main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Fellow FanForce Member Needs Room For Comic Con

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The Chapter Rep for the Boston Rebels, Roseanna, AKA starwarschick14, needs a place to stay for comic con. I know Roseanna also from the Collecting forum, in fact, her collection appeared in a recent issue of the Star Wars Insider. She had space in a room for Comic Con, but was told recently that that space was no longer available. She is still coming, in fact this is her first trip west of Ohio, but she needs some place to stay while she is here, either in a hotel room, or at someone's residence. The hotel rooms within 5 miles of CC are all booked and she will not have a car/transportation available while here as she is 21 and you have to be 25 to rent a car. If someone can help Roseanna out I'd appreciate it.

2. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    OK WEll. My House is kinda Full but we can allways fit in another if Roseanna does not fins a safe and nice spot to stay, Or I can at least offer her Rides everywhere during the con i plan on takeing all 5 days off of work. so i can volinter my car.
    Allso I have a big Bed (no makeing fun about that}Hee Hee It's Free just have my big fat Cat i will have to kick off.
    But My MOM n DAD And I wont care my sister who will be here for a week and her 2 kids are here right now its been 2 months we have been watching them Boy it has been hard they are 2 and 6. so my house is full but lots of fun!!!
    O ya we allso have 2 Dogs 10 Cats and 4 birds
    My House is called In Lemon Grove The Burke's ZOO hee hee
    ok well that was my 2cents i think i had to much coffee i never talk this much talk to you all later!!!

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    we have a spare bedroom complete with SW collectibles. i will check with whitney if it is ok to host a starwarschick.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks so much for offering to help! I'm rather desperate here...

James, you can either post here or PM me if you want when you find out if it's ok to let me stay in your spare room. :)

Kenneth, if nothing else works out I will definitely take you up on your offer. I don't want to overcrowd your house unless I am left with no other options. :)

I really appreciate you guys being so generous to open your homes to a near complete stranger. While I have four FanForces to vouch for my sanity and trustworthiness (I hope they would anyway ;) ), I still think it's amazing that people who don't know me at all can be so nice. Thank you. :)

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Roseanna

If there was room where I was staying you would be welcomed to crash, but sorry to say theres not :( As it is now we have like 6 people in the room already and Im probbaly gonna wind up on a air mattress.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you agian at San Diego

John

6. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll ask Emperor Susie if it's okay if we have a guest for the Con. It's a little crowded in our one bedroom apartment with our baby jedi, but his crib is in our bedroom with us, leaving our living room free.

There's also the possibility of a room in Coronado (not with us, with my best friend) then you could take the ferry straight across to the Con! (a very nice 15 minute boat ride across the bay)

I will post back.

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks Brendan! Out of curiosity, what's the ferry schedule like? How early/late does it run?

And here's a question for all three of you (Kenneth, James, Brendan) - will you be attending the breakfast Saturday morning? I currently don't have a ticket to the breakfast because I don't really want to go by myself. StarWarsShop.com still shows them as in stock though, so if whomever (if anyone) I end up riding with plans on attending, I'd love to go. :) Of course it would be my luck that tickets are already sold out and StarWarsShop.com lies (which has been known to happen). :p

EDIT: Thanks for thinking of me anyway John. :) Hopefully I'll see you around!

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    no breakfast in the cards for me -- i'll be sleep deprived as it is by then and can get by with just my revenue-neutral cereal.

9. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Yes I am GOING!!!

Mara_Jade_Fan is Going!!! with 1 other person i think!!!

MasterBarkeep3633 is Going!!!!

All from are Club!!!

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, I finally booked my flight. A painful one, it will be. I get into San Diego at 10:19am on Wednesday the 21st and depart at 12:40pm on Monday the 26th. The preview night opens at 5:30pm on Wednesday, right? My flight gets in a bit early for that, I know, but all the other flights were at least $40 more. Any suggestions on what I can do with that extra time? It would be great if I could drop off my stuff somewhere before going to the con.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    There are lots of things to see and do downtown San Diego where the Convention Center is located. There is Seaport village nearby which has lots of shops and restaurants and the "Star of India." You can take a sightseeing harbor cruise of the San Diego bay, or take a tour in one of those carts pulled by bicycle. Or you can join some of us for lunch that day downtown. We will be there early Wednesday setting up the table and/or lucasfilm booth.

12. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    besides the San Diego maritime museum, which allows you to tour the tall sailing ship Star of India and a few other smaller historic craft, there is also the newly opened USS Midway aircraft carrier museum.

Besides the boutique and specialty shops at Seaport Village, there is the shopping mall at Horton Plaza (which unlike most malls in the northeast is open air and not very linear in layout).

just east of horton plaza and north of the convention center is the Gaslamp Quarter which has some shops and lots of restaurants and bars... check for lunch menus!

just off of the gaslamp quarter is what passes for the asian historical district -- there's a little museum there but not much else to see.

the neighborhood of Little Italy is just north of downtown, west of I-5. some nice exploring and food to be had there.

if you are going straight from the airport to downtown, you can catch the Airport Flyer bus (Route 992) - it goes from all the terminals at the airport to Broadway (a main east-west street downtown).

i'm not sure where you can store your stuff (depending on how much stuff it is), but if people will be setting up the booth at comic-con you might stash your gear in their cars.

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks for all the info and the lunch offer! There are a couple of people I'm waiting to hear from on their plans for that day, so I'm not quite sure when I'm free and when I'm not yet. Sounds like I'll manage to keep myself busy...I just worry about exploring on my own, as I tend to get lost. :)

I just purchased my ticket for the breakfast on Saturday, so hopefully I'll see some of you there. :)

14. TK0421

TK0421 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    I also have a folder on my Internet Exploder of things to do in San Diego. If you want it send me a private message with your email address and I'll send the HTML file, you just then import it then you can go through it before you leave.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, it turns out that I won't need a place to stay for Wednesday night. I'm going to be meeting someone at the airport and spending the rest of the day with him. I'm not sure how I'm getting into the con for preview night...I have a pass through one of the artists, but she isn't getting there until late that night...but hopefully something will work out.

As soon as anyone has any news on whether or not I can stay with them, please let me know. :) I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away now...

16. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Well Starwarschick14 , If you need anything just let me know i will PM you with all my info.

17. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    We've already got my brother in law staying on our couch that weekend, found out last night. But there may be room at my best friend's house in Coronado, a short ferry trip to the Con. Will post back tonight if that's a go.

18. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The Midway Museum is open now.

It's down by where the Star of India is.

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for offering to help! I've got a place to stay every night now. I hope to meet some of you there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.