main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I think they got delayed my guess is they want them released closer to Xmas - the ANH Leia, Chewie, and Rey/Kylo 2 pack seem to be slated for end of November. Not sure when Padme and Ahsoka are coming. I haven't seen pics of Ahsoka in package

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I swear last night I found the Leia/R2D2 special Forces of Destiny on either Disney, TRU,or Wal-mart site. I can't find it today though, it was $50 Found it!!! Pre order on TRU website. Do you think $50 is the average price for her. I am thinking of preordering it. Though maybe not so smart since my son just started working there and gets a tiny discount., but $5 off is still something.

3. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    The Disney Store is supposed to be getting new merch in starting October 27th, perhaps that's where the date came from?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be.

5. jarjarbinksthegungan

jarjarbinksthegungan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2017
    Is anyone else having a hard time finding the new Leia POP in Walmart? I'm in Canada, and I haven't even seen the new Last Jedi POPs in stores, but all but Leia are online.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I believe Leia is supposed to be around $50, Rey/Kylo is like $40-45.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    With Hot Toys going bezerk on 12" figures that I want I think I'm going to have to reign in my collecting this coming year.

Basically I'm thinking I'll keep my Smuggler's boxes (I love the "It's Christmas!" aspect to them.)
    I will look for adding anything Leia Ep 7-8 related.
    Forces of Destiny dolls - not skipping any of those since I spent years screaming for them.
    Hot Toys figures - I just put Rey on Pre-order and want Luke from TLJ. I'd love Poe but I think I"m going to have to hold off on him since I really want Endor Biker Scout Leia. If I get those 3 that will bring me up to 7 pre-orders for next year that I'll be paying on - blehhhhh.... so there goes the bulk of my collecting budget.
    If they continue the Premium Elite series at Disney I'll get those for the girls too.

Otherwise, Hasbro will mostly be cut off, the only Funko Pops I'd pick up are any w/ characters I really need (like Padme or Anakin.) If I love the other characters in TLJ they'll just have to wait for me to hunt down stuff later.

Then that's about it. I have a large trip in Sept that I'll be paying off so that'll be taking my extra moola too. I'm thinking I'm going to purge a bunch of my dolls this year, that money will go towards paying for my pre-orders.

On the flip side - both of my Hot Toys Jyns will be shipping probably tonight w/ delivery by Friday or Saturday! Woot!

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017

I haven't been able to find her either.

I am going to slow down on the Pops this year because Hot Toys just released not only that new Rey from TLJ but a Hoth version of Leia. I already have Anakin on pre-order too.

Definitely going to concentrate on FOD too.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

Yeah I forgot the stinkin Dorbz are coming to Disneystore also. I do want those.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I'm going to be getting my first SH Figuarts figure - no way I'm passing on this gorgeous Queen Amidala. I like the ROTS Anakin and ANH Leia also, but I can only budget for so much.

[​IMG]

Scavenger Rey and Gamma626 like this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here are some side by side comparison photos of the 12" Jyn figures I have w/ my 2 new Hot Toys. Missing is the 12" Hasbro, I had her in a 5 pack, I just got one loose cheap, but didn't have her when I photographed these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gamma626 likes this.
  12. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That Amidala is beautiful, wish they'd do a Talzin in that format!

I recently picked up the basic figure for General Leia (TLJ), and it turned out fantastic! I hope a TFA General Leia isn't far behind.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hey Ladies did you see the new Hot Toys TLJ Leia who's available for Pre-order over at Sideshowtoy.com?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scavenger Rey and Gamma626 like this.
  14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE!!!

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I know, I ran and put her on pre-order, she's GORGEOUS!

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't have the money to pre order, I hope to be able to save up for her soon though.

I am wondering what you think of displaying my figures on different levels of a shelf using SW books to create the levels. I don't have money to buy staggered little units so this is my best option. My son and my nephew-in-law put together my new entertainment center last night and so far I have only placed books on all the bottom shelves and put our new tv up. This set up is in the bedroom, but the entertainment unit is normally used in a living room, so nice and large, more than six feet long with shelves all across the bottom and on the sides. Thoughts??

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That sounds like a great idea! I just stuffed a ton of paperbacks behind a row of hardbacks in a round of recent reorganizing - didn't think of using them for risers.

For my 18" scale figures I use my Smuggler's boxes as step ups for levels. I look for all sorts of stuff that I use as risers. I did buy some like 4" clear acrylic risers that I use, but I also use stuff like empty Altoids tins, empty plastic gum jars, empty boxes from purchases (particularly if they're all white,) and I once got a box of stuff and there were these round flat foam disks in them - I use those. I took 3 the other day and stuffed them into a Death Star mug that I have and it gave a nice flat surface for a Jyn Wacky Wobbler to stand on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh wow! Lots of great ideas! I am happy to know you think I came up with a good idea, that was in fact the way I came up with the idea, the fact that I have too many books, I too was stuffing paperbacks behind hard covers, in fact sticking hard covers behind hardcovers even! :D[face_blush]

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Has anyone seen the Rey/Kylo FOD 2 pack for sale anywhere? Everywhere I'm looking they're not going to be available until March now.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI these came up in my ebay searches today Triad Toys - 2 EVA figures. These have short molded hair, but the facemold is a great Natalie face. I used her to put her into the orange hand maiden costume from TPM (removed the plastic face out of the hood.) For this figure the body is crap, you have to have a really good Kaiser stand to keep it so it'll stand up, but the face is really nice. The price they have them for is really great there's one online otherwise that's $69. If you want her wearing something else you have to try to track down a wig for her.

[​IMG]

Triad toys made a male called Evo at the same time who rarely comes up for sale - he looks a lot like AOTC Anakin (far back right side of my shelf behind meadow Padme.) No pigtail but his hair works. His body is even worse than the Eva figure, I couldn't get his floppy feet to go into any boots so mine has no feet inside his boots. The joys of customizing....
    [​IMG]

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    They are currently available for pre-order on Entertainment Earth. Says due to arrive in February.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I had one on pre-order, then Gentle Giant's systems went wonky and I was broke so I never bothered to get her. She looks amazing though.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hope you didn't have money down on her that you lost