main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fett Star Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by VadersLaMent, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Star Wars: Boba Fett spin-off movie a possibility?

BE CAREFUL. I like the villain Fett more so than the anti-hero Fett unless of course he is as much of an anti-hero as say, Hannibal Lector.

SO. What should the timeline be? Should Fett finally escape the Sarlaac Pit on screen? I did NOT like the Fett trilogy in book form.

I say keep fett away from the core films, tell a story we know nothing about. Nothing from books or comics orfilms. Give us something cool and new.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Boba Fett definitely isn't my favorite character, but under the right direction he can be a pretty cool bounty hunter. I'd love to see a new Star Wars movie in theaters, and if it's going to focus on just one character it might as well be a fan favorite!

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Just make a TV show, for Christ's sake.

4. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I'm not sure about Fett but Lucas possibly letting other directors direct Star Wars films and the idea of "character spin offs" are both awesome.

5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Depends on the version of Fett he wants to portray.

Fett isn't particularly high up on my list of favorite characters, but I do think his limited OT depiction sparks interest, for sure.

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    This could be really cool, since Johnston designed Fett to begin with and the whole concept of this gets at the 1978 serial-with-different-directors concept. I do think a story almost entirely unrelated to the six-film saga would be a good idea.

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    If Boba Fett is supposed to have an active role in the TV series... whenever the heck it's supposed to come out. I could see them making a movie about him around the same time. They would help promote each other.

8. Pendulous_Dewlap

Pendulous_Dewlap Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2011
    No more Star Wars films. Enough damage has already been done.

9. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    More Star Wars films. No damage has been done.

10. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    QFT the second part. Not completely sure about the first part.

11. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    No. Most definitely no.

Boba Fett is a cool character however do we really need a movie about him? If they are going to make another movie I think it should complement the Saga-proper. Or if not something like that simply take the films off into either the far future of far past. Go 2,000 years after ROTJ or a few thousand years before TPM, and then do a trilogy on some intriguing event or plot. It needs to be mythological also. Heck I would be happy if they disregarded the EU and established a 'Origin of the Jedi and Sith' trilogy. Perhaps the epic war Lucas no doubt envisaged for the formation of the 'modern' Republic 1,000 years prior to the Saga itself.

12. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I would watch that.

13. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    A Boba Fett spin-off movie.

Smacks completely of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIK45-eUaHc

14. HoundsTooth

HoundsTooth Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2005
    i wouldnt mind seeing it if it did start with the Sarlaac escape. i dont think we need a teen angst Fett movie.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Bingo. I agree, no damage has been done (unless one counts the animated TCW film), but that does not mean I want more SW films. I tend to want them to leave it alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.