main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    The trivia pursuit is my favorite game. I always end up beating everyone though :D . I have the Life game as well. Then I have the original trilogy monopoly and the episode 1 monopoly.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds about right, I have the SWTP, SW monopoly, and SW Life. I can't anyone to play any of them with me at home. Though at our fan force meetings we usually bring the games and play no matter where we are.

3. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well today started off good. I got 5 new items to add to my collection. My mom and I went to TRU at 5:30 am and then got in at 6:15. I ended up getting a 12" AOTC Padme Amidala figure, Clone Wars ARC Trooper, TPM Lott Dod, AOTC Watto, and AOTC Yoda.

I'm so happy :D

4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Oh well I guess thats what makes us special.LOL!

Yup! :D

5. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Come on, everyone, UP!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You should have been there today. My club, the Behavioral and Social Science club, held a bake sale today. I made Wookie Cookies to sell. So being me I brought in a couple Chewies (a mug and a 3.75") you should have heard the questions. No one believes that I'm a collector. The toys drew a lot of attention and the Wookie Cookies were the biggest sellers an got tons of raves. What a day....

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Thats cool Jedi_Dajuan. I never thought of making SW food for bake sales. Cool. That just gave me a good idea for the holidays (if thats okay)

Anyways I'm so happy. Yesterday I finally got my C-3PO with R2-D2 bank. Its a 1995 edition and is electronic. I thought it was going to be smaller then it actually is. I have no room any where so the only place there was, was a spot next to all of the Christmas decorations. I gotta say, you've gotta love that ebay. I got it for just $10. Which is a good deal and then a while back I got a 1977 special edition,mint condition comic book for only $2 bucks!!!

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Not bad Jaggy!! Btw if you need the recipe let me know. They're really easy and they're good stuff.

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sure I'd like that.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Wookie Cookies
    *2.25 cups flour
    *1 teaspoon Baking soda
    *1 teaspoon Salt
    *1 teaspoon Cinnamon
    *1 cup UNSALTED butter at room temp.
    *1 cup packed brown sugar
    *.5 cup regular sugar
    *2 large eggs
    *1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
    *1 cup milk chocolate chips
    *1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. preheat oven 375
    2. mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
    3. mix butter, brown and regular sugar in a new bowl with electric mixer for 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. add flour mixture, then chips.
    4. on well greased sheet bake for 10 minutes

Let me know if you have any questions :)

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Now I'm no chef, but doesn't wookie cookies look just like regular cookies? At least the recipe seems to look that way ?[face_plain]

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, I know it sounds too girly to make cookies but I want to revise that....

*2.25 cups flour
    *1 teaspoon Baking soda
    *1 teaspoon Salt
    *1 teaspoon Cinnamon
    *1 cup butter at room temp.
    *1 cup packed brown sugar
    *.5 cup regular sugar
    *2 large eggs
    *1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract

My addendum...

1.5 cups (maybe 2.. I haven't tried this so bear with me) of shreaded coconut

two heaping tablespoons of co-co powder

Wookies should be hairy! :p

13. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Cool thanks for the recipes.

14. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Yesterday I finally got my C-3PO with R2-D2 bank. Its a 1995 edition and is electronic.

I got one of those in a yard sale a few months ago. It's pretty cool.

15. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Hey, any female SW collectors from the San Diego area?

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Jawamonkey and I are the only two female collectors from San Diego that I know of. I "wish" there were more!

17. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Its sad for me. I am practically the only "Obsessed" SW fan that I know of. Sure some might like SW but I'm the only one that knows tons more then they do.

Well my weekend was fun. I got to play "Santa's little elf" :p for about 30 seconds. Every time we go to Walmart I always rush to the SW section to see if they get new stuff and they had a Padme Amidala: Droid Factory Chase and as I was looking for others there was this little girl about 5 or 6 and she had this look on her face like "I think you're in the wrong section, thats the boys section". She didn't say it but usually I'm good at reading people. My mom let me get that Padme figure but she is going to wrap it and I can open it for Christmas.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    How sad that girls are socialized so early that they give you that look. I was always into boy's toys when I was a kid. I'd much rather have Voltron than Barbies.

19. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I was into boy's toys as well for the most part. But I liked dolls and stuffed toys alot too, so I was a real conundrum...LOL. I was never into the Barbie townhouses or the Easy-Bake ovens...give me action figures, LEGOS and Matchbox cars anyday! Woooo!

20. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Legos rock, Meriwyn!

How sad that girls are socialized so early that they give you that look. I was always into boy's toys when I was a kid. I'd much rather have Voltron than Barbies.

I know [face_plain] I was into Barbies too, and I had almost every My Little Pony you could count, but I remember when I was in Kindergarten I was sorta into GI Joes!!!

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I was one that loved Barbie dolls and all of those girl toys when I was real little. But growing up around guys my entire life (when I was 6 weeks old, I was put into daycare and from that time until I was about 4, I was the only, only girl. But back to the point) I wouldn't have any girls to play dolls with so I would always build forts, play with cars, and play tackle football with the guys (yes tackle).

But once I was introduced into the Star Wars universe I became a tomboy once again (still am for the most part since I never wear skirts,blouses, or dresses)

22. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Yay!!!! I got to have my Trivial Pursuit game the day it arrived (12/1) and so far my dad's lost miserably to me every single time we've played! [face_laugh] He swears he's going to beat me one time and I'm going to "run off to my room and cry," but that's a load of BS lol! :p

23. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh]

There's no way a non-Star Wars fan can ever beat a Star Wars fan at that game. :D

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    There's no way a semi-fan could win either. I always clean up on the EU questions. My bf is a big SW fan, but I still kill him at it. He won't play me anymore :(

25. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    He's a fan but nowhere near as much as I am. He knows more than I thought he did, which surprised me, but he'll still never win! ;)