main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fergie never learns does he?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GeneralGrievous1, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    As a Man Utd fan, I am furious with what happened today. Even after what happened with Exeter last year, Fergie goes and fields a weak side who were, to be honest, awful. We're out of Europe and out of the title race, so we should field our strongest side in the two competitions we can still win. Fergie has made United a laughing stock once again, and I have serious doubts he is the manager to take us forward.

On the other hand, well done Burton, their effort, commitment and stamina was brilliant, and now they have been rewarded with a tie at Old Trafford which will set them up financially for many years.

SORT IT OUT FERGIE!!!

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    That's Fergie for you. He'll play an inferior team in the FA Cup and Carling Cup, even though they're his best chances of winning a trophy this season, and rest his bigger players for the Premiership.

Even so, the second string should have been able to dominate Burton with all the players they had in that line-up.

3. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Yeah, I said exactly the same thing. He always puts out a really weak team when playing a weaker opposition and it always blows up there face. Especially with the FA Cup where anything can happen, you just don't do it. It's spitting in the other teams face for a start for not showing enough respect to put out a decent team, every stage of the FA Cup is important so you should try your hardest no matter who your playing. But like you said, Ferigie never learns.

Benitez certainly learnt his lesson against Burnley last year and put out his strongest team against Luton (with the exception of Carson) and that nearly went all wrong still.

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The team against Burton was (on paper) a lot stronger than the team against Exeter last year, and Burton are in a lower league than Exeter was. Before the match, I'd have said that he was playing a good mixture of experienced and inexperienced players. I'd never heard of Bardsley, but he was the only reason that Man Utd got a draw.

The problem was not that it was a weak side. The problem was that they just played really really badly.

But I expect that if you asked Burton if they'd rather have won that match and lost in the 4th round, or earned a replay at Old Trafford, they'd opt for the 2nd option

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Its not exactly a problem for United, they can just win at Old Trafford, and Burton get money and appear on TV again, so both sides get something good out of it

Problem solved :p

6. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    no he doesnt but...sunderland do!

3-0
    3-0
    3-0
    3-0

[face_peace] peace out

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA