main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fete Week In the City- L/M mush- Fic Gift for Irish_Jedi_Jade!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Myriad_Daydreams, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Title: Fete Week in the CIty
    Author: Myriad Daydreams
    Timeframe: Four years after Union
    Characters: Luke and Mara [face_love]
    Genre: Mush, fluff, humor (hopefully)
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars
    A/N: This is written for the Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange I was lucky enough to get my wonderful e-cousin Irish_Jedi_Jade as the person I was required to write a fic for, and I couldn't be happier! Her evil plan has always been to get me to write happy, fluffity L/M stories, which I normally don't write.. and tada! I got her in the gift-exchange, and this is what she requested:

1) A character not knowing how to cook (or cooks badly)
    2) A dessert
    3) MUSHYNESS!
    Characters: Luke/Mara

Much thanks to my master divapilot for beta-ing! [:D] And also thanks goes out to Jade_eyes for something she said to me that sparked a plot bunny :D

Merry Christmas and Happy end of finals, Irish! Wub you!!!!!! [face_love] I hope everyone enjoys my little journey into the world of mush and humor!

[u]Fete Week in the City[/u]

Fete Week on Coruscant was a busy, bustling event, Luke observed. Streets were lined with decorations, and families of all species and sizes crowded the walkways. Colors of the season could be seen everywhere, accompanied by traditional music drifting out of warm shops and restaurants. All the people were cast with a cheerful atmosphere that was hard to resist.

?All that?s missing is a little bit of snow, don?t you think?? Mara whispered in his ear, as if continuing his thought. She most likely was. He only sighed in reply.

?What, a Tatooine farmboy can?t stand a little snow?? she teased, squeezing his arm playfully.

Memories of a certain Wampa attack and nearly dying in the barren ice world of Hoth flashed unpleasantly in his mind, and he murmured ?No, not quite.? Mara did not comment and instead took of one his hands in hers, intertwining them tightly.

They continued to stroll absentmindedly through the many streets and avenues of Coruscant for some time. While Mara gazed at the various store windows and decorations, Luke could not seem to take his eyes off Mara. Her hair was let down and long fiery waves tumbled over her shoulders. Her cheeks were rosy red, and her alabaster face reminded him of an angel.

Though Fete Week was normally a week filled with family, friends, and gift giving, Mara and Luke were spending the holiday alone. Han and Leia were off-planet. Jaina and Jacen were in the outer rim investigating an Imperial base, and Anakin was training on Yavin. Luke would have gladly visited his sister and brother-in-law, Han and Leia had insisted they celebrate on their own this year. It was difficult living in a galaxy-wide family.

Mara seemed determined to cheer him up, and she suggested a relaxing evening on the streets of Coruscant. Her suggestion surprised him, but he found it was more enjoyable than he originally thought.

Mara led Luke to a bench outside a small candy shop. Sitting down, Luke untangled their fingers and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. The cool, crisp air made his nose tingle, and he was grateful for her warmth beside him.

Oblivious to his thoughts only of her, Mara turned to look at him. ?Don?t you just love Coruscant this time of year??

?It?s beautiful,? he whispered, and their lips met in a tender kiss.

It was nearly an hour later before they meandered into a quaint café for a dessert. After breaking the news to a disheartened Bothan waitress that they would only be ordering hot chocolate and desserts, they settled into a small booth in the back corner.

For the most part they were silent as they casually sipped hot chocolate. The café was empty except for an old Gungan couple sipping wine and toasting galactic peace in loud tones. Even the cook of the restaurant sat in a chair, wiping hi

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yummy pie, yummier fic!!! SQUGGLES for Myriad--the extraordinary and amazing new Royal in the mush department. :) [face_love] :* [face_love] Irish is so gonna love this!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I guess 'mush' here stands for mushing pies in faces! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I like the idea of L/M having a holiday alone together. Great fic-gift! :D

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That was really great. I can't think of a better pie to have forced into my face. :D

Oh, and I loved the L/M mush. [face_love] To bad they were in public though. [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Luke set down his mug, and suddenly found his face shoved forcefully into his plate of peanut-butter-cream pie, without even a second?s warning. For a moment he was confused, before he felt his wife?s hysterical glee through their Force bond.

Slowly, he rose from the mess that was now his dessert, and glared as best he could. Whipped cream dripped from his nose and the tips of his hair. The peanut butter tickled his lips and cheeks. At that exact moment he had never felt so ridiculous.

The intensity of his glare was lost on Mara as she no longer fought to control her fits of laugher. Her giggles filled the entire café and tears streamed down her cheeks. Had he not been covered in whipped cream, Luke would have blushed bright red.

Luke stared down at the remnant of his dessert, then back at Mara laughing, her untouched sweet still intact on her plate. Before he could help it, a devious idea flashed across his mind.

Mara stopped laughing instantly. ?Skywalker, you wouldn?t dare??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

They're sooooo cute together! I enjoyed the silly sides of Luke and Mara. Especially Mara. ^^

6. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Awwwwwww!!!! [face_love] Myriad that was spentabular!!! How adorable!!!!

Girl...is there anything you can't do?! I think now...mush, angst, introspection....and now you actually convinced Mara to let Luke off the hook for smashing pie in her face!!! :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I think mush now has a new meaning!!!! LOL...oh my gosh girl, thank you!! That was positively beautiful. So happy and mushy, but yet I could see your unique and wonderful writing style through it all!! I'm a grinning pile of happiness now....:D and VERY in the Christmas Spirit!!!

I wonder where you got the idea for Chocolate Peanut Butter pie....[face_whistling] [face_thinking] Hmmm.....;)

SQUGGLES honey!! Thank you soooo much!! I feel soo blessed to have such an amazing and uber talented e-cousin!!!

[face_good_luck] Irish

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Ok, pardon me, I'm going to have to SQUEEEEE!!
    Oh, Myriad, that was so splendidly absolutely adorable!!![face_love] [face_love] I LOVED it!!! So cute![face_love][face_dancing]

Luke set down his mug, and suddenly found his face shoved forcefully into his plate of peanut-butter-cream pie, without even a second?s warning. For a moment he was confused, before he felt his wife?s hysterical glee through their Force bond.

Slowly, he rose from the mess that was now his dessert, and glared as best he could. Whipped cream dripped from his nose and the tips of his hair. The peanut butter tickled his lips and cheeks. At that exact moment he had never felt so ridiculous.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] =P~[face_blush][face_love]

What seemed like hours later, their laughter died down into content chuckles, and Luke decided he had enough whipped cream for one day. He reached for a handful of napkins, and heard his wife shriek.

?What?? he asked incredulously. Surely she did not want him to leave it there?

Mara?s grin grew wider yet. She reached out a single slender finger and traced a line down the bridge of his nose, then brought it to her lips, licking the cream off tantalizingly.

?We wouldn?t want this great dessert to go to waste, would we??

Luke could only laugh in reply.

[face_laugh] I loved this story!!! I could see everything happening so well! You have a splendid talent for "showing" the reader rather than telling. It all seemed so real!
    Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for writing this wonderful fic! SQUGGLES![:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lookie there Myriad. I've started something with the SQUGGLES!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] It's getting a good work out between you, ginchy lee and Irish!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

9. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    Thank you so much everyone! [:D]

Jade_eyes: Thanks! [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm nowhere near being a great mush writer! [face_laugh] And yes, SQUGGLES are brilliant [face_love]

ginchy: I didn't even think of that! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading :)

Alexis_Wingstar: Mmm I agree, the pie would be delicious =P~ And it is a shame they were in public [face_mischief] Thanks for stopping by!

Ceillean: LOL silly Luke and Mara are adorable [face_love] I'm glad you liked it! ;)

Irish_Jedi_Jade: Awwwww girl, thank you sooooooo much! [:D][:D]:* I'm so happy you liked it!!! :D Thank you so much for the lovely compliments, this silly little fic doesn't deserve all that! [face_blush] And yes, I figured after ranting about that pie to you for days, I figured I should throw it in there somewhere.. [face_laugh] I'm so blessed to have YOU as an e-cuz!

dancing_star: Thank you!!!! :D I really apprectiate your kind words and complients :) SQUGGLES right back at you :*

~Myriad

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Such a cute little story! I love the descriptions you use. It really puts me right in the scenes.

And you have given the word "mush" a new meaning!!! :D

11. Dana-Skywalker

Dana-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    ?We wouldn?t want this great dessert to go to waste, would we??

[face_laugh] Oh, Mara.

That was great! Uber mushy, sweet, and very L/M-ish! [face_love] A great fic for the holidays! Nice job! :D

12. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, very cute. I loved this. It's nice to see Luke and Mara enjoying some down time and, especially Mara, having fun and being comfortable enough to pull pranks in public. And using the Force to do so.

And thanks for the laugh. After fighting the spice aisle at work today, I needed a laugh.

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    That entire vignette made me want to start chanting "Que comes que comes" like they do at Spanish birthday parties before shoving your face into the birthday cake. I loved them just being relaxed and adorable and alone. :)

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was soooooo sweet!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved Luke and Mara being able to enjoy just being with each other for a change.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    Thanks again everyone for your warm words about this fun little fic [:D]

divapilot: Thank you! :) I'll never look at pie without thinking of mush ever again... :p

Dana-Skywalker: Thanks so much! :D I'm glad my little holiday fic was enjoyable

J_M_Bulldog: It is enjoyable to see Luke & Mara pull pranks, isn't it [face_devil] LOL I'm glad I could give you a laugh

DarthIshtar: LOL, that sounds like a lot of fun! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading

KELIA: Thank you! [face_love] I'm glad you liked it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.