main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hot Toys Endor Leia announced at SDCC - they've got an Endor Luke and Ep 3 Anakin also. (Link to that is in the Sideshow thread.) There's been talk that Anakin's been in the works for years over there. Glad to see he's finally coming.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My D23 Hoth Leia/Vader arrived. Leia is amazing. She looks so great, I just bought Jyn/Krennic.

Yes, I have a problem.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Probably the same problem I have where books and Fetts are concerned. I need another flat for the collection!

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah did you see that Hot Toys is doing a Holiday Special Boba Fett?

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Grrr double post :(

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did. I'm giving that one a pass though as I'm not crazy about the figure. I have the one Hasbro did awhile back though.

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I need that Hot Toys Anakin!!

I won the drawing at Hallmark to get the only set of all 3 interactive ornaments they had in the store. The lady told me that there are supposed to be 4 or 6 more that will eventually run a 9 minute film dialog if you have them all linked.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wow! Congrats!

10. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017

Thanks! I had just put the first two (Death Star and Tie Fighter) on layaway a couple days before the did the drawing. I was going to have to wait until October when the X Wing stock arrived.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Congrats! We'll want to see pics when you get the set.

wobbits likes this.
  12. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's great that you got her! If I didn't have sooo many things on pre-order I might think of getting one. The Anakin looks great too.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes, it will be the last collectible I get to buy for a while what with the cat and plus my son switches from Pima Community College to UofA this year, so I am fast becoming very poor.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That sucks :( But real life does get priority. I went for a block of years in the 2000's where I had to stop collecting cold turkey because money was so tight. The good news is nearly nothing is so limited that you'll never be able to pick them up again at some point.

I just had my 4th Sideshow pre-order hit my bank today - so I have about $200 a month I'm bleeding out to them for pre-orders. I'll pick up the Forces of Destiny dolls whenever I see them but they're going to be the extent of my collectibles shopping until these 4 are fully paid off. At least my other 3 shouldn't start charging until end of year or beginning of next.

The good news is I keep seeing all over on the collecting boards on Facebook that I follow that people are snatching up the FOD dolls when they see them. Other than your hard core males who don't "get it" - most people seem to think they're pretty cool. A good sign to keep the line alive.

wobbits and Darthmaul208 like this.
  16. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017

I will definitely post some when I spring them out of layaway. :)

I tried snatching up the only two FOD dolls I have seen in person (Rey with BB8 and Sabine) but Toys R Us wouldn't let me. They had them out on the shelf with shelf stickers and claimed that it was a stock person's mistake. Said they would hold them for me until August 1. I went to corporate. If other store managers can do an override, mine certainly should have. Still waiting to hear back.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    August 1st is the actual street date? That's good to know.

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Corporate called my local TRU store manager and I finally got a phone call yesterday. I went in after work to go pick up FOD Sabine and Rey with BB8 only to find Jyn Erso, and the Hoth Leia with R2 were out on the shelf now too!! I grabbed one of each and went to the customer service desk. The manager had to override all of them for me.

Apparently they didn't learn their lesson Sunday when my attempted purchase alerted them to stuff being on the shelf too early.

I checked out the DPCI for Endor Leia and Wicket which have an October 1 street date and my local Target already has them in stock but not listed as saleable yet.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Congrats wobbits I've seen people pick up the Endor Leia already, strange that they would send them out that far ahead. Looks like for once Hasbro actually is on the ball for manufacturing in a timely manner.

I'll pass on Sabine but will get Jyn, Leia, and Rey. I picked up a new set of doll stands for them. Where in the world I'm going to fit Rey on my Rey/Finn shelf is beyond me, it's completely packed. I think my large BB-8 who's stuffed in a corner will be coming out, especially since there will be a second Rey coming.

Got my D23 Jyn/Krennic 2 pack. The boxes for those are huge and are really nice w/ how they're packaged. I'm not usually a keep in package person but I might just do that w/ Jyn and Hoth Leia. Where to display them that way is another issue entirely.

20. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Space is my issue too! I wanted the single Rey since she comes in a different outfit but decided to just leave her in favor of the set with BB 8.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wait both Rey's are out? Gaahhhhhh!

22. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Yes, they had both Reys at Toys R Us yesterday.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Where do you pick up doll stands and how much do they run?

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I bought boxes of Kaiser doll stands for 11.5" (Barbie) sized dolls on ebay. Kaiser's are the metal ones w/ round bases and extending metal grippers that go round the waist. You probably can look for ones for Ken they'll be a little wider for the hips since I know the dolls are a little broader than Barbie.

Cost is around $20 for a box of 12 - just shop around. People sell them in smaller batches for less. The small ones I bought work GREAT for the 6" figures. Since I have a huge Barbie collection I have bazillions of these. If I get my FOD dolls this weekend I'll take new photos in my shrine. Only problem I got a new puppy this weekend and I REALLY don't want HER in there with me :eek: Tiny sharp teeth do NOT belong in the shrine.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Definitely no puppies! I used to have a cat that delighted in jumping on the shelf above the entertainment center, then he would just stalk through my son's FF and KH figures knocking several down at a time. He probably did about $500 worth of damage to the figures, my son was extremely upset. I would never have guessed as large as Garfield was he could even jump that high.