main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We've allowed advertising for charity stuff before - I think we can allow this. :) Besides, I think I saw it on the front page of TFN as well..

2. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Haven't dropped by in a while!

I've managed to find both the purple gown Padmé and CW Padmé. No Slave Leia and I think it will probably be four years before the bodysuit Ahsoka ever appears on the pegs.

--MissPadme

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    What kind of packaging does the travel gown Padmé has? Yesterday I found that one of the stores around here had a surprisingly good selection of SW figures so if I'm lucky it might show up there. They had both the purple CW Padmé and snowbunny Padmé and I tried to give my mother some very big hints about it, but I'm not sure it worked.

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    My collection is currently packed away. I mainly have the figures. Until I can find some shelving to put up or way to display it all, everything has to stay locked away from the puppy.

5. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I never meet a female collector so my question is does your boyfriend or husband ever tell you to stop buying stuff???

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Whenever I get inspired to clean my office completely out my shrine's going back up.

What good stuff has come out in the last few years bust wise that I might be interested in picking up?

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm happy to see that there will finally be some nice female clothes items for us who don't like just wearing baggy t-shirts to express your SW-fandom.

8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    LOL! Never! I have turned him to the darkside of collecting! I still mostly stick to SW, but he started in SW during CIII and has since branched out to bobbleheads, toy story and johnny lightning cars. This way it's never a problem going from store to store until we drop hunting for treasure.

My ex-husband ised to have a slight problem, but that was before we had bought a house and each of us had our own office to 'decorate' anyway we wanted. Mine was the SW museum [face_dancing] [face_love] and his was... who cares, really.I-)

9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    is there any new Padme's or Leia's coming out this summer or fall?

10. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    There is a Hoth Leia coming out on the vintage black card from ESB. It should be out now, but I haven't found any - I did find the rest of that wave except for Luke or Leia.

Also, there is a Boushh/Leia out on the new blue cards that have statistics listed on the front. Sorry I don't know extacly what that set is called.

I don't follow Padme figures, so I can't be sure, but I haven't seen anything super new in the last 3 weeks either.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We got the blue card line here. I think my local Entertainer had Leia/Boussh.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that Rebelscum has a gallery up from the CV Her Universe booth.

13. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    For all you Gentle Giant PGM members, this year's holiday mini-bust is Snowbunny Padme (realistic Natalie Portman likeness). It's really nice! Her hair is down and she's holding mistletoe.

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    They're releasing a new AOTC Padme in her peasant disguise. Not totally clear on the release date, but I think it's within this year.

This link will take you to a picture, she's in one of the bottom rows on the far right:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/TVCfigures.asp

Meriwyn, I saw pictures of that Padme bust. I'm so on the fence over it. While it is a beautiful (really beautiful) likeness of her, I find myself wishing it were different. I guess I'm still waiting for a movie accurate version of her that is as pretty as that. They can obviously sculpt her really well, so why can't they do one that is canon? I suppose they did capture her well with the Theed Throne Room mini-bust...I'm just pining away for an AOTC or ROTS version of her that is as pretty as this XMas one. (i.e. in a pretty dress with fancy schmancy hair/headdress ;) ) I'm such a disgruntled Padme collector. [face_blush]

Excited about the peasant disguise figure though. That is a very nice surprise and I believe she comes with both headdresses. :cool:

15. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Obi-Dawn :)

I totally sympathize with you on being a disgruntled Padme collector. She has SO many costumes that they can make mini-busts and statues from and we get nothing. Lucas has some weird protective vibe over that character and won't let a lot of stuff be made/written about her. Not sure why but I know there was some kind of moratorium on authors writing a lot about her.

That being said, the Padme mini-busts I would most like to see are:

Any of her gowns from Phantom Menace
    the green velvet robe/dress from Revenge of the Sith
    the purple velvet robe/dress from Revenge of the Sith (the one where she and Anakin are on the veranda)

I'm sure all we'll get though is AOTC ripped jumpsuit though heh :rolleyes:

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hi Meriwyn :)

I wonder what's with the protective vibe thing. Weird but probably not without good reason, I suppose.

I like your picks for mini-busts. I'd add just about most anything from AOTC except the white battle suit...again. Particularly the pinic gown. She's so beautiful and feminine with that hairstyle. And anything from ROTS with the exception of her Mustafar costume. Just...something romantic and canon. Will it ever be done?

Hope you are well!
    -d

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I've got to start hunting for the Padme Pheasant disguise. Anyone have any links to the gentle giant bust of christmas Padme.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There's a pic here. I tried the Gentle Giant website but I got a 'down for maintenance' screen.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I got my Padme Peasant disguise. The darn thing was hanging right in my face and I was looking all over the pegs for it. No luck on Christmas Padme though.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't mean to double post, but it has been several days since my last post. Does anyone know how much the Christmas Padme bust cost, I am looking at ebay and it ranges from very small to very large amounts of money. I guess it just depends on how strongly you want it.

21. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, hubby'd never say 'stop' - he has expensive hobbies himself - , but sometimes I'll get the funny look. Like yesterday when I finally got my Sideshow Rex (not to be confused with Sideshow Bob) and actually squealed when unpacking the fig (yeah, none of my figs remains NOTB, I tend to play with them or at least put them up for inspection on the bookshelf).
    *shrugs*
    Well, he knew he was going to marry a hunter and collector back then, so there.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I got my legacy collection Amidala, the purple travel gown today. I found it on ebay for a lot cheaper than the regular cost for figs here. I think they have chosen a strange pic for the back though, it makes the purple dress look almost too red. Well I've freed the fig from the box so I wont have to worry about that anymore.

Now I'm just waiting for the peasant disguise Padmé that I found at the same time.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Greetings ladies!

I am officially back and into collecting after about a 3 year hiatus. We just moved to a new place and I'm working on re-erecting my shrine and have been scouring ebay looking for goodies that I've missed in the past few years. I've got my 2 Ikea Detolfs up and am excited to fill them up w/ goodies! My Illusive Concepts Yoda is out and proudly on display in his own spot for the first time also :)

Some items I've already picked up and will be on their way:

Sideshow Boussh Leia
    Gentle Giant Hoth Luke Mini-bust
    GG Snowbunny Padme bust-up
    GG Anakin bust - Artist proof (my armless Padme will finally have her man to go alongside her!)

I'm going to work on getting:

Sideshow: Leia (white dress,) Snowbunny Padme, and whatever Lukes I don't have.
    GG has a bunch of Lukes, Leias, and Hans who I've missed. And I want Wicket and REALLY want that Holiday Padme.
    I need to pull them all out and see what I'm missing but it looks like the Kenner Force Unleashed figures are now going really cheap so I'll finish out my collection of those.

I think that there are a handful of small Padme figures that I've missed also. Will get pics up once the shrine is fully up!

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hey ladies - I've officially started a petition asking Robert Tonner to producer more STAR WARS dolls. I found a Q&A with him from November and he said that it's a dream line of his to work with.

I think if we can get several hundred (a couple thousand would be better) signatures that we could turn his head and get him to talk to LFL.

Click HERE to sign it!

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Does anyone know if there are any new Padme' or Leia figures coming out from any company? 2011 fall/winter