Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Princess_Tina, Nov 16, 2003.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. ILuvJarJar Force Ghost

star 6
    I havent met a female star wars colector yet which is unusual because they are everywhere.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    I really need to clean my office out and put my shrine back up - only problem - my crazy 90lb dog terrifies me because she bounces up and down like she's got pogo-sticks in her legs, I'm afraid that she's going to break something.
  3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Has anyone come across the purple gown Padme' yet? I am searching all over for it. Also the new galactic hero Leia's. I have only seen them in sets, not two packs.
  4. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck PLJ. I'm putting my collection back up for our local collectors meeting. It's quite a task!

I haven't seen any Padme figures out on the shelves yet but I keep looking! Maybe something will show up in the next few weeks.
  5. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks, at least I know it's not just me.
  6. -Yun-Harla- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I'm in. :)

Although I collect mostly Legacy stuff and bedsheets, ha ha.
  7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I haven't come across the new Amidala figure yet either....
  8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I found the new Amidala figure this morning at a Target. :)
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    oh wow, so it's time I go have a look again, I was just there on Wednesday.
  10. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I went to Target, three of them in fact, plus TRU and still haven't found the figure... I will ck again in a few days.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Bah - I keep going places and she's nowhere to be found. They have scores of Leias though.
  12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The stores by me have been restocking so infrequently that it feels if I'm not there the day they put them out then I'm out of luck. It's frustrating, but maybe with XMas around the corner they will start to order more.

I did see the purple Padme for order on Hasbro.com along with the new slave Leia. They aren't expected to ship until later this month, but at least they have them for order now!
    http://www.hasbro.com/shop/browse/Star-Wars/Action-Figures-Collectibles/_/N-1rZ85Zci/Ne-8u/No-550?Items=50&Ntk=All

edit: oops! Looks like Slave Leia is already sold out on pre-order.... :(
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I ordered the purple dress Padme' from the Hasbro site, had to pay double because of shipping fees, but at least now I have it coming, they told me today in an email that it has been shipped. I may do the same with the clone wars Padme' as well, it says on Hasbro that it will ship around the 26th of this month if you preorder.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey there's a Clone Wars Padme too: http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm?guid=F1657B94-19B9-F369-D9D4-E300EE015DE6&product_id=25303&src=endeca
  15. Pakstarwars Jedi Padawan

I love lightsabers!
    So that's mostly what I collect. FX-sabers, static hilts, .45 minis

I have a jedi costume for this Halloween. Can't wait!
    I saw a lot of great Padme costumes worn by the rebel legion members:)
  16. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Oh, I'm hoping that some vendors have found the Padme figures when it's time for Jedi-Con over easter. I don't trust any store around here to stock them, it's a big lottery when it comes the figures they put up, not to mention that that regular price for a figure is around $25 (I'm not kidding).
  17. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    what's the exchange rate between you and the US? I'm just curious how much more you are actually having to pay for figures.
  18. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    The normal price is 169 Swedish krona for one figure.
  19. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I want to share my newest and most unique collectable with everyone. A friend who is a professional artist did this for me. I am thrilled with it.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/cathiecat/?action=view&current=PadmeLukeLeia001.jpg

20. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    It's beautiful. You can stare at it for a long time, and it actually made me a bit teary eyed.
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Aww that's so pretty!

I finally got my purple gown Queen Amidala figure. I almost didn't get it because they so cheaped out on how they made her face a part of the headdress *Shudders* but got it anyways.
  22. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    your right about the purple gown Padme. It would be really nice if they could do a better face sculpt.
  23. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I hope you all vote in the fan choice poll, there are quite a few interesting female characters to choose from.
  24. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh boy. How am I to decide between Pelly and C'baoth? Not to mention Tarkin.8-}

I guess I migh just as well officially start collecting, Jangos, Bobas, and clones. Though I tend to get only the good-looking versions.[face_laugh]
  25. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope I don't get in trouble for this but I thought I'd spread the word as it is for charity...
    My local collecting club, SARLACC, just finished putting together our first charity pin. :) And we're all super excited about it. If you haven't seen it yet, you can check it out here: http://sarlacc.org

Whether you're at the mall or online, Black Friday shopping! Hope you find some good SW deals! I'm still hunting for those elusive Leia and Padme figures!
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT