main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm just looking forward to Christmas time!!!! Because Christmas time means presents, and presents means more Star Wars stuff!!!!!! :D

Last Christmas I ended up getting 3 packs of E2 SW band-aids. A yoda action figure. A plush R2-D2 that beeps (and unfortunately I can't remember the rest) Oh yea also I ended up buying 2 puzzles, one of Anakin & one of Obi-wan, which were "pre-presents" for myself :D my mom wrapped them and I opened them up on Christmas :D

If you can remember, what was the very first star wars item you ever collected?

Mine was a Lando Calrission (sp?) and Leia Bounty Hunter action figures and then Lukes land speeder that he used in ANH. I got them from my uncle during Christmas '97 because at the time I was just getting into the star wars films and I guess my mom must've told my uncle. And that was the most happiest moment of my life (almost) That was the beginning of my collector franchize.

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah!! Last Christmas I got the AOTC Yoda w/lightsaber. My mom wrote on the nametag "From Darth Vader" lol. My dad got me the full set of the AOTC widescreen cards.

The very first piece of my collection I ever got was the Darth Vader talking bank. It's always been my favorite piece.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It was a vintage Chewie and a vintage Hoth Luke soon after it was a mail in Han trooper.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    My first Star Wars item was a vintage puzzle of Luke Double Sunset Scene... that is still my favorite scene, and one of my favorite items in my collection.

5. mjskywalk

mjskywalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    Hello fellow collectors!

I am so glad I am not alone! I have been a collector for 11 years now and I enjoy every minute of it (except the part where I look at my bank account).

My first "collectible" was a vintage Jabba the Hutt I picked up at a garage sale. It has no arms, no hover sled and no box, but I love it all the same.

6. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    God, I don't remeber what my 1st ever SW item was!! :eek: I think it might be the action figure Lando in his outfit at the beginning of ROTJ or one of Jabba's guard. I forgot their name, but you know they are fat & have pig face. I was a wee lad around the time ROTJ came out, so I can't remeber what my SW item was. :p

7. -General_Kenobi-

-General_Kenobi- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    This thread just makes me wish I had never quit collecting SW stuff, but I guess it could not be helped. I still collect stuff from time to time, but not as die-hard as I used to be. My first item ever--that I got by myself--was The SW Special Edition ROTJ Luke Skywalker. No wonder I got hooked with SW, nuff said.

8. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    You got to love that ebay :) This morning I was just looking around and happened to stumble across a vintage R2-D2 & C-3PO bank. So my dad placed a bid and we got it!!!!!! I'm so happy. The only other vintage item I have is a 1977 Marvel Comic Book: Star Wars Special edition. (but then I guess stuff from '97 would be vintage as well wouldn't it (sort of anyway) )

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Uh...97 aint vintage ;)

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Oh okay.

11. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    The first items I had were Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2 and a Stormtrooper action figures (1977). The first majorly sentimental thing I got was my 12" Princess Leia doll that I had gotten the following summer. She went everywhere with me. I still have her somewhere.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Some one mentioned "Strange looks" in the toy store. I get those as well, but generally I strike up a convo with the lookers. It's fun, and it embarrasses the guy sometimes. The thing I really hate is when I go to the "Toyman" toy show and all the guys are rude to me. They assume because I'm a girl I know nothing about collecting or Star Wars. Generally it's fun to totally blow them away with my knoweledge. Some guys are really poopheads when it comes to a girl liking a "guy"-thing.

13. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    First item? A Princess Leia figure I got way back in '77. I don't have her now, but I do have vintage 12" Luke and Leia (sans clothes and accessories :p).

About collecting being a only a guy thing: I guess it's just like anything else that used to be a guy thing. In the 90's I was a practically lived in arcades. The regulars who knew me accepted me. The jerks thought I was an easy mark and got burned. Badly. [face_devil] Eventually, even they went away, and a few of them came around.

14. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Hey guys (or shall i say gals) I'm also a female collector :) I've been collecting Star Wars toys since about.... 95' so... not as long as lot of you all, but i am only 17 ;) It's cool though, because pretty much everyone knows how much I love Star Wars, and they think the fact that I collect is awesome. Haha, when I go off to college next fall, I hope my roommate isn't afraid of a lot of 3 1/4 inch plastic figures :)

15. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Holy crap, it's HothWampa.

I thought you were dead or something.

16. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Its almost close to Christmas time!!! (sort of)I'm looking forward to it. Thats when I get the most SW stuff.

17. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Sithman....this thread is for the chicks....
    :D

I am also a female collector....I have an entire room (17 x 17 foot)that is filled floor to ceiling with Star Wars stuff..I have wallpaper that looks like the night sky and roman shades on the windows with a starfield on them. There are ships hanging from the ceiling that re-create some of the space battles...they are still "under construction"....

R2D2 is my favorite...so he has a "room" of his own....the walk in closet....all R2...

I have been collecting for many years.....I have complete collections of some things like all the Collector Plates, Hallmark Ornaments...all the 3 3/4 action figures beginning with the Orange Card....all the original Action Fleet....the rest is all over the place...

So...yeah....Star Wars ain't just for the dudes....

My collection is very diverse......

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow there sure a lot of us :-D but I don't feel so special now :'(

19. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Talking about strange looks in the toy store...I was visiting my parents and hit the Wal-Mart nearby for a toy run...while carrying a stack of new figures, I ran into some people who go to their church. They immediately asked if I was buying my husband or brother's Christmas presents. "Nope--mine. :D "

20. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I can't wait for Christmas time!!! :D I looked everywhere for a Trivial Pursuit game and couldn't find one, but last weekend I found 25 on eBay, bid on one and got it for only $10 and it's new!! So, that's one thing my parents have got me for Christmas and I can't wait to whip their butts playing it lol! :cool:

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah I do the same to my friends adn even my Fan Force. We're having a Trivia night with the questions if I can arrange it.

22. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    My case is sad :( . No one that I know of likes Star Wars :( so I can't play trivia games. Most of the time I would talk non-stop and my friends would be like "okay shut up all ready" (but of coarse they wouldn't say it.)

23. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Most of the time I would talk non-stop and my friends would be like "okay shut up all ready" (but of coarse they wouldn't say it.)

Same thing happens to me every day almost on AIM.

24. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Bites doesn't it? :( Oh well I guess thats what makes us special.LOL! :D

25. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Fortunately nearly all my AIM friends are SW fans. :)

I've also got the SW Trivial Pursuit game and no one to play it with--I keep trying to organize a trivia night with my FanForce but jobs and kids keep getting in the way. No one in my family will play with me. Even my husband, who is somewhat of a fan, answered a question about how the Emperor attacked Luke with "I don't know...lightning from his fingers?" (Me: "It's called Force-lightning, dammit!" I accepted the answer of course.) I've also got Star Wars Life (which I believe I left at Breezy's on long-term loan :p ) and Star Wars Stratego, as well as Classic Trilogy Monopoly.

The first SW item I collected? I'm a recent collector--I didn't start until TPM came out. I think the first figures I got were Duel of the Fates Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, and Mechanic Anakin.