main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC FettFan5150's Dream Come True

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by eddie-wan-kenobi, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Scroll down towards the end of this article to see what I mean.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-06-12-afi-star-wars_x.htm

2. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Sweet! I'd love to see Daniel in that!

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Cool. But this is what really caught my eye:

Spielberg said writer Jeff Nathanson (Speed 2, Rush Hour 2 and 3) is readying a script for Indiana Jones 4 by summer's end.

Bloody hell! This is a Spielberg-Lucas project, and you're telling me that the best script writer they can find is that hack? And I had such high hopes.

4. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I've heard a rumor a while back that Tion Meddon may possibly be part of this, but I think Tion's story will most likely be told in the comics.

Of course, there were also rumors that Aayla's death would not be shown & that she was to be part of the series. Maybe that's why Shaak Ti's part was cut? Probably not. Besides, her (Shaak Ti) death MUST be on the DVD - such a creepy image!!

5. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    There's a picture out of her death?

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    They actually filmed two death scenes for Shaak-Ti, jkg. I won't post descriptions as I know you like to be surprised. If you don't mind knowing details let me know and either Joe or I can post them.

7. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    I would love to see a young Boba Fett in the TV series.

As far as Aayla goes, Amy Allen swore her character was supposed to be in the TV series. There has been two explinations that Cassie and I have found, take them for what they are worth:

1) Twi'lek anatomy is different from human anatomy. Where they were shooting her was about where the kidneys of a human would be, but since her anatomy is different, she didn't have such a vital organ there and was able to go into a Jedi stasis (kind of like Luke in Heir to the Empire, if you ever read that) until she was found and was able to be healed. People seem to believe this because of the beating she survived from Grievous in the Clone Wars series.

2) There is some piece of EU literature that insinuates that Aayla and the captain of her clone trooper unit had some kind of romantic relationship and that he had known about "Order 66" and had his unit set their blasters for stun, rather than kill and did everything to make it look good and make everyone think she was dead, when she was only stunned and in one of those trances.

Like I said, take them for what they are worth.

8. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    The movie is out now, so nothing is a spoiler anymore as far as I'm concerned, so hook me up!

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    They originally had her being held captive on the Invisible Hand. When Obi-Wan and Anakin are going down a corridor, they encounter Shaak-Ti, Grievous and some droids. Grievous is standing behind Shaak-Ti, some dialogue is exchanged and Grievous stabs her in the back with a lightsaber.

They went back and reshot her in the Temple meditating. Anikan comes up behind her and kills her. I initially liked that idea, but the more I thought about it the more it doesnt really make sense. Why would she just sit there and let him kill her while meditating? Surely she can feel some kind of disturbance in the Force that would warn her that something was amiss.

10. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D :D :D

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    eddie-wan, "The dark side clouds everything."

And Lady Vader, it was the "Anakin sneaking up behind her while she's meditating" stuff I mentioned.

12. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I know a Clone commander took to looking after her when they were the only survivors at one point in the comic, but I did see her lock lips with Kit Fisto in the comics.

13. Sunafar

Sunafar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    Funny, I thought FettFans dream come true would be like...flying Slave I with Van Halen.

14. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    LOL! Sunafar!!! I can see that. :D

15. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I though Kit Fisto smootched with Aayla Secura in the comics? Or maybe he is just the Mack daddy and smooched them both.

Both deaths seem a little lame for Shaak Ti....

16. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Hmmm... being destroyed by the Chosen One - destined to be the most powerful force user ever.... that's lame?

17. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Maybe not being killed by Anakin, but just sitting there and letting him do it without putting up a fight, yeah thats kinda lame. Especially for a Jedi as powerful and cunning as Shaak-Ti. Besides, why would she just be meditating while the Temple is under attack? Not trying to argue, just asking.

18. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    That's why it's called "sneaking up". The dark side clouds everything, Yoda said. He was right (about that - and wrong about so much).

She was in deep meditation about what was happening about the galaxy, sensing her comrades' deaths so much that she ignored the danger (to her) at hand.

I know it's not "official", but even Dark Horse (when they first started publishing SW comics) mentioned in "Tales of the Jedi" (either a column or letters page) that even Jedi can be distracted & harmed while they are distracted.

19. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    That makes sense.

20. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry, it was a nutty day, and I didnt specify what I meant as to whom Kit was smooching on.... I was referring to TrueRevanites post about Aayla coming back, and a clone trooper being in "love" with her, not the Shaak Ti thingie.... sorry to muddy the water there. :D

21. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I don't go to movies to see jedi just stand there and get shot or stabbed in the back (aayla), I go to see fighting and action! Anakin and the clonetroopers can still kill them all, but at least make it look cool.

22. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Pablo Hidalgo is now doing post-movie set diaries for Hyperspace members. The first one addresses Shaak-Ti's death and why it was cut from the film. Apparantly, GL had the same problems as I do about her just sitting there while the Temple is being raided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.