main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY fellow Star Wars fan in need of help

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by darthspino, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I live in Arizona and im still in school when EP2 comes out in theaters May 22nd, i need to know if anyone has some suggestions as to how i could see the 1st showing 1st day.I think i get out early that day,but should i just not worry about it and see the 2nd and 3rd showings?(did you think is was going to just see it twice Ha im going to see it 10 more times after that,hopefully)

2. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    Stay in touch (get in touch NOW!) with any local Star Wars groups there and be polite and friendly with the theaters in you area that might show it, so that they can let you know what they might be expecting in terms of attendance and ticket sales.

You don't want to find out that there are people waiting in line for tickets already, you want to know when people will be waiting for tickets before they start waiting.

If there are no groups in your area, you could start one, align yourself with a charity, set up an arrangement with the theater, and start your own official line. This is a big undertaking though, you'll need some help, it involves contracts and insurance etc. If there isn't enough "interest" out in AZ to justify a full scale "line", then just keep on top of things so that you know what to expect when tickets first go on sale.

Be prepared.

You can watch the boards here and the NYLine website to see what they are doing in other towns, but you'll have to judge if your situation is similar enough to try some of the same things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.