main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Female Jedi

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Silas Nightstalker, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    KEEP ASKING FOR FEMALE HEROES!

The "powers that be" need to know that we fans are frustrated by the lack of women in starring roles, important secondary roles, and just not existing in general beyond "love interest" or "killed/kidnapped/harmed for motivational purposes". Any good marketing department should realize that giving people what they crave leads to more money for them. So they need to know what we want. So keep asking. As loudly as possible. :)

And buy the good stuff, and don't buy the bad stuff just to complete a set.

leiamoody and Silas Nightstalker like this.
  2. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm not sure how Episode VII is going to pan out (nobody does), but I would love to see both Mara and Jaina featured prominently. (Mainly because I have a huge crush on Mara)

3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

I think you're on your own in that lol I think she was great as she was. She was too ax-crazy to ever have been a Sith though. Her time with the Killiks and then her defeat at Leia's hands ensured that.

4. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    If Errant would had survived we would have two ongoing series with female heroes right now. They are trying.

Jabari likes this.
  5. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    And if we keep asking, perhaps they'll try even harder. :)

6. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    They would try anyway, they are Dark Horse, they care about writing a good story.

7. Star Destroyer

Star Destroyer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2013
    I jus feel sorry for poor Nelani. She has a crush on Jacen and then he has to get one of his visions and kill her.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    There were heaps of female Jedi in the prequel trilogy and The Clone Wars, like Aayla Secura, Ahsoka Tano, Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee and Adi Gallia, who were my favourites, then there was also Stass Allie, Depa Billaba, Yaddle, Bultar Swan and Jocasta Nu. Plus there was the Daughter from the Mortis episodes in The Clone Wars, who was pretty awesome.

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    One of my favorite two books were the Medstar books with Barriss Offee.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Seconded. I haven't seen TCW Season 5 yet, but what I heard it did with Barriss worried me a bit.

zompusbite likes this.
  11. CrashTheHedgehog100

CrashTheHedgehog100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    The Prequel Trilogy had loads of female Jedi, even if their roles weren't very prominent.

The EU is better at giving us female Jedi because they can have their own book/comic focused on them and only them, rather than taking up more space amongst the main characters in the main EU stories. Mara Jade is probably the best female Jedi from the EU because she was really likeable and she was once a Sith and Sith are always awesome!

Maybe the upcoming Spinoff films could focus on some of these female Jedi in more detail, because the main focus in Episodes 7, 8 and 9 is most likely going to be restoring the Jedi Order to it's former glory.

That's just my view on it anyway.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Closer to Grey Jedi than Sith, since Palpatine did not initiate her into the secrets of the Sith order, or go out of his way to make her corrupt.

13. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm unimpressed by wallflower 'Save me!' 'I have two second head shot'-type female characters. Honestly. There needs to be more heroines, less romantic death traps.

14. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Exactly. Not just "oh, hey this Jedi just so happens to be a female", but hey, this female Jedi is the hero. Sword of the Jedi will be a welcome change of pace, provided Jaina becomes less annoying and learns some humility.

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Oh my gosh yes. I can't stand her character as it currently stands.

16. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Good that the Prequels actually had some female Jedi, but bad that almost none of them ever speak one line.

I can't wait for the Sword of the Jedi book, I really hope it's good.

17. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I think it'll be great, provided they show her as a mature leader.

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Allana Solo, the Jedi Queen...

19. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I really hope that they make Allana a complete boss when she gets older. She's making pretty slow progress right now...

20. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Honestly I don't care for either Jaina or Allana, and would much rather they introduce new characters into the mix. Heck, with Jaina's generation being all grown up now (Those that weren't killed of long ago, physically or metaphorically, that is) it's the perfect time.

At the moment though Kerra Holt's still my favorite female Jedi. Loved her novel a lot more than I thought I would.

21. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I miss Callista.

22. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to marry Jaina Solo. ^^

23. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    In all honesty I'm sick of reading books where females are second-class. [face_plain]

Adrian the Cool likes this.
  24. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    See, as I see it, there are a couple of problems. One is the lack of strong female characters. I mean, I love Mirax, Mara, Mirax, Barriss, and Mirax, but there are so many fewer female characters than male. And then, when they try to make up for that, they try too hard sometimes. My personal opinion is that in their attempt to make Jaina into a kick-butt action star, she's just plain annoying. But then there's the third problem. People like me who can't just accept the character, and complain about her characterization. Which potentially discourages writers from continuing, and instead going back to the stuff that they know they won't get chewed out as badly for.

25. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    She won't be coming back... Abeloth did some nasty things with her...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.