main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 13, 2015.

1. FelicityRebel

FelicityRebel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2015
  2. interxavier01

interxavier01 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    What are the odds Felicity's character will have a connection to the ST characters? I'm sort of toying with the idea of the anthology films having some sort of connection to the sequel trilogy's story. Sort of like how Marvel likes to connect all the dots.

KSennia likes this.
  3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of hope not. I mean I can buy her having contact with Leia, or Admiral Ackbar, or whoever because they're part of the Rebellion as well. But I don't want TOO many direct connections, it makes the GFFA feel really small.

4. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Rey's Mum, Luke's wife? I really hope so. Gives us time in Rogue One to get attached and then learning of how she died (if she died at all) in Episode 8 will have even more of an impact.

5. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I'd personally love it if she was Rey's mom, Felicity is a cool chick. but how in the heck would they explain her and luke? Obviously we cant use young Mark Hamill at the end.I have a feeling it would be a really awkward plot unless they released a comic explaining everything [face_laugh] She probably isnt related anyway [:D]

Chunkydumb likes this.
  6. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Kind of negates the whole point of spinoffs for her to be, and it'd just be lame.

KSennia likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, let the Skywalker family to the saga and bring in new characters with spinoffs.

KSennia likes this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd prefer new characters in the spin-offs also. Connecting the dots to everything gets a little boring after awhile.

9. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    I feel Felicity will play Mara Jade, and will make a comment similar to "I prefer farmboys" after her relationship with Diego doesn't work out. We'll see.

Chunkydumb likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    It would be great if she played Tarkin's daughter. Mads Mikkelsen could play an Imperial officers (not a Moff), who's trying to convince Tarkin or others that she's a traitor.

11. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    I hope that she doesn't turn out to be a character who should be pertinent in the sequel trilogy (Rey's mother for example), because that means either awkwardly shoehorning her in somewhere in VIII or IX, or writing her out. Worse still, she could just not feature at all for no apparent reason. It would be best if she were some kind of 'everyday hero' the likes of which are tertiary to the plot of the saga but have a small hand in key events, which is where the rumoured plot of this film suggests that they will take the characters.

If they make her an important person in the life of a saga character, it tends towards being problematic. Where was she during the events of the OT? Why isn't she at the Rebel base with Leia, etc., etc. This is my big problem with characters like Ahsoka amd Kanan from The Clone Wars/Rebels. They are extremely significant characters, yet they have no screen time in the main films, nor are they even mentioned. Their fates have to be resolved in a way that doesn't closely interweave with the events of the films because including elements of their fate in the main series would be confusing to those who have not seen the TV shows, yet it has to interweave with the films to an extent so that the audience feels satisfied with the arc of the character and their ultimate fate.

I hope they avoid this by making the cast of Rogue One 'stand alone characters' who never cross paths with Luke, Leia et. al, or better still, that they all die in pursuit of their goal.

12. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Reading Before the Awakening makes me think FJ will be playing Poe's mother. One of the other characters will be his father. This is the mission where they meet and fall in love.

13. FelicityRebel

FelicityRebel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2015
    What exactly in Before the Awakening makes you think that?

14. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

Just a feeling. I'm not invested in that theory and won'the upset if it isn't right. It's just my thinking Disney may want to connect the stories.

BTA establishes that his parents met in the Alliance. His father was ground forces, she was a pilot. Somebody will have to take the Rebel troops in Rogue One to the target. Shara Bey is the mission pilot, Kes Dameron is the ground troops Sergeant. Troop ship gets shot down, Shara ends up on the ground fighting with Dameron's squad.

You've seen Poe, now come out this Christmas and see how the parents of the best pilot in the galaxy met

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  15. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    I like the theory, but, Poe's parents meeting has already been established in the comic 'Shattered Empire'. Doubt they'll put that in Rogue One I'm afraid.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Plus Poe's mother was drawn as having a much darker skin tone than Felicity has.

Chunkydumb likes this.
  17. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

I don't think their meeting was established. They are already husband and wife when they are introduced. However they didn't join up until after Hoth so yeah I doubt they're in this movie.

18. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    What it she's Ashoka Tano?

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Because she doesn't look like Ahsoka Tano:

[​IMG]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Right! This is a photo of the actual character. My bad! ;)

Krueger likes this.
  21. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Sorry. Double post.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Remember about a year ago when reports started leaking out that she'd been cast in the movie, her character was identified as Leia? How would everyone feel if those actually turned out to be true?

23. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    As far as we can tell, Leia wasn't involved in the actual theft. She most likely knew about it, maybe even helped plan it, but the DS plans were beamed to her after the fact. So no, I don't think that she's young Leia either. Plus just looking at that photo, she in no way screams "Leia." If anything, she looks more Han-like to me.

24. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    So Slashfilm just posted a piece (http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-details/) in turn citing a MSW article that plausibly suggests a name for the character:

She may be called Lyra Erso. Probably reading too much into this, but I realized that's an anagram of solar Rey.

Edit: having said that, MSW has since said they think that name probably refers to someone else.

25. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    MSW already retracted that. Not the name of the lead.

Darth Haggai likes this.