main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fistofan55, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    To be honest, if you want a female trooper, they should create female Republic officers instead.

2. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    It takes more than strength to be a good soldier. In fact, physical strength isn't even main necesity. Women are usually smarter anyway. No sexism intended against my own race.

@valor: Is there anyway to customize a chromosome? I'm not entirely sure but if anthing, the Kaminoans would certainly be able to make this possible.

As for the idea of female clones being too late, I don't really think so. No idea is too late. Just look at Cad Bane, The Death Watch, the many new clones, the Weequayen Pirates, the Zillo Beast, and Ahsoka!

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't know about this one. ;)

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Very true.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It is not a main necessity, but it's a necessity nonetheless. Aswell physical resistance i. And men do have it more than women.

Not sure about that, but they could very well be officers, or even admirals.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. I believe Jurassic Park made this same type of error, because someone asked how they controlled it so that all the dinosaurs on the park were females, to which one of the scientists responded and said something along the lines of "we simply deny them the Y chromosome."
    Yes, I agree. Overall, the idea sounds kind of gimmicky.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's not the error in JP. You could deny the Y chromosome because they were using heterogametic frog's DNA. The real problem in JP was that they've created dinossaurs without having the complete genome of each species.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh yes, you're right! Forgot about that frog DNA part. But what FalorWindrider said is still true for humans.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know. ;)

10. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    ^whatever-the-science. I know Kaminoans are way more advanced than Earth Scientists from any dismension(debatable).
    It can be possible so long as GL or DF says so. DF doesn't do everything with GL's "okay". That would be a mess.

@alexrd: Dude, you make it seem like women can't handle a battlefield. They most certainly can. They just need to let go of their ideals on war and enter brutal combat. These are droids so there shouldn't be a problem.

Male clones aren't exactly ripped to the max either. Female clones would just need to work twice as hard for that buildup.
    I agree that female clones would make excellent tacticians, however.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Never said that. Read again. You raised the question of why did they clone a male instead of female. I've explained it and I don't see how have you reached that conclusion. Please, explain.

Isn't that a disadvantage?

12. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    All @alexrd:

1st quote: I actually don't what you're talking about. I never raised that question. I'm just under the impression that you think women aren't worth as much as men on the frontlines of a battlefield.

2nd quote: Not when there are other advantages! Females tend to be more active than males anyway so a bulk-up shouldn't be a huge problem. They're just brighter and that's why I think it is stange that Kaminoans never tried experimenting on this.

13. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    ???
    You can't be serious. I've known enough women in my life to know that they most certainly are NOT smarter than men. And they're no better at tactics.

It apparently has been proven that they have better eye/hand coordination and 20% faster reflexes. This was slightly explored in RoboTech with the female Zentraedi. Though the males were stronger, the females were faster. In fact, Miriya pretty much emobied the "hit first and done" method.

14. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    "You can't be serious. I've known enough women in my life to know that they most certainly are NOT smarter than men. And they're no better at tactics."

This is very debatable. I may have went over the line with smartness but why in the world wouldn't they be better tacticians? Women tend to think things through and keep matters under control.

By the way, I don't know your women. So your opinion is at odds.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, you did. That's what the topic is about, remember?

I never said that. I'm only explaining why did they chose a male template instead of a female one. Males main attributes for battle (i.e: resistance, physical strentgh, etc...) are greater than females.

More active? Source? I really don't see any true advantage for the army purpose.

Thay may very well have tried to clone female templates, but for an army purpose, it would be a disadvantage.

16. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    All @alexrd:

1st: This topic isn't about why the Kaminoans chose male. It is about why they won't choose females as they would be useful and whether or not this should happen in TCW.

2nd: Point Taken.

3rd: Doesn't need a source. It's fairly obvious.

4th: There's a contradiction here...

17. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Aren't exactly ripped eh? read the Star Wars: Republic Comics where Obi-Wan and Alpha have to escape Rattatak. Its quite disturbing how much they muscle some clones. And anyways, aren't their female soldiers in armies today? Even if the gimick of female clones is ignored, females should be seen in the war beyond the point of praising their homeworld resistance leaders, or under/over used jedi.

And one thing about the whole girls vs. boys argument, it tends to vary person to person. Some guys are strong, some girls are strong, some guys are lazy, some girls are too. Sometimes even in different social groups like people who you Fistofan55 and Alexrd may be talking about, may have similar personalities and strengths.

None of this is meant to offend ;)

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why not choose another species? Why not accept other people in the army? I don't see how that question differs from what I'm explaining.

It's not obvious. Never saw anything that concludes that women are more active than men.

How so? I've explained that using a male template would be more profitable in battle.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It has nothing to do with it. The reasons I've explained are a fact. I'm not saying women shouldn't go to the army, because they go, and some are way more capable than some men, but when having to choose between one and the other, general male attributes (the ones I pointed out earlier) are more useful in battle.

20. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    We're all speaking about much more than battle Alexrd. Besides, I still disagree.

I think Koonster has a point though. These arguments could go on forever since we might be different people...

21. Pyrotek

Pyrotek Jedi Knight

Aug 9, 2010
    The way soldiers are used in Star Wars, I would disagree with more than strength being needed. On the other hand, they could be used in a more separate covert ops kinda thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.