main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Feel of NOW (ST) compared to Then (PT)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by yggdrasil311, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Darth Metatron

Darth Metatron Jedi Padawan

Feb 5, 2013
    In 1996 or so when the Prequel Trilogy was confirmed I hadn't thought about Star Wars much since 1983. I was 11 when ROTJ was released and was at an age where I felt a little let down by the juxtaposition of the great stuff like Luke/Vader and the Emperor being revealed finally, against...well Ewoks of course.

But after the Prequel announcement I realized how much I still loved Star Wars and pinned very high hopes on the new films. I was under the impression we would see the Jedi's inner workings as more warrior monks than the political application of the order as galactic police turned military commanders. I assumed Anakin would be at least Luke's age from the first film, and well to make a long story short I thought the Prequels would be everything they weren't.

I don't loathe the PT, I've watched them all many times, but I will always feel Lucas chose to tell the story in far too scatological a manner and the three films suffered for it. I basically agree with everything KevinM1 posted earlier in this thread.

I would have to say my excitement is somewhat tempered after the PT being so different than what I expected (I brought up the PT more to illustrate how it informs my attitude now as opposed to bashing it despite my critical tone). I must say though, I've been lurking on this forum since the day of the Disney announcement, and have really enjoyed many threads and posts here. Now I've made an account to participate, so I'm definitely excited and fully embracing my inner Star Wars geek,

Whatever they produce, I'm really happy that 4 billion dollars was shelled out so that I'll have a steady stream of Star Wars for the rest of my life seemingly. Like many of us, I just won't ever set my expectations as high as we did pre TPM. But I'm no less excited overall.

2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Im totally hollow and filled up with excitement and blue milk.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Star Wars theme park sells a beverage like the blue milk! That would be a great idea.