main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Festival of Trees

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Capt_Piett, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    I had mentioned this at Sundays meeting. There are two threads you can check for this. R2-Detroit and the Midwest Garrison EZBoard.
    R2-Detroit
    Midwest Garrison

Contacts (these people know more than me):
    BlastyTrooper
    jaybone9
    TI1800

Anyway, as I mentioned at the meeting this is an event where we decorate a tree and it is auctioned off. All proceeds go to Childrens Hospital of Michigan. We have already had one planning meeting. The thread on the Midwest Garrison will get you to the notes of that meeting.

Anyway, this is a Star Wars fan event. Whatever you can contribute will be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Capt_Piett

2. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Last year this event was at the Henry Ford Convention Center in Dearborn. This year it will be at the NEW Novi Convention Center. The festival starts the day after Thanksgiving and goes for the entire next week. The tree will be decorated before sometime before Thanksgiving.

Last year we were allowed to costume for all the events: the black-tie reception[face_dancing] , the singles night[face_love] , and whenever we wanted during the open times to the public.

This is the single biggest charity event for Children's Hospital in Michigan. =D= The trees are amazing and I highly recommend attending this event- in costume or not. Seeing the beautifully decorated trees and the whole Christmas atmosphere gets you in the spirit a month before the holiday. [:D]

This year, our tree is strictly going to be Revenge of the Sith. We'll have all the major scenes represented with dioramas in the tree, Ani & Obi Unleashed towards the top, with a Vader helmet as the tree topper. The lights will have a volcanic look with orange, yellow, and red concentrated on the top with flows going down the tree.

Any one that wants to help decorate, donate ROTS toys, or costume let us know on either the 501st or R2-Detroit boards.

3. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Thanks for the update Blasty!!!

:)

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Yeah,thanks for the update.I am interested in this,but I can't really say for sure what I'll be able to do. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.