main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fett's Drabbles ("The Hammer of the Force" added October 30)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Drabbo_Fett, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Oh lovely. I finally managed to read all these. [face_laugh] I couldn't possibly pick a favorite though. I'd be sitting here for ages just to thin it down to my favorite n-1 (where n is the number of drabbles)

=D=

I will keep checking back for more as time goes on.

KD

2. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    Thanks, SP, LE, KA, and KD! :D

3. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Title: Self-Defenestration for Dummies
    Timeframe: AotC (AU)
    Focus: Obi-Wan, Anakin

Obi-Wan saw the remote hovering beyond the window, and he knew what he had to do. With a great leap, he burst through the transparisteel and floated briefly over the city before wrapping his hands over the device.

He was quite surprised, though, when the pieces he held broke off. As he plummeted, he began to mutter, "That cheap piece of..."

Anakin leaped into the hottest airspeeder in the hangar and reached for the controls, but stopped when he saw what was stretched across them. "The Club?"

After several minutes' consideration, Obi-Wan made "My padawan's an idiot!" his final thought.

4. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    LMAO Drabbo!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh geez. That's just.. [face_laugh]

6. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
  7. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    LOL Oh heavens. A bit unfair on the lad though eh? He's not the one who jumped out a window a zillion stories up. Congrats on making me feel sympathy for Ani there. [face_laugh] I'd love to know the other thoughts that were up for consideration as Obi-Wan's last...

KD

8. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Title: Watch It Wiggle
    Timeframe: inter-Trilogy
    Focus: Ben

Ben sat on the rocky ground outside his hut and watched the yellow sand slowly turn pink; tonight would be a rare double sunset. As the red started to deepen, he felt a rippling, unfocused disturbance in the Force. In the distance, animals howled uneasily. Within moments, he understood the reason; while the tremors themselves were weak, they would reverberate among the cracked plates under the wastes for hours, kicking up the sand.

Still, he knew, there was no real danger. Unconcerned but curious, he sat back and watched the jiggling, cherry desert until night came and turned it black.

9. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    LOL! Proof that you've spent too much time among the crazies.

These are really quite funny.

10. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    LMAO Off! Loved that one Drabbo!

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You're a lunatic and I love it. :D These last two were just great, Drabbo. So very glad we could all inspire you. ;)

Shaindl

12. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Oh, I was going for heartwarming and sentimental. :_| 8-}

Opal, I was never that upset about not being voted prom queen. [face_mischief]

EDIT: I resent being called nuts, Shaindl. I've been seeing a wonderful therapist for three years now. Okay, he's a pot of begonias, but he's really helped me. :p

EDIT Deux: And, of course, thanks. [face_blush]

EDIT Trois: I'd love to know the other thoughts that were up for consideration as Obi-Wan's last.

Most involved Coruscant Cup soccer. Apparently, he was a big Jed U fan. :) And it goes without saying that one was about you.

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    [face_plain]

[face_frustrated]

:D

Hilarious work. ;)

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Impressive, most impressive. You make these looksdarn easy... all were wonderful, but my faves were the Columbo one (grew up on him) and 'Self-Defenestration for Dummies', those were hilarious!

15. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Thank you, LE and HL. :)

16. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    You make these look darn easy...

Ah, shucks. [face_blush] HL, do you think it would be okay if I started a drabble challenge on the Resource board?

17. mad4dos

mad4dos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    brilliant :)

so many drabbles all to them brilliant :)

mad4dos

18. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Thank you. For now I think I'd better lock this, so people don't mistake it for the challenge response thread.

19. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Here are some of the challenge drabbles I did a few months back.

Title: In Broad Daylight
    Timeframe: pre-RotS
    Focus: Mace
    Date: February 17, 2005

Mace didn't even blink as the assassin dropped onto his speeder's hood. He turned it into a steep dive, but she just stood there.

"Magnetic boots," she drawled, drawing her blaster.

"You don't want to do that," Mace whispered.

"Yeah," she said, "I do. Time to die, Jedi."

Mace rolled the speeder out of its dive. "I know." He veered toward a nearby tunnel and entered it high, its ceiling mere inches above his head. Of the assassin, only those ugly, rusted boots remained.

Mace stared at them and swore. This was definitely going to ruin his new paint job.

[hr]

Title: The Frozen Wastes
    Timeframe: ESB
    Focus: Luke, Crossover
    Date: February 17, 2005

Luke could feel his strength draining as he pulled himself across the snow. He was barely conscious when he saw the shadowy form.

"Bob, get over here!"

A second shape joined the first. "Hey, Doug, what's he doing there, eh?"

"I think he's dead, eh," Doug said.

"No, you hoser. His eyes are still moving."

"You're the hoser, eh! That's electronical impulses or something," Doug explained. "Like when you ran over that dog with your snowmobile, and its leg kept twitching, eh?"

"Oh yeah, that reminds me, eh!" Bob said. "We gotta get home. They got curling on TV tonight."

[hr]

Title: Rude Awakening
    Timeframe: post-Saga
    Focus: Han, Leia
    Date: February 20, 2005

"I ever tell you how beautiful you look in the morning?" Han asked. He leaned over to kiss Leia but stopped when he felt something between them under the covers. "We have company," he said, laughing.

He stopped laughing when he saw the blood. Leia leaped from the bed as Han yanked the covers away. When he saw the blank eyes and matted fur, he screamed, "Chewie! Chewie!"

Within seconds, the Wookiee stood in the doorway. "We told you," Han shouted, "to leave Fey'lya alone, didn't we? Don't give me that look, mister! You put his head in our bed!"

[hr]

Title: The Boss's Daughter
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Focus: Gungans
    Date: February 23, 2005

It took Captain Binks longer to find the bongo than he'd expected; it was near a cliff far from where kids usually went. He tapped his light against the window.

"Oh, look," Nyss said in that affected accent that made her sound almost human, "it's Captain Puppet."

"Yousa father is..."

"My father," she interrupted, "is wasting army resources sending you after me."

"Yousa should be grateful he cares," Binks said.

"About his reputation, you mean."

Binks aimed his light at the bongo's interior, wondering what male would be so idiotic as to mess with Nass's daughter. "Jar Jar?"

"Hi, dad."

[hr]

Title: Resource Acquisition
    Timeframe: pre-TPM
    Focus: Xanatos, Crossover
    Date: April 8, 2005

Xanatos cackled as the information came in over the holonet. Jinn and that new pup were on their way. He flipped on his comm. "Mevro, is the quad laser ready?"

"Umm, sir," the henchman stammered, "it kind of, well, exploded."

"What?"

Xanatos watched as the wooden crate was lowered into position. The sides dropped away, revealing the replacement weapon.

He ran his hands over the controls, pausing occasionally to pick out the bits of matted brown fur. They weren't always the cleanest, but Acme couldn't be beat when a villain needed a replacement quad laser, slightly used, in a hurry.

20. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Title: Sixty-Six Candles
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Focus: Order 66 Challenge

The Jedi looked down his bill at the clone captain. "I could murder a curry."

"It will be done, M'Lord." The captain sent a trooper to fetch some takeout.

"It's pronounced M'Lard," the Jedi huffed. "I mean how long have we worked together?"

"Of course, sir."

M'Lard trained his macrobinoculars on the bluffs above them. "Never mind; I have a new plan I want you to execute. Order sixty-six men to take that ridge over..."

He felt a disturbance in the Force and looked around. Every trooper in the valley was staring at him, weapons raised and aimed. "Oh, quack."

21. Birdy

Birdy Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    LMAO!

22. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *dies* [face_laugh] You are so creative. :D

23. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Thanks, both of you. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Oh, now I suppose I'm going to have to be the one to clean up Obaona's body. Why do people always come to my thread to die? Okay, I'll go get the quicklime and a hose. I'm so glad I never put down carpet. :p

EDIT: What am I saying? I put down carpet frequently. "That is some ugly carpet." See?

24. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    That's the problem with the galaxy these days, no one knows how to communicate properly. :p

25. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    It's not that, really. It's just that every once in a while, you need to be particularly careful how you phrase things. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.