main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. toysoldierjedimom

toysoldierjedimom Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2009
    I think mine is a 2005...not old I don't know what the grape crop was like that year

I know nothing about wine -- I don't even drink!

2. funkyfunfun

funkyfunfun Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    Hey,

I do reviews of my small collection of figures. Awkward reviews :) but still, I try to get my opinion across and I focus more on the paint/artistic aspect of these figures. The more recent ones I've reviewed are Talon Karrde/Grand Admiral Thrawn (comic pack), IG Lancer Droid, and others...

I can't recall if I've already posted my Youtube channel on here. Here's my channel [face_peace]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll be posting this in the Legacy thread but I figured I'd post it here as well. Rebelscum have some pics of the second Legacy wave for 2009 here, and one of the figures is a Leia in white dress. Those of you wanting a new Leia figure, this is the wave to find!

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It must be an ESB Leia, since she doesn't have the buns. Personally I think it looks really weird with the plastic top and fabric skirt. Still the face was quite nice.

5. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    This Leia goes with the Luke figure that comes out in the same wave. It is the ESB Leia. I believe luke comes with a mechanical arm. Should be something to keep a look out for. :)

6. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    rebelscum.com has all the toyfair 09 coverage up already. There are quite a few figures to look out for this year. A new Leia, a young aunt Beru and even a new Padme figure! Very exciting!
    And for those like me... there are some nice Obi Wan offerings also! Ep. 3 Obi Wan from DC direct and a Ep. 1 Obi Wan from Hasbro.

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow! New Amidala figure:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropresentation/image19.asp

Of course, I think having her holding a gun is ridiculous. I don't think any of the other Queen versions of her hold guns, but other than that - she's lovely. :)

And young Beru is adorable! But, what - no gun? :p

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropresentation/image10.asp

8. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Who needs a weapon when you can serve blue milk! :p

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm really impressed by the Amidala, and that is my favourite among her TPM gowns as well. I really want to have that one, even if I agree that the gun is silly. I'm not as impressed by Beru, but it's nice to see a figure of her anyway.

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the "Blue Beru Milk Attack"! LOL!

11. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Never underestimate the power of dairy! :D

ObiAnne, love the giff! Seeing Darcy there makes me want to go watch Pride and Prejudice again! :D

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    You can never have too much Darcy! :D

I guess with Valentine over it's time to get back to my regular Danni Quee soon though.

13. Inessapesenko

Inessapesenko Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2009
    Very interesting

14. Boba Jr

Boba Jr Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 1998
    When are these figures supposed to be released? :D

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So one of Sweden's biggest opera stars, and world famous mezzo-soprano Malena Ernman has started her own webpage. On it she mentions that one of her hobbies is to collect dolls (she means action figs though) and she can't help herself when she sees a Darth Vader doll. You can see a blurry Vader standing in the background on this photo.

[image=http://www.malenaernman.com/wp-content/uploads/dolls.jpg]

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Leia fans (like me) rejoice! Gentle Giant is releasing a Hoth Leia mini-bust next year! I've been waiting for this one :)

17. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    And it looks like she's coming with a removable breathing mask from the asteroid scene...unless GG decided to release that as an exclusive version.

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not a big fan of the mini-busts, but I'm happy for the Leia none the less.

19. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    Hey ladies! Not to jump in somewhere I don't belong, but I thought you gals might be stoked to know that Hasbro is releasing a Jaina Solo action figure! They had pics of her in their comic-con presentation!

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, I saw that, and that is probably the only new figure that I felt interested in. There was way too much armour in the line to get me interested in the rest.

21. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Gentle Giant had some nice offerings at comic con as well. There's a new Endor Leia with Speederbike and Wicket statue, another new set of bookends coming out aside from the trash compactor ones. This time it's Jabba's palace with Boush Leia and Han in Carbonite on one side with a Grammorean guard and Boba on the other. There is also a new animated slave Leia sculpt and mini bust slave Leia. I don't collect slave Leia stuff but the mini bust is a very good likeness.
    I'm totally picking up the Endor Leia on speederbike statue, it's great!

22. correlliangal

correlliangal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005

Yippeee!! The are more of us out there!! Thank the maker!

I am not a big action figure collector, but I do have a few. When no one's looking, I'm playing with them ;)

I am trying to collect autographs and was wondering if anyone else out there can tell mw how long they waited for Billy Dee Williams and Hayden Christensen(sp) to get back to them?

Thanks

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Is that Gentle Giant ESB Hoth Leia bust out yet? Methinks I need it. I was at Comic Con but didn't manage to visit many of the booths but I saw that.

That Amidala figure hasn't come out yet has she?

24. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    The Hoth Leia is slated for December 09 on entertainment earth's website.
    As for the Hasbro Padme figures, the Clone Wars Padme is set for October '09, and the Purple gown Padme comes out next month.
    Lots of shopping to be had... :)

25. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    This is definitely the year for Star Wars chicks! In addition to the new Padme figures and Hoth Leia, as stated above there is also a Slave Leia mini-bust, animated maquette AND Leia/Wicket/Speeder bike statue in the future. Finally we girls are getting some love!

Now if only they would do some Queen Amidala statues in all her royal finery hehe. I personally would love to see a statue of her in her post-senate dress (where she tells Palpatine she's going back to Naboo).