main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Fenrisulvens Drawings update 6-27 Former Fanfic-Villains

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Fenrisulven, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Heh, thanks for the comments as always FF! :D I really appreciate it.

Oh, it's good to hear that the lightsaberhilt looks like it could be comfortably to hold. I've noticed that that is one of the hard things when designing lightsaber/swordhilt. Hmm, haven't heard about Barabels before, what are those? I just get a inner image of a mix between a rodian and the Predator that looks kind of funny...

Hehe, details, a gift and curse =P. I've noticed that I've often have a hard time if I try to not draw a lot of details, I just end up with them anyway. But that's better than the other way around I suppose.

"Mufasa's Death made me all teary! I blubbered like a baby at this part in the movie, lol! You've perfectly replicated the Disney style here--wonderful work! Are you going to color this one? Just curious."

Thanks! [:D] I also get a bit teary at that part in the movie, and that's rare... Yeah, I'm planning on coloring it. Sometime...

Thanks a lot for liking the dolphin :). Haha, yes, I think you and my girlfriend would like each other (she loves Starwars and drawing too...). As for the wet look: kneaded erasers sure are marvellous beings... :D I based that dolphin-drawing on this image btw: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Boris_vallejo_ecco.jpg which is the coverart for the old SEGA-game Ecco the Dolphin if you've heard about it.

Thanks a million for droping by and for all the comments, FF.

And I decided to post two non-SW drawings that I've done this week:

A remake of the cyborg I posted waaay back: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43379284/

And a Succubus, but I'm not that satisfied with it so some creative critiscm is welcome: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43543558/

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooooo, fantasy creatures! :D

The succubus gives me shivers: she has an almost clown-painted face, which to me seems somehow appropriate in a way... And I totally agree with liking that pose: the cocked hip and dropped shoulder give her a very cat-like grace (which is similar, I'm assuming, to the figure you used as a reference for her...?); the environment she's standing in also gives me chills--it sort of harkens to the underworld, or Dante's description of Hell, or something like that...eeesh! The texturing on her arms and legs is both interesting and sort of gruesome--this is a great image (and I would not want to be the man she has her sights on, lol!)! Your "cyborg remake" is wonderful: the lighting here is awesome, with the deep contrasts and dark shadows--it emphasizes the deadliness of this thing (as do the bones scattered around it!). This is also a great view of it, from above and to the side--excellent perspective, which is cohesive throughout the image (but then, you're really good at that! ;) ). A very interesting creature--and you know? This thing could be General Grievous' pet! lol!

Great stuff,Fenrisulven!

FF

3. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    This's some nice work on creatures. The cyborg reminds me of a smaller version of a dracolich; it's cute when it's playing but when it's hungry...

The succubus looks like she just finished her meal of some unwitting victim. Those wicked horns you gave her are a good demonic touch.

It's always nice to see how others envision succubusesses. Good job!

4. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    FalconFan: Hey there FF, welcome back! And thanks for the comments again. :D

Hmm, never thought about the face looking clown-painted. I was thinking about the cheshire-cat from Alice in Wonderland when drawing the face with that grotesque grin. Now the clown-painted-thing is an idea worth developing; clowns can be so very creepy... [face_worried]

Thanks again :). Funny you should say that about the cyborg being Grievous' pet since its actually very inspired from our dear Grievous. In the first drawing its hands/paws are almost the exact same as Grievous' hands. Oooh, it would be so fun to see Obi-Wan fighting four of these things :D (I still haven't come up with a good name for it *sigh*)

Vandalier: Hi there, thanks a lot for the comments :). The cyborg reminds you of a dracolich? Interesting... -shudders at the memory of running into a dracolich when playing neverwinter nights- That was a rather traumatic experience [face_hypnotized]

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice job on all of your recent pics. I especially like the shadowing on your dolphin. It is hard to make a creature look wet.

AG88

6. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Thanks a lot AG88 :) Heh, I noticed too the difficulties in making a creature look wet, took some time before I got it right.

And a small update. I'm finished with the coloring of the Mufasas' Death-drawing. Here it is: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43790379/

7. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I didn't see that movie, but that scene looks heartbreaking. Great job!

AG88

8. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Thanks again :D You've never seen the Lionking? Since I, and most of my friends, grew up with it that's a rather unfamiliar thought, lol. It's really a surprisingly good movie; for being Disney I guess I have to add.

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :_|

WAAAHHH!! All over again! ;) This looks wonderful once again, Fenrisulven--beautiful job on the coloring and shading--it looks just like a cel from the actual film! =D= Just beautiful!

FF

10. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Ah, well I think I was living in Europe at the time. Besides I didn't have children until 1999 so I really didn't have any reason to see a children's movie. But my boys are changing all that. I unfortunately know more about Pokemon, Avatar and other annoying cartoons than I ever wanted to know. [face_worried]

:p

Very nice drawing.

AG88

11. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Falconfan: :) Thanks a lot.

AG88: Lol, I recognize the concept of annoying cartoons. Worst was the day I had to watch a entire pokemon-movie with my girlfriend's younger brother. That was more pokemon than I could stand in one day.

12. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Woho! Update!

I finally made the Jawa Java-drawing that I mentioned in Jedi Jawa. Here it is: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45445558/

And about two weeks ago I made this drawing of myself day dreaming during a lecture: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44655110/

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_dancing][face_dancing]

We have "Jawa Java!!" [face_dancing] [face_coffee] :p

I love it--just love it! It is so what we'd see in any coffee shop we visited: all the drinks and blends available (and that little Jawa, drinking coffee...can you imagine a caffienated Jawa!? LOL!! That's something that would be too funny!)--perfect! Great work! And how cool is your self-portrait?! =D= There's so much detailing I'm going to have to save it and study it for a while, lol! What a great piece--imaginative, creative and populated with creatures and items we all recognize! I know how that is, that "zoning" in a lecture--but I never got this creative! Awesome--very very cool!

FF

14. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Jawa Java is really giving me a chuckle, and I love the self portrait! [face_laugh] I know exactly how that feels! I love how you've done the face - very expressive. ;)

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Love the Jawa and esp your self-portrait! It shows phantastically that we are in another world while daydreaming. =D=

Great pics! =D=

16. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    FalconFan: Hey there and thanks yet again :) It was nice to see you on dA. Hope you'll have fun there. Caffienated Jawa? Now that's an idea... [face_laugh]

rocketscientist: Thanks :D

Chilla: Thank you :) . Yeah, it's almost a bit creepy sometimes how much you forget about everything...

And here's a non-SW update. Maybe someone remembers my old drawing called 'we're so dead'. Here's an update on how the golems could look like: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45759323/

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Kewl!! :cool:

I really like this one--sort of mechanical "undead" thing! I can see some suggestions of Grievous' form here, but that metal leg and all that attached weaponry are totally unique. I'd sure hate to have to battle something like this, ala "We're so dead!" Great job! =D= I see "monster concept design" in your future! ;) :D

FF

18. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Can I order a Tall Jawa Java Original, With two Wookie Cookies on the side?

[face_laugh] I love it. scecially since I work at a coffe shope. My two favorite things merge together.

19. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Oh my, I missed that people had replied here. Sorry [face_blush]

FalconFan: Monster concept designer.... now that's what I call a dream job... Thanks for liking it. Interesting what you said about Grievous, how you get inspired without thinking about it.

theOnlyJediPrincess: Hehe, thanks. Wookie Cookies... now why didn't I think of that? [face_laugh]

And now I've finished the new version of the '...so dead'-drawing. Here it is: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46508131/

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool! I just love the detailing in this piece (you seem to have a gift for that, you know!)--it took me a while, but I found that little "jack-o-lantern face" in the shoulder-piece of the golem on the right side of the frame! Hee! The uniqueness of each of these monsters is very cool: their different weapons, helmets and armoring pieces give them that sort of chaotic, nightmare feel that I believe you were going for here. And those poor people in the middle...yeah: they're dead, alright! [face_laugh] Great work, Fenrisulven!

FF

21. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Thanks again, FF :D Heh, I tried to make as much details as possible for this one since I felt that most of my latest drawings had been a bit too rushed. Yeah, chaotic was exactly the feel I was going for. Thanks again!

22. Fenrisulven

Nov 18, 2004
    Hello again people. After over two months I've drawn some Starwars again! This time Boba Fett, taking a break from bounty hunting and having some time for himself: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50341148/

That's all when it comes to starwars.

As for what I've been up to during this two months SW-break: I experimented a bit with watercolors two weeks ago and ended up with this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49359296/

I also made this drawing of Kakashi from the anime Naruto: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48073925/?qo=4&q=by%3Adrak-joen&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

...and finally I practiced drawing some clothes: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48864496/?qo=3&q=by%3Adrak-joen&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I really like the "Boba Relaxing" piece! It reminds me of another artist's piece (Darth Kuk, I think)--of a clone trooper resting--it's really sort of fun to picture these guys in repose for a change; weapons down, relatively tranquil. You've done a wonderful job with the tree he's sitting in, too--lots of detail in the limbs and bark (and it looks like a tree I'd like to climb, too! :p ). And I got a laugh out of the Harry Potter book, too! Who knew...? ;) The watercolor is cool--I like the color choice, and sometimes hands can carry all sorts of meaning, depending on the viewer's mood. Are you just starting to work with watercolors...? They scare me to death! :eek:[face_worried] The Naruto piece is wonderful--I don't know the fandom, but there's a lot of art about it out there. The detailing in the eyes, mask and hair are terrific--and as to the ear... Anime always looks a bit "out of whack" to me, proportionally, anyway, so I actually think it looks just fine! ;) Great drapery on the clothing (although that gas mask had me thinking "serial killer" for some reason...that, and the hat... **shrug**)--the over-cape is especially well done. The layering of the pieces and the bulk and folding are very nice (**is jealous** :) )--most excellent shading on all the folds, too. I need to work on clothes some more, too...

I will wish you the best of luck with your forays into watercolors--I have seen some jaw-droppingly beautiful examples of how it can be used, and I hope you can find and employ the medium to your enjoyment and satisfaction! Great update (and I'll comment at dA when they get things up and running again!)!

FF

24. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    WOW LOL!!!!
    Now THAT is something I'd never thought I'd see! Boba Fett RELAXING??!!!! GREAT job!!!! He certainly looks lost in thought, imo, and resting. Its so awesome!!!!!

The watercolors turned out cool! kind of abstract, its very pretty! I like it :)
    The anime character captures the dangerous aura all of those characters seems to have. Great eyes, and I love how the hair is dropping over his face like that. Lovely!
    And the last one is absolutely stunning. Very good job capturing the wrinkles in the shirt, I think. Cool picture! The paintings he's staring at aren't loading... server must be down :p Thats great, very funny, and GJ!!!!! =D=

25. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    wow, so much lovely stuff to comment on :) I really love all of your boba fett sketches, the attention to detail in the one of him relaxing is great. I commented more on some of these on DA.
    I also really adore your General grievous 'close up' sketch, gah! =P~ The depth of shading in that was amazing and you captured the moment wonderfuly. I'm also really liking your PS rendering of mustafar, you got the glow effect down to a tee, *is insanely jealous* ;)
    Great work, looking forward to seeing some more from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.