main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Feel The Force - Star Wars Blu-Ray Official Launch Event Sep 14 Pitt St Mall

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Teknobabel, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000

I think at the moment its going to be 501st doing the empire costumes, and everyone else doing the rebel costumes. They aren't happy as trying to get a vader costume into the city before 6am is hard, especially parking :)

Oh yeah the first person who buys a copy will be interviewed live on the Ch9 Morning show at 8am.

Nova FM doing live crosses during their breakfast show as well. apparently there's a rumour they'll challenge someone to sit down and watch all 6 movies in one sitting and if they do they'll win the home theatre setup they'll be watching it on.

From Starwalking you'll find most of the guys are coming, even the ones from wollongong and newcastle, so should be a good one.

I'll probably be in from 5:30 or so depending on the trains :)

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That would be fun to go to. I don't know what time I'll be there but I will be there to pick up my preorder. Unfortunately I have both work and class in the same day so I won't be able to stay long.

3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Considering the 'improvements' that George has made this time round I doubt I would buy the blu-rays even if I had a blu-ray player.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Bah, I have to be up in Brisbane for the week. Wouldn't have been much of a stretch for me to get there otherwise.

5. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    In case you were wondering, Mick Fett has already lined up and is #1 in line, so look for him on the tv tomorrow morning :)

starwalking is no longer attending owing to someone being a dick but the 501st will be there.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I saw it on TV this morning, Steve Jacobs in a Princess Leia costume...amusing. ;)

7. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    yeah you probably saw me in the background for that shot when he was walking beside the sand trooper.

i got number 45, i'm happy w/that :) I won a second goody bag (first 100 got goody bags) and gave that to the girl i work with at work, she's due in January so this counted as the baby shower gift haha, she and her hubby are complete star wars freaks. The blow up death star i'm thinking about hanging above my desk at work :)

Mick got numbers 1, 777 and 999 and a whole heap of interviews with people after.

the lego wall panel was ridiculous, talked to the guy that made it and it had 8 grand in lego bricks, took 120 hours from start to finish, he had to clear it with lucasarts to get the colour matching right. He said fox is going to put it either in the lobby of their hq in syd or donate it to a kids hospital.

8. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Post some Pics of the event Tek, would love to see it.

9. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Kmart has it for $99. Wound up getting it, I figure the bonus material could justify less than a hundred bucks.

10. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    http://today.ninemsn.com.au/videoindex.aspx?uuid=639789f9-911c-458a-ac95-027d547864c6

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/gallery/gallery-e6frewxi-1226136674760?page=1

my photo's are quite frankly piss, that will have to do i'm sorry

SM, yeah kmart had the best price, jb dropped theirs from 118 to 109 once they saw the kmart price haha

11. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    We have the Star Wars blu-ray box set and no blu-ray player. I blame the wife.

12. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I think this is pretty poor planning on your part Ki.

Yes, I'm siding with your wife.

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, I have to say I'm impressed with the set. The bonus features are well worth it and so far I've only seen the beginning of Ep IV, but I haven't seen that Star Destroyer go overhead in such clarity and volume since 1978.

I may even be able to bring myself to watch the films and just grit my teeth through the changes for the sake of the sound and picture quality for the 95% of the film that's still in it's original format.

The cleaned up Stormtroopers on the Taintive IV look great though, that's one example of a change I don't mind at all.

14. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Cleaned up in what sense?

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, when they made the film the Tatooine scenes were the first scenes they filmed. The Stormtrooper armour in the rest of the film, particularly the Taintive IV attack, looks a bit beaten up. It became pretty obvious with the DVD release.

A minor nitpick, I know :)

Anyone know of any easter eggs yet?

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I managed to pick up my preorder, Limited Edition #0384, though the hard part was waiting till tonight/Friday night to watch it.

Which order is everyone going for? I am watching them starting with TPM and work my way to ROTJ. The picture quality is amazing... everything just looks better and the sound too. I found myself spotting things I didn't notice before such as Quinlan Vos at Mos Espa and a person that looks like Indiana Jones in the stands during the Boonta Eve Podrace. I am enjoying it a lot.

Is it me or has the Neimodians been given some enhancements? With their mouths when they talk... they might have been enhanced to make the syncing more natural... I have to watch it again.

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Love the pictures, and I did see the report as my parents rang to get me to turn the TV on! Steve Jacobs gives Leia a new depth and ....figure? LOL!

My husband ordered ours through Amazon, $80 including postage, (ever the Accountant that he is) so I am waiting for mine! ARGH!! And our home theatre is still 'under construction', the screen is leaning against a wall still! :eek: SO I don't expect to be watching them anytime soon anyway, but like I told my mum 'It's not like I don't know how they end". ;)

I have been getting in the mood for them, my entire collection (books included) has been moved into the new study, and I have spent the better part of the last two days arranging it. Good lord I have alot of stuff, and three boxes have gone to the attic for 'safe keeping' along with all the costumes. :p But I finally have it done, finished about 1am this morning....
    [image=http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/Adalia-Amber-Durron/P1050861.jpg] [image=http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/Adalia-Amber-Durron/P1050862.jpg]

18. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I've been getting rid of my star wars stuff that A) isn't actually any good and B) I don't have any attachment to

Unfortunately this includes most of my stuff, some stuff I have i'm never getting rid of (ep2 bus stop poster, OG force fx maul saber, vintage die cast stuff), and everything else.

I made more cash selling all my old computer stuff than I did selling the star wars stuff.

but you have to downsize when you move, else you just take all your crap with you to the new place :)

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I wish I had a proper set up for my collection. It'll be great to unbox and display my models again, they are great to use as references for drawings. The only things I have out is my maquette of Ahsoka Tano and a figure of Faramir. I still kept all my things from the 90's and no intention of parting with them.

How much is there to go before your home theatre is set up Adalia? I wonder what is taking them so long in delivering your set.

I watched AOTC last night, the only distinct alterations I've picked out were in the audio department: Anakin's nightmare scene has Shmi's voice added to the mix. Makes me wonder if they had recorded that along with Liam Neeson when they were brought in for the Mortis Trilogy in the last half of Season 3 of The Clone Wars.

20. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
  21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    yep, that would be about right. It was a few years ago you could get DVD players for the price of a couple of new release films.

22. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    ah yeah the el cheapo dvd players that replaced a hardware decoder chip with software, i tried to play my 5th element dvd on one of those and it couldn't handle it :)

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I still have the Pioneer DVD player I bought in 2001 for about $700 and it still works fine. So never looked at the quality of those players. My Blu Ray player is just my PS3, I have no idea if it's better or worse than a dedicated player.

24. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    pretty damn good i thought.

heard no complaints about it from anyone, except those whose hard drives blew up and lost their achievements.

25. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    That happened to me twice. Didn't care about the acheivements, but losing the save games were painful. I'm now reluctantly playing through the first half of Dragon Age. Again...

Wound up getting the slim console eventually, no troubles so far.