

one month with no female to hold at night....

~must find girlfriend

8. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    (bitter)

only a month? HAH.

(/bitter)

;)

9. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    sistine- disorganization sux. times like that one wishes they could do it all him/herself and have the 'dead wood' tossed on the fire. in fact that doesn't sound like a bad idea. can you send me a pre-paid shipping crate to get some 'lumber equipment' shipped there? [face_devil]

chickey- breakups hurt like a mo'fo, and divorce... gods, i can't imagine how bad that must feel. but having a warm body next to you at night is overrated and unnecessary. and hey! they hog the sheets and may have an inconvenient 'headache' when you want to get close to her. devote some time to yourself, doing things you like to do and just enjoy being by yourself.

10. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    only a month? HAH.

3 years this month and counting....

Sigh.

11. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    5 years here

hard to have self-esteem when its been that long

12. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    i found that believing that you are far superior to the physically beautiful members of the opposite sex works wonders for your self-esteem. then again, so does believing you're better than everyone else.

in fact, better go that route anyway, just to cover all your bases... are belong to us. [face_devil]

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    I hate that people hurt and that I can't make it better sometimes.

I hate that women and men can hurt each other so much by doing so little.

I hate that people forbid others to love the people they want to love because someone might get offeneded.

I hate it that people allow themselves to get hurt and angry over trivial things and wind up throwing away their one true happiness.

I hate seeing my friends in pain.

14. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I hate stewing over a relationship that could be, but not wanting to take the step to ruin a friendship.

I've been burnt badly before when i asked someone out, and he's timid, so who knows if it will ever happen. Plus we've been friends for quite a while now, so that makes the decision even harder.

15. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    This Dan is so annoying. Makes me wanna force choke him to death.

16. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I hate that life has thrown me for a loop and decided to not cooperate... for the second time.

I hate that my own mother can't see past the end of her own nose when it comes to valuing other people for who they are, and not how they appear.

I hate the fact that I've struggled my entire life with not being accepted for who I really am, because my interests and opinions didn't fit the "mold." (not the case with this group, obviously, but certainly still happens with those I know in Utah.)

I hate that my own parents still try to do the "intervention" thing with my life, to see if they can "save" me... from what, I don't know.

I hate that I seem to give the impression that I'm brainless, impressionable and can't think for myself, when I certainly *do* use my brain, and *do* think for myself. So why do so many people think otherwise!?

I hate not having complete and absolute freedom to be and express myself at any and all times.

Had an interesting weekend...

17. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Obviously.... And if it's any consolation, I never thought any of those things about you... After all, you are the queen :D

18. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks ZOO. :)

19. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    A meeting was setup for 2:30pm. I sent the meeting organizer my home number since I'm working from home today. He proceeds to leave me 2 voicemails at my office number when they begin the meeting. They don't call me at my home number, they don't email me to say "hey, where are you" and they don't page me on my pager.

I sent them all a nasty-gram and now they're all emailing me with apologies. :(

20. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Obviously.... And if it's any consolation, I never thought any of those things about you... After all, you are the queen

*ditto* course you already know that.

Maybe you should try an intervention in her. Call her on her own prejudges. Let her know that you think and see beyond your nose.

:p

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    kreleia: I feel your pain.

And you are the Queen!

One thing you said really struck me. The part about you thinking you come off brainless. That is so far from the truth I don't even know what to say other than I am utterly envious of your talents for ingenious sewing...and you know as I do that takes a LOT of intelligence.

22. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    Kreleia, in the few interactions I've had with you, you come off as one of the most able-minded and intelligent persons (not just female) that I've ever met.

You're not blonde, at least not now, so I really don't know where these so called people got their opinions from.

Now me, I can be entirely blond sometimes.

23. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    kreleia...

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about... It sounds just like my "I hate" thread...

24. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks all.

This is why I love this group. :)

MJ, despite the religious difference, you and I probably have VERY similar growing-up experiences...

25. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    times like this... just makes me want to have a sit-down with people, listen and discuss our differences intelligently, then eat them.

your parents are being very unfair, kreleia. yours too, mj. it's terrible that even when you come of age, they can still have such an affect on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.