main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    My darn computer goes so slow, I hit button and it never posted, so I hit button again, and voila, double post. sorry.:(

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Cats are bad too, they can get into everything. Yeah puppy will NOT be invited into my office, I'll have to shut myself in there when I'm working. Hopefully I'll find a few of the dolls this weekend. I'm thinking if they're out at Target I'll just goto my Frys grocery store they have a nice sized toy section and usually have everything. I pick up more stuff there than anywhere else.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Even though I have no where to display them, I've started picking up TLJ stuff. I have coming from online 12" Rey, 6" Black series Rey, 3 3/4" Rey, Leia & Chewie (w/ porg!) and 3 Funko Pops - Rey, Porg, Chewie.

They had nothing Luke.

I figure I'll start on Rey/Chewie/Luke/Porg stuff and any Leia stuff I can get. Then I'll work on Finn & Rose stuff. If I focus on just a few characters that'll help keep the spending in check. At least that's what I tell myself.

4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I am trying to focus on just a few characters as well because my space is very limited. I just picked up my first Kylo and Rey POPs with the TLJ releases. Leia and one of the Stormtroopers (that was a gift) were my only ones from TFA. Jyn, Cassian and the RO Vader were the only ones before that- film recent release wise.

The only BB8 I have anywhere is with my Rey FOD figure.

5. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I haven't seen any elite series yet for TLJ but those are usually sold at the Disney store. I might buy some of the black series for TLJ. I've started to collect the trading cards Galactic files reborn and the 40th anniversary cards too.

6. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    I grabbed the last 3.75" Kylo on Saturday. Then I got Rey and Praetorian. Today I found 6" Kylo and Rey, and the Wal Mart BS 3.75" Luke.

There's soooo much I want but I have to pace myself ;)

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    For the time being the only thing I am planning on buying is the Forces of Destiny Ahsoka and Padme when they finally come out. My 22 yr old son only wanted a Porg from TRU and I got Leia by Claudia Gray My daughter wants a porg from the Disney store. I know I want 6 inch figures of Luke and Rey and Leia from TLJ. I just hope they are still around when I can afford them. Both Disney and Black series figures of 6 inch

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Rey looks really good. I didn't see Luke or Leia yet. I'll try to get those too.

I need a couple more bookcases so I can plan out my two TLJ shelves. I figure I'll have one be Luke/Rey/Chewie/Porgs, the other Finn/Rose/Leia and maybe Paige/Poe. I like the Disney elite series figures, I think they're nicer than the Hasbro Black series, but the darned things don't stand well w/o extra supports.

I'm thrilled by the number of different types of 12" scale figures that are now being produced - Hot Toys, Disney premium elite (hopefully they continue!), and Force of Destiny. I wonder how many different outfits Rey will have in the film? If she has 2-4 dress changes, that's going to be A LOT of merchandise that will get made for her.

Hopefully they won't be stingy on Leia merchandise or make it too difficult to find.

cathiecat likes this.
  9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I took all my Porgs to work. They're sitting on my desk next to a countdown for the film.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha the invasion has begun!

wobbits and cathiecat like this.
  11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I was happy to see 3 female figures in the first wave of TLJ assortments, and I'm super excited for TLJ Leia in wave 2, but where is TFA General Leia?! I know they made a 6 inch figure of her, but where is the 3.75 figure?!

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I never even saw the 6" TFA General Leia, in either outfit she wore. I want to have one, well, one of each, and also want to have TLJ 6" Leia as well, Of course Rey as well.

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    [​IMG]They only got around to TFA General Leia (6 inch) this year, and its not even fully distributed / released - I've never seen it at a store yet, though I've seen the first wave with Hera. Apparently Hasbro said she'd be released in the 4 inch line too, but all they've previewed is the TLJ figure, not the TFA General figure. Found the image on google, it is being released next month I believe.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hope so. I don't have room for her, but no matter. I have however, finally left the 3.75 alone. Though I do have every Padme 3.75 but one (celebration TPM). I do have many 3.75 Leia's from OT, at least one in every costume, but the 3.75 have made and remade so many I give up on collecting the, though a couple of my Padme's I could only find out of bag

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I put an order in for that Leia on Hasbrotoyshop.com and was confused when she didn't show up w/ my other items I ordered. I just checked my invoice - ETA is 10/20. So I think Oct 20th is when we're going to have a lot more new releases coming that's when we'll have the next round of Forces of Destiny Dolls coming also.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh goody!! I will have more money then

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    do you think I could pose my black series Jyn like this and she would stay up
    Nevermind, my son just tried it and it almost broke her leg. Why oh why do they show us this stuff in such cool poses
    [​IMG]

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yikes! Well maybe it would work better on the 3 3/4" scale black series figure who's coming vs the 6" figure.

I'm going to be bombarded w/ Rogue One Hot Toys figures next month. My last payment for K-2SO is coming up and I believe both of my Jyn's will be shipping, along w/ my Game of Thrones Dany figure. I should then have a couple of months breathing room w/ any pre-order money coming out and think I'm going to go get bookshelves. Although I'm sure more Hot Toys pre-orders will be coming - Jyn and Luke. The Endor Luke and Leia still need to be put up also.

*Sigh

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Not to keen on getting any 3 3/4 figures. We shall see. I need three sets of bookcases, two to replace short ones in the livingroom and one for the bedroom. I also want a new dresser for the bedroom to replace two plastic sets of drawers. I plan on using all available space on these units with Star Wars, other Disney figures, and varying books. As it stands at the moment my FOD figures are in a rubbermaid tub in bedroom, no place to set them. I also really should dust all the figures, but I have no way of reaching the ones on the top shelf in living room, my husband (who I kicked out over three years ago) put many figures up there for me and now my son is always busy with something and I hate to bother him about something so mundane. which incidentally how do y'all dust your figures, I find it difficult to dust the figures with rooted hair, and white actual material outfits are impossible to keep clean.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I picked this up a few weeks ago over on Disney store - it's a scarf from Rogue One Scarif design.

[​IMG]

The thing is huge, so large I couldn't photograph it (hence the stock photos). I really like the graphics on it and the coloring. I might try to hang it as a window covering but I don't want it to fade out. Maybe after I get new shelves I can use it in my Rogue One display which I'll have to move to a new shelf at some point. I'm really glad that I picked it up though. It's gone there now.

[​IMG]

wobbits likes this.
  21. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    That is gorgeous!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know I've been eyeballing it ever since I first saw it. I have a Queen Amidala scarf that I love, it's poly and a larger square normal sized scarf though. I hope that they do more of them.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My son just started working at TRU and I had told him October 20th was supposed to have new stuff. He informed me that nothing new came in or was put on the floor as far as Star Wars goes as of October 20th! I am so frustrated, I waited till now and now I have to wait again. Anyone have any idea when that will be.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nothing new at mine when I was in town either. I thought I saw Oct 31st somewhere but can't remember. It might have been in a thread here or on Rebelscum.

cathiecat likes this.
  25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Hopefully.