main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fett's flirting ruins the character

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by rsterling78, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave_0

Slave_0 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2003
    All it really was, was a chin tap anyway so I can't say it would put a big dent in his character. Now if he'd had been backing her into a corner and gropping her or something then yes it reeealy screw up his image! The chin tap was kinda like saying "What's up, chick. Bye."

2. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    rsterling78,

I agree. Lucas ruined the character by turning him into a stand-out. He did the same thing in ANH when he had Boba look at the CAMERA! What a joke. Lucas has become a joke. Why not insert new CGI footage of Luke flirting with the dancers? It would ruin his character? Not if Lucas did it. People would lap it up. It's sick IMHO.

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    i like the way boba flirted in the movie. it showed that even the most vile of gangsters knew how to live a little.

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Lucas has become a joke. Why not insert new CGI footage of Luke flirting with the dancers? It would ruin his character? Not if Lucas did it. People would lap it up. It's sick IMHO.

I enjoyed seeing Boba flirt with the dancer (see my post on the first page) and I resent being told that I 'lap up' whatever Lucas does. I have mentioned on this forum more than once that I do not like one of the SE changes, nor some of the creative decisions in the SW saga (PT AND OT).

I will accept your apology now. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I'd apologise if I said "Adam Bertocci would lap it up". I said "people would lap it up". If you are not one of these people then you shouldn't take offense.

6. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Dude, Boba flirts...

What do you think all the money he earns is for?

A cuisinart?

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, I like that scene too, what ruined Fett (boba) was making him a clone.

I hear ya!

Have a nice day//TCF

8. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    It's interesting that Jango wanted a son but had no wife or other consort. To me, this reinforces the idea that Fett would have neither desire nor need for a woman.

Well according to the young Boba Fett books, he always wanted a mom when he was a kid. But that's just EU, which really has no affect on the movies.

9. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    If George Lucas is a joke, why don't you leave and not post on message boards featuring his movies?

10. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    how can the flirting ruin the character when we really don't have any indication about boba fetts personality to begin with? for all we know whenever he's not hunting a bounty he's picking up girls left and right. boba has so little screen time in the OT that i think people get caught up in the mythology of the character that was set up in the EU. sure in the EU boba is very one track minded and would never have a casual relation of that sort. he's all business. but when you talk about the movie universe and GL's vision it's a whole new ball game.

think about this. why would jango want a son? obviously hunting prey was not the only thing on his mind. he had wants and desires. having a son being one of them. he obviously wanted a life outside his job. being that boba is a genetic reproduction of jango doesn't it serve to reason that boba also has thoughts of a life outside his job? instead of raising a son however perhaps he just wants some casual relations with a female or two.

why does it ruin the character to see that he's only human?

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The flirting scene increased Fett's cool factor for me.

12. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    +1

(Asked to bump it)

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Why did this thread need to be bumped? Don't we have enough pointless "the SEs suck" threads?

Boba Fett had no character in the OT. He some dude with cool armor, and a really cool ship. Flirting actually improves his character since it actually gives him some.

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Agreed. Fett should have shown NO feelings whatsoever.

Also, the whole Jedi Rocks addition ruined the Jabba scenes, in my opinion.

I've always liked ROTJ the least, due to it's Disney-like feel. Too many creature/characters, too silly in spots.

15. seventyard

seventyard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    i don't know if "flirting" is exactly the right word. he's obviously talking to the girl, then does that chin thing as if to say, "you're a sweet kid, but i've got to get back to work," while they look after him longingly has he walks away. one of the reasons i like fett is that he doesn't seem to let pleasure get in the way of business, and that's exactly what happens here ? i agree with the folks saying it?s one of the less intrusive character changes in the special editions. sadly it happens in the middle of the worst changes ? that ridiculous song.

I've always liked ROTJ the least, due to it's Disney-like feel. Too many creature/characters, too silly in spots.
    "all jedi had was a bunch of muppets..." - dante

Cheers, Moff Jawa.

16. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Boba: "Hey baby, you want some o' dis?"

Dancer: "Uh, well, let's just say I've been with a few clonetroopers and.... well.... how do I put this nicely? You guys aren't that well 'equipped.' And since I've seen one of you..."

Boba: "Damn it! Jango ruined it for all of us! Why couldn't our template be Long Don Silver?"

17. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    "yeah but can the clonetroopers move like this...."

"hey babe, you thats not a rocket on my back if you know what i mean...."

18. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    I'd apologise if I said "Adam Bertocci would lap it up". I said "people would lap it up". If you are not one of these people then you shouldn't take offense.

I'm a people and I'm insulted.

I love it. GL puts more Boba in the OT to make all the Fett fanboys happy and some of them still complain. Typical.

19. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Fett's flirting ruins the character

I think the was the PT's job.

CLone

20. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I don't think it did. I remember reading, I think it was in an issue of 'Insider', about why people think Fett is so cool. One reason was 'the girls love how mysterious he is. Chicks always dig the ship and the armor.' Acknowledgement of that statement maybe?

21. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Amen brother!!!, I have to agree that having Boba Fett in that scene is utter crap. Including the SE shot where it looks as if he walks across Jabbas thrown. Garbage, I tell you. Pure garbage.

I don't disagree that Boba is into women, it is good to see that he likes them more than his father Jango did. But it was moronic to see him hitting on women instead of going after bounties. Correct me if I am wrong (and I rarely am) but since Boba Fett is a Bounty Hunter shouldn't he be going after bounties?

We can all agree that he would have been more effective showing off mad skillz to show that he in fact is a "bad ass" and not a presumed "bad ass."

One of the biggest letdowns in RotJ was Boba being nothing more than a dude in a cool suit and ending up as sarlac food.

Jango was a better Bounty Hunter and a better shot than Boba would ever be.

22. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Amen brother!!!, I have to agree that having Boba Fett in that scene is utter crap. Including the SE shot where it looks as if he walks across Jabbas thrown. Garbage, I tell you. Pure garbage.

I will agree to that.

The flirting never really got to me.

23. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Why did this thread need to be bumped? Don't we have enough pointless "the SEs suck" threads?

I was asked to bump it, it'd been locked due to inactivity and as such bumped. Did I read the thread prior to bumping it? Not at all. That required effort. Thats why this thread is here. I unlock threads that had been locked due to inactivity if asked. I was asked and here it is.

24. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Freud;

"Thes es vary intaresting herr Fett. Conceived by your other 'self' by means of self stimmulation vile regarding pooornogwaphic materials at thes fertillatie klinic on kamino indicates a strong desire to posses the mother you neva had."

Fett;

"You really think so Doctor?"

Freud;

"Ja! Seir gutten! Your attempts at self-anahalitaion in the Sarlacc pitten clearly shows a desire to be reborn properly by a 'willing-woom'."

Fett;

"I don't know-"

Freud;

"Here! We will ahtempt visual-stimulation. Take a look at these pictures of the Sarlacc. Tell me what you see?"

Fett; *reaching towards picutres*

"Mommy! Mommy!..."

25. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    It is kind of funny to think about. I could be the ugliest dude in the galaxy under this mask, but hey, look at this badass helmet ladies, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.