main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanks for that info. I will do my best to be patient, it's one of my worst talents.

2. Tal0nkarrde2

Tal0nkarrde2 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    I don't have a great deal of space to be a huge collector, but I do have my small collections here and there, like the original card sets, complete with the cards that used to come in Wonder Bread, if anyone can remember those. I also have a barrister bookcase filled to overflowing with all of the original series of books in hardcover format, and quite a few of the new ones, also in hardcover. There are a few other knickknacks I am proud of, including the MicroMachines Death Star playset and the original LEGO X-Wing Fighter.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Does anyone other than me spend entire hours of freetime perusing ebay or other store websites looking for good deals and unique items? Sometimes I think I have a problem. I don't buy that often though. I suppose I am a website window shopper.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh I do. It's how I've scored some of my more unusual items and some of my best bargains.

cathiecat likes this.
  5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Right now apparently Leia has something like 118 pages to go through with 200 items on each page. somewhere around 23,000 items. I found an adorable hot drink cozy (koozy) however it is pronounced and spelled.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Do Y'all think piecing together a 1978 12" Leia would be a fun process. I am considering doing it, my worst fear is I won't know how to put her buns back in place and most dolls, whole and not whole don't have their buns, just wavy hair. I am talking about a doll that needs work, not an expensive never out of the box more than once or twice.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    There aren't that many pieces for her - doll, dress, 2 socks, 2 shoes, a belt, her 2 hair bun holders, and a brush & comb. She's got these giant brown plastic donut holes you stick on her head and cover w/ her hair. Then you rubber band the hair down to make her buns. My favorite Leia, I had her as a kid ( and of course still have her.)

HerUniverse is making cool makeup brushes.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think this sounds like a fun project for me. I am going to be on lookout from now on.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have survived 3 weeks without my computer!! My finger and thumbs are so sore. I have to decide what is more important, collectibles or computer fixed! I can't decide??

I finally painted doll stands! Things are getting better. I know lately I have been a bit overwhelmed with life. Just nice to have a place to come talk my favorite subjects and see everyone else's purchases and collections.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  12. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    How about a compromise - fix the computer and buy a less expensive collectible. ;) I recently picked up the new Hoth Leia basic figure ($7.99), and the Carrie likeness is pretty great - the overall silhouette matches the character as well. Its likely the last Hoth action figure of her, considering there is already a SA version.

13. Benster7703

Benster7703 Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2018
    Not trying to start a fight, but The whole idea of this thread is kind of dumb. Men don’t need a dedicated thread to talk about collecting.

And I thought it was against the rules to try to separate users into groups.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This is a long-standing thread in Collecting (2003) - I'm willing to let it stand. There isn't a 'No Men Allowed' sign on it.

15. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Indeed. I myself have posted many times in it in the years that I've been here, and I am not a female.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am actually OPENING my figures finally!!
    11pm at night and I just suddenly had to do it! Hurrah for me!

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    All FOD's open! I got them all out of boxes and have my extra Leia in her dress and sandals and her hair is down! I am seriously questioning my sanity?! I am contemplating getting out elite series Disney figures. I feel both sleepy and yet strangely euphoric!? Do I have another hour in me to debox more??!

18. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Uh oh, did you accidently open everything on Ambien? :p I open nearly all collectibles I buy, but I do save some boxes to store items when they aren't on display. Action figures especially need to be released from their plastic prisons, so they can be appreciated.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That and they're toys - they need to be handled and posed.

Can't wait to see pics when you have all of your dolls displayed @cathiecat!

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I hope it's sooner rather than later. Life has been getting in the way of my fun for the last eleven months! I finally decided last night NO MORE! So I did something for me!! My daughter thinks I've gone off the deep end.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha! Well enjoy the cracky feeling. I'm getting myself amped, I think I'm going to have 4 of my Sideshow pre-orders finally filling. ROTJ Luke should ship end of month, then my Anakin, Rey, and Fox Mulder will all be coming in first part of July. I'll then only have TLJ Island Luke starting his pre-order payments until fall when Obi-Wan and Leia will start. After my trip I'll see how many Sideshow points I'm up to w/ my 4 figures having been paid off. If I'm up around $100 of Sideshow points I might just bite the bullet and put Jabba on Pre-order. Although I really should just put the Hot Toys ESB Darth Vader on pre-order since he goes w/ my HT Bespin Luke set. ThreeZero has a Scully also. I'm waiting to see how Mulder looks before I put her on pre-order.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    cathiecat likes this.
  22. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I intentionally leave some new figures unopened, so I can enjoy them over time, instead of opening everything the day I buy it. Some items cant wait though, like the recent Hoth Leia.

PS: I like X-Files as well, that ThreeZero Scully is nice but her legs look way too long! I tend to stick to much smaller items as well, like the POPs or Titans - they made some insanely cool X-Files Titans a couple years ago!

cathiecat likes this.
  23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I still have my portrait edition Amidala's from 1999 still boxed, I love the display when you open the cover. Though admittedly I would love to unbox them. I bought all the recent FOD and Disney Elite ones back when they first came out. I needed stands to get them up on the shelf, I finally got the stands in January but I never painted the stands until these last few weeks. Now I find I am trying to get them all on the shelf. I am so excited about it. I bought two monsters today to hopefully keep me energized to get most of it all done today. I procrastinate a lot though. Yes, I do realize Monsters are not healthy, but I have to sometimes gather my energy due to sedentary lifestyle, which I guess makes it even worse to drink monsters, oh well...

I also for now am leaving my Platinum edition Leia boxed for now. I love how she is posed putting the data card into Artoo. I find it very difficult to pose my figures and I really like them posed. Plus the box is awesome!

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I currently still have Platinum Leia and Kylo/Rey boxed. I have a second Padme boxed too but will probably take her out.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I love the idea of a second or even third Padme, I will just have to find someone to make her dresses. I know you posted a link to a lady that put patterns up for her outfits. I don't remember which thread I saw it on, or if it was here or on the fangirls board, of course once I find the patterns then I have to find someone to make them for me. My work is cut out for me. and I don't know how to style her hair, so many issues, but I am wanting to do it very much.