main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I just tried photographing Mara and she didn't come out very well - so I'll have to try again once I unload the pictures I just took. Course I had initially done her up w/ the intent of selling her. Once I stuck a lightsaber in her hands and started posing her, now I can't part with her :p Oh well, I can make another one and hunt for perfect clothes again.

Meriwyn

Yeah, I'm not sure how the heck to do an Aayla. I reroot doll hair, so changind dolls to look like characters w/ changing their hair is easy, but trying to create lectu? [face_thinking] I'll have to work on that.

Barris and Luminara are ones I hadn't thought of. I don't have a sewing station set up, so I'm pretty much using whatever Barbie clothes that I can put together to look like SW garbs. I found the perfect dress that resembles what Tenel Ka's lizard outfit looks like (even though it's not leather or anything.) I'm still trying to figure out what Tahiri and Jaina could wear. I have a pair of blue pants that look like cargo pants, unfortunately they're a bit on the short side and I'm having a heck of a time finding boots that would come up high enough on them.

I also have the perfect outfit for doing up a Mara doll when she's incognito at Jabba's Palace. Question to Mara fans - should her hair be brown or black for that?

Alright- so again, I'm going to get better pictures of Mara, but here's a sorta look at her, and TK before I've repainted her eyes gray:

Mara

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Mara%201.JPG]

Tenel Ka

(And yes, I couldn't bare the thought of ripping one of her arms off, so she has 2 :p )

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Tenel%20Ka%20on%20Fambaa2.JPG]

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Tenel%20Ka2.JPG]

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Those are incredible PJL. Are you considering doing another Mara to sell sometime?

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I'm going to put together the one of her in disguise as the dancing girl at Jabba's Palace because I have an outfit that's perfect. I have 3 copies of it, so I'll do one for myself and 2 to sell.

This picture.

I am going to do another redhead Mara for selling, but at the moment, I don't have anything for her to wear :eek:

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I collect Star Wars females... Wait. That's not
    what this thread's about. :oops: Sorry, ladies. Carry
    on. Carry on.

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I must say that I'm really excited about the new Amidala and Rabé figures, I just have to remember to save my money for C3!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I must say that I'm really excited about the new Amidala and Rabé figures, I just have to remember to save my money for C3!

That's what student loans are for ;)

7. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I like the new Amidala figure as well. I was always so disappointed that they stopped the Portrait Edition line of dolls. I wanted one of each of her outfits from Episode 1...LOL. Especially the celebration dress and the pre-senate kimono dress.

8. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Wow PLJ, those look fantastic! I need to stop in here more often. :)

And yes, I couldn't bare the thought of ripping one of her arms off, so she has 2 :p

Well you know she did have 2 full arms to begin with, so just think of it as the pre-Lightsabers version of Tenel Ka. Lightsabers being the YJK book in which Tenel Ka lost her arm. ;)

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Meriwyn

I don't know why they didn't finish the Amidala line either. Both of those costumes would've been wonderful done up :( Course we got ultra jipped when they didn't do a single deluxe Padme doll from AOTC - why was that??? Th Padme in the Qui-Gon/Padme giftset looked fine - I don't know why they didn't use her for future dolls.

I swear, the cheaper play Padme dolls must've sold well - whenever I goto thrift stores I see them all of the time, so it's not like they didn't sell. Why in the world do they keep ignoring their female fans???? :_|

SWChick14

[face_blush] Thank you! And you're right, TK is pre-"Lightsabers." Besides, in my fanfiction stories she did finally get a mechanical arm put on :p

Here are a few more pictures - including a couple that are better of Mara. Because her clothes are so dark, I couldn't get a picture of her to really show how green her eyes are. The Mara doll was made using Mattel's Lara or Ana doll from the Generation Girls line a few years back. I've always thought that doll, as well as the modern teen Skipper look remarkably similar to the Japanese covers of Mara.

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Mara%20Fig%202.JPG]

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Mara%20Luke%20Figs.JPG]

Star Wars Bombshells- Mara, Tenel Ka, and Tahiri. If you look at Tenel Ka and Tahiri closely, you can tell that they have the exact same face and paint. The Tahiri doll is Mattel's Shakira doll. She is the one I used for making the Tenel Ka. I simply removed the blond hair, and gave her dark auburn hair instead.

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/SW%20Girls.JPG]

Tahiri - I haven't done anything with this doll...I just thought her hair looked wild and wooly and would be great as Tahiri :)

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Tahiri.JPG]

Tenel Ka in action!

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/Erika%20stuff/Tenel%20Ka%20Posing%201.JPG]

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wow what happened? This thread sank like the Executioner! :_|

Psstttt there's a rumor floating around that there may be a second wave of Clone Wars figures coming including a ripped-shirt Ani figure.

:D

11. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    It's not a rumor it's true! Yay!! There are pictures of it somewhere on Rebelscum. They're also coming out with the Red ARC Trooper Commander! Woot!

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I took a quick look on Rebelscum but couldn't find them. I would go for the Red ARC Trooper though, assuming these are released.

13. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Actually, if you get the Insider, they're in the latest issue under the collecting section as a preview :) ARC Trooper is hawt...LOL

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I will get Insider eventually. We can't get it here in the UK since we have our own Star Wars magazine but I have a friend in the US who gets it for me and ships it on..

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    They keep over looking the Padme from that series. Grrr.

16. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Dajuan did you pre-order the Padme Clone Wars Maquette? When I saw her at Toy Fair in NY, I wasn't all that impressed with the prototype. But they have changed her around a bit and the statue looks much much better so I broke down and ordered one...LOL.

I have Yoda already and am waiting for Obi-Wan and the ARC Trooper as well :)

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Who has it? I haven't even heard of it. Stinking school keeping me from my toys.

18. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    It's an exclusive on SWS.com

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    $80 yikes!! Think I'm going to have to pass :( Not a bad likeness though. That holo emperor is more my budget, he might be coming home with me.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just saw the Yoda the other day and am still drooling over him. I like that Padme though, she cracks me up.

21. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    How many of you gals are going to C3? Should we have a chick collectors meeting? :)

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'll be there. One reason why my Padmé search is on the backburner is because I need to save the money for C3 and my costumes.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ooo that sounds great Meri! I'm there!

24. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Meriwyn posted: I like the new Amidala figure as well. I was always so disappointed that they stopped the Portrait Edition line of dolls. I wanted one of each of her outfits from Episode 1...LOL. Especially the celebration dress and the pre-senate kimono dress.

Meriwyn, if you're interested in customs, I know a lady who does custom Padmes from all three prequel films. Email or PM me, and I'll give you her website so you can check it out if you'd like.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Something tells me what w/ Padme being pregnant in Ep3 that we won't get any 12" scale dolls of her at all. Hasbro can barely get their act together to do an acceptable figure of her, much less her being pregnant.

:(