main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fistofan55, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I am suprised no one has ever had this idea(or put it out in the open):

What if the Kaminoans produced female Jango Clones for the Republic Military? It makes sense since men and women tend to differ in abilities. It wouldn't be difficult since all the Kaminoans have to do is genectically change the gender.
    I'm no sience-guy though...

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea, or do you require an appearance in the show and then decide?

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind seeing it explored in the show...those would be some ugly clones, though. [face_whistling]

3. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Like I said. I'm no science guy. I just figured that in the gender switch, the Kaminoans could switch all masculant looks to be more feminine. Pretty guy into pretty girl.

I must sound like a wacko. [face_laugh]

4. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Cool idea.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    [image=http://www.stmmh.com/wp-content/cached-images/2009/12/female-boba-fett.jpg]

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Jango was a male, his dna template therefore is male, so I don't get this female clone stuff unless they are clones from a different template. o_O

Also, absolutely not. Female clone troopers? I would not like this at all. Unless they are not clones and are some sort of Republic officer, then that's fine.

7. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    @ Garth

=P~

8. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    That is why I was going on about a gender switch. I think female clones would be useful because their capabilties would differ from male clones. It's like breeding Arc Troopers. Enhanced Troopers.

Clones of a different template aren't a bad idea though......

9. BadDogg

BadDogg Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2010
    Sounds perfectly possible. All the Kaminoans would have to do is remove the Y chromosome. They could spys. And it would sense because most of the galaxy must recognize a male clone's face.

10. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

While the idea isn't at the top of my "To See" list, I wouldn't mind if they explored this aspect on the show

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Stupid idea, I'm sorry. :p

12. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    From what junior high anatomy tought me, all feotuses start out female. Hormones in the later stage change it into male. The Kaminoans could easilly take advantage of this and it would be quite interesting to see.

13. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Yeah, I remember learning about that too actually. Just furthers my claim on the possibilities.

They say that the female race is better. With that said, I'd like too see how they compared to male clones. I know people dig the female stormtroopers in the Legacy comics!

I'm a straight male and I have no issue discussing this. :p

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    [image=http://www.djibnet.com/photo/132533210-more-female-stormtroopers.jpg]

15. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
  16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
  17. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    The more I think about it, the more I'm surprised that it hasn't been attempted before - not even in the EU - as some points, such as their potential use as spies, makes sense. It might be something for the show to explore, though I suspect that such a concept might not fit in to GL's "vision".

18. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    ^One of my many points. It hasn't been attempted or at least hasn't been put out there. I could've sworn that there was concept art made of Female clones for ROTS. I saw them when flipping through a Star Wars Insider.....
    Anybody know what I'm talking about? Cuz I don't know what one it was...

19. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    It's an interesting idea, though as people have noted it'd probably need a female template.

However, in X-Men comics, Wolverine has a female clone that apparently had its chromosomes modified. It was apparently the only way they could get it to work. Is a similar process possible in Star Wars I wonder?

20. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    It might work as something for an episode or two, like a new experiment or something that goes wrong, but I'm not crazy about the idea of female clones. What would be the point? Sounds kinda gimmicky to me.

21. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't see why not. The Kamonoans specialize in cloning and cloning technology, so it should be plausible

But I don't like the idea, just given the fact that the grand army of the Republic comes from one template until the clone rebellion. At that point it's the Empire but it should still reman "pure" until then. I would like the idea if it was done earlier like in the movies or Genndy's series. It's too late now.

22. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    ^Another point to further my claim on the possibilities. If something like that can happen in X-men where making clones on a mutant is possible, then why can't the Kaminoans do it?
    In my opinion, if making female clones is possible, then there really is no reason there shouldn't be any.
    For those that don't like hearing the same clone voices over and over again, this could be a nice break. It would also be a nice break from the same faces over and over again.

Koonfan, your Haiku needs fixing. Most Jedi can fight in space.
    If you meant that Plo is the only Jedi that can fight in space with no gear, then you're still wrong. Plo must breathe on helium and that is what that mask is for.

23. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    No, no, no, no, no, no!

You don't just remove a Y chromosome to make someone a female. You need an additional X chromosome from the other parent. That's why you're XX or XY. Jango doesn't have the extra X (obviously).

And also, I detect a bit of latent sexism in there. Why must females be spies? What's preventing them from fighting on the front lines?

And if they needed spies, they'd be better off recruiting birth born intelligence agents. You know, each one has a different face.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sense. This makes none.

No sexism intended, but there is a reason for the clones being male instead of female (although there is no reason for why not clone another stronger species). Males usually have more resistance and physical strength than females. It's a fact.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    But women can tolerate higher levels of physical pain. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.