main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    MissPadme

Hummm...I'm guessing that just finding ONE will be near to impossible. I'm expecting to pay through the nose for those (Mara included.)

*Sigh*

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Truthfully both the Leia and the Mara are pretty cheap on EBay. You can find Mara's for less that $10 easy, Leia is a bit more. I got a pretty good deal on her. Reminds me, I ought to get a in-package Mara.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I did discover that I have Dark Luke when I went through my figures the other day :D

I have checked and it does look like Mara and Leia are reasonable....adds them to my lonnnngggg list of items that I want to buy.

What is your wishlist of stuff to get?

I don't mean fantasy- "damn I'll never have enough money to buy that"- but what items would you love to have that you could (reasonably) afford?

These are my next items that are on my list of items to acquire...

I want an ackley :p
    The Geonoisian Arena playset
    The Royal Nubian cruiser
    A Reek - noting a pattern here ;)
    Don Post Watto and Boss Nass maskes
    Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Jar Jar interactive talking Banks.

Everyone - please remind me to stay away from ebay for the rest of the month btw....I just bought an 8 pack of Clone War prototype figures and I can't seem to be able to stop myself! :eek:

At a Kaybee's I just picked up Ani's speeder, several figures including Ani attacking the Geonosian and a Nexxu and 2 of the cheaper Padme dolls. Good to know there are still bargains out there :)

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh my wish list. I tend to get all the cheaper things as I go, I have an EBay problem as well. Now most of my things are the fantasy items.

*Acklay
    *More sheets to make things out of (ie shirts curtians, I do custom jobs)
    *Sio Bibble
    *Hoth mega pack (w/ Han's Taun Taun)
    *ships ships and more ships X-wing, tie, Falcon, AtSt etc
    *MR lightsaber
    *R2D2 ice bucket (I know 2 places where I could get it but it cost a lot)
    *Tyranus Unleashed (finally got Vader2!!)
    *book shelves (I know not SW, but I have to put all this crap somewhere)

I'm sure there is about a million more things, but I can't think of them at the moment.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

LOL! Yes, I understand that practical need.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've just bought an applause 8" Padmé from ebay. I need a good actionfigure of the TPM battle outfit, since I'm doing that costume, and since I haven't been able to find the 12" I bought this one instead. I was a bit angry about the 12" though, there was one on ebay for around 20$ but only within the US, so I emailed the seller and asked if it would be possible to make an exception, since he didn't get any bids on it. Well, he didn't answer my emails and in the end nobody bidded on the item. I was prepared to pay quite a lot for the shipping, but now he didn't get it sold, and I didn't get my hands on it. :(

Realisticly I think my next items will be some of the cheaper 12" Amidalas, especially the hidden majesty ones. I want to have a full set of handmaidens so I guess I need to buy 4 of them.

7. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003

LOL! I can also understand that! I'm having to stack them all up on top of each other on THREE shelves! :eek:

It'd be cool to have an acklay (I have a nexu that sits on top my monitor!) and that 12" Queen Amidala doll.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee hee [face_devil]

Ok- I swear, I've made my last purchase for the month. I just snagged the Qui-Gon/Padme giftset- deboxed online pretty inexpensively I may add. Woohoo! Means I can play w/ them :p

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Famous last words PLJ.

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I saw that one PLJ, but I had no money left.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jedi_DaJuan

Nahhhh I'm now in the "looking and deciding what to plunder next" mode... [face_mischief]

I've decided that other than a few of the cooler little figures things, I'm going to mostly focus on the 12" line and get me all of the larger giftsets, particularly the animal ones: stormtrooper and Dewback, Captain Tarpas and his critter, Han and TaunTaun. I like the cool- statue or replica type feel of them as items. I like that they can be posed whereas statues and are just so stiff.

I'll still pick up like the Ani/Padme and other figures who grab my fancy in the smaller figures- but I'm going to mostly lay off on them. There's just too many out there and I don't want to keep everything in package. Well not new stuff anyway.

Anne

Yeah I probably shouldn't have bought them either, but I don't care - they were too good of a deal to pass up on :D

12. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Just wanted to let y'all know I got the 12" Queen Amidala doll for only $7 at Kay Bee. :D

Anyone seen a reasonably priced acklay out there?

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I've never seen one outside EBay.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    As an FYI to everyone the TRU giftset w/ Leia and Han in Carbonite is REALLY nice! The Leia (hidden under the huge Boushh mask) is made w/ the pretty Leia headmold :)

My Padme and Qui-Gon set showed up a while ago and I have to say that although Hasbro's still having a hard time figuring out how to make a Padme doll attractive -they are the best looking figures that I think I own. The Qui-Gon in particular is taller than just 12" I think, and his facemold looks JUST like Liam [face_love] The costumes on both are exquisitely detailed also. Padme's is velvet.

Maybe they haven't done the Padme line from AOTC because they know that they just haven't gotten her face right yet.

On another note - the very first 12" Princess Leia doll from Hasbro from like 1996 is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I found one deboxed on ebay for $1. Poor dear. Her head in profile looks like Carrie Fisher, but she's got the UGLIEST body ever. It's butchy, and stumpy. You know it's got to be bad when it makes the old vintage Leia's look feminine :p

15. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I have the Qui-Gon/Padme set and I have to agree it's one of the best ones they've done. They captured Liam's likeness perfectly and the costumes are brilliant. I still have mine in the box...LOL

16. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    I didn't know padme_skywalkr, but am sorry to hear about a loss of a beloved SW fan :(

My introduction to SWANH occurred at a later time in life for me, as I was a young mother of 31 at the time of its release. I wasn?t aware of the toys at the time and it was probably years later that I went to a Science Fiction convention and picked up magazines with articles on SW. When the Action Master and Bend-ems came out, I think those were the first SW ?toys? that I picked up. Then the POTF2 line came along in ?95 and I started picking up ALL the figures and continued until just this year.

I was in a collecting group in Colorado, but I was the only female and really didn?t run into any female SW fans until I got online.

I enjoy having a lot of my SW collection displayed, and my husband has been good about it, but I keep it limited to one room, plus what I have stashed. Collection

As was previously mentioned by a few other female SW fans, one of the neat collectibles I?d like to have is the life-size Han in Carb. I?ve resigned myself to be happy with the TRU 12in Han in carb set ;) ....which you can see in the corner.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Meriwyn

Well I bought mine out of box so there's no guilt in displaying them that way :p

I've actually picked up several 12" figures online that way - dirt cheap recently. I got a Darth Maul, the first Hasbro Leia (ugly doll- but for a buck - I figured I'd take pity on the poor thing) the Qui-Gon/Padme giftset, the black and the red gown portrait Padmes... I got all of those dolls for $40.

I love taking the figures out of package. IMO for some reason, they look better once they're out of box. I have no idea why. I now need to pick up an AOTC Anakin to see if that theory further holds up.

r2dee2

Welcome! I love your pictures of your collection! I see you got that deluxe Chewie head from Illusive Concepts - I wanted one of those badly but missed him :( Oh well- I have a standard one by Don Post that I can put on whenever I want to scare the hell out of my dog :p

18. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm actually a heathen and open most of my figures as well...hehehe. I like to decorate my desks (both home and work) with them. The only ones I keep carded are ones that are somewhat rare and the Clone Wars animated ones because I love the packaging on those...LOL

And the 12" figures for the most part stay in the boxes (except my vintage ones which I actually played with as a kid) :)

19. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    PadmeLeiaJaina, glad you like the collection pic:)! Thanks!

I would have missed that Illusive Chewie too, but I'd read online that they were being clearanced out at Spencers toys. I was THRILLED to get him for $35! What's neat, you can comb his hair to get any look you like:)
    It IS a very nice piece, but the Don Post stuff is GREAT too!!

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well I definetly open all my things, I just love being able to turn the around and see all the details, I am a costume nerd and sometimes action figures can be really helpful.

Personally I have to buy everything from ebay, I'm mostly interested in TPM Amidala's and they weren't even sold here, and if I find them at some stores in Europe they are way more expensive even if you have to include shipping from ebay.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Anne

Well that sucks :( which ones do you still need?

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well today I got my hands on the battle of Naboo twin pack, so that means that I still need the Return to Naboo and after that I will start with the cheaper collection. There's a Swedish guy who bought a couple of the collection dolls, and he knows that if he can't get rid of them I'll buy them from him, so that's OK.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Anne

I sent you a PM [face_dancing]

r2dee2

MAN! If I'd ever known that Spencer cleared those Chewies out at that price I would've picked one up :( What a great catch you got there. I'm jealous!

So what's everyone's best bargain find?

24. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    My "bargain" find cost nothing! I got a Wal-Mart toy display sign. It's in two rectangular pieces, the SW logo is on one, and Anakin and Yoda (both with lightsabers) is on the other, and has a line of clone troopers in the background. It hangs proudly over my bed. :)

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just want to pop on in here and introduce myself. I'm nowhere near new to collecting(been going at it for 8 years now) but I've just recently started checking out the collecting forum and found this thread.

I basically collect the basic 3 3/4" and 12" action figures as well as books. Occasionally, I'll pick up something else like collector plates and rare objects. Overall, I have a fair size collection and I hope to share some of my experiences with all of you. :)