main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Rebels Fenn Rau

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would be down for Revan being Tar Vizsla in the regard to the person who ended the war.

2. godisawesome

godisawesome Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2010
    Okay, so, judging from Rau's statement that Maul used the Darksaber to divide Mandalorians, I think we can safely say either he and the Protectors are the same group that guarded Satine (and were opposing Death Watch and Maul from that standpoint) or hold to Bo-Katan's belief that only Mandalorians can rule Mandalore. It also sounds like it was a major fracture among the Mandalorians.

And here's a theory on why Skull Squadron could operate as Republican Mercenaries; they were simply on loan to Republic forces, and the New Mandalorian government supported this because using the warrior traditions outside of Mandalorian space was seen as a productive and practical outlet. The New Mandalorian government was overall about disarming and staying off a war footing, but was not ultra-pacifistic, considering their cops and guards.

3. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Fenn's new armor from the Rebels Concept Art:
    [​IMG]

Best shot of his new helmet we've had. It kind of looks like it shares similarities to Pre Viszla's blaster helmet, but without the "horns" and the lower parts of the cheek, and the top part of the "visor".

4. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 18, 2016
    The armor looks *way* better when portrayed with a darker color palette and the shoulders tightened to match his build better.

5. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    I was rewatching Protector of Concord Dawn, and in light of the confirmation that the Protectors are the same group as Satine's guards, I found that line Rau has about how he "fought one losing war for the Jedi" has some interesting implications. Finn's already got this clear respect for Jedi abilities and martial ethos, even when he rejects their idealism, and here we see him directly tie in working for the Republic as working *for* the Jedi. I really like how it implies that the Protectors might have a more measured opinion of their conflicts with the Jedi, since they'd be on the front lines against and alongside Jedi as enemies and allies, at least in comparison to the views someone like Pre Vizsla has of them.

The Protectors may have more clear respect for the Jedi because they've had enough conflict to recognize the parallels between their own organization and the Order; they thus recognize that Protector objectives and Jedi rules may not align, but that you can trust the Jedi and their word. Meanwhile, Clan and House leaders would be less likely to encounter Jedi to the same degree, and when they did, it might be almost always as enemies. Thus you get why Fenn the Protector starts his Darksaber story talking about a Mandalorian Jedi while Viszla's begins with the lightsaber being stolen; the Protectors would see being accepted into the Jedi Order as an honor, while Vizsla does not see that distinction.

6. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Ya know now that Bo-Katan is the new ruler of Mandalore:) I wonder if Fenn Rau will be able to recruit some NEW MANDALORIANS to join his Protector Clan?![face_thinking]