main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

fett suspicious of R2 in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthbronco, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbronco

darthbronco Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    watched jedi last night and noticed that fett clearly looks at R2 as the droid is leaving to get into position for the lightsaber launch. so does fett sense something may be up or am i reading too much into it? never noticed this before...

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I think Fett was one of the few in Jabba's group who was on his guard, wondering if the heroes were up to something. I think he was suspicious of Artoo, but probably couldn't fathom what role Artoo could possibly play in turning the tables.

3. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I don't know if Fett was suspicious of Artoo in RotJ, but he knew enough about Jedi, the Skywalker name prolly means something to him, so he was just alert in case something happened. C'mon, Luke did kill the rancor unarmed, and all his friends are right behind him. Remember, Chewie got turned in right before Luke's arrivial, the "bounty hunter" who brought in Chewie was an undercover operitive, and that Luke himself gave the droids to Jabba. Fett saw all this and it told him that something was up, and he'd better be prepared to go fight, and, if need be, run. He does seem to have a healthy amount of respect for Luke's powers (notice that after Luke gets free of Fett's cable that Fett backs off Luke).

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Fett was probably stepping back to get out of range of the lightsaber, not out of fear of Skywalker.

At any rate, he probably found it curious why a droid was jostling to get a good view on his masters death. That would be an interesting quirk in a droid.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe Fett did indeed regard Artoo with suspicion- which might explain why he was first to get up and out to the action once the stuff hit the fan.

6. MandalorianKid

MandalorianKid Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    Yeah he was one of the few on gaurd. i assume thats why they kept showing him in the palace every time anyone did anything. he's also the only one who didn't duck & cover when leia took out the detonator. Mabey he remembered little R2 rolling by him in the arena while he was holding jangos helmet???? :( yeah i know that is unlikely.

7. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    The 'gift' to Jabba was moving away from the dais and heading top-side.

I'd be suspicious too.

8. Darth_MSG

Darth_MSG Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2004
    Just watched ROTJ last night and I noticed it too. Good find darthbronco.

9. LASTJEDICHOSENONE

LASTJEDICHOSENONE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    I had noticed that long ago, too, and have always believed that Boba WAS suspicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.