main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fett's multiple escapes from the Sarlacc is refrenced in insider;

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Valiento, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Fett's Escape from the sarlacc...he's done it more than once..."
    -Insider 77.

This is yet one more time that Jawas of Doom's account of Boba Fett's multiple escapes from the Sarlacc was supported, besides a side refrence on starwars.com, and a quote in galaxy magazine.

"It turns out he didn't die in the Sarlacc Pit--he was regurgitated and developed amnesia. Fett encounters Solo a second time in a runaway sand crawler that plunges into the sarlacc pit again. Once more he's found indigestable. When the brothers of Jabba put a bounty on Han and Leia, Boba's the guy to track it down with is old pal dengar."
    -galaxy magazine #6

"A dyspeptic Sarlacc regurgitates the hunter onto the desert sands. Fett, stunned and suffering amnesia, stumbles across Solo once again. The tale ends with Fett tumbling into the Sarlacc again, though it was definitely not his last appearance."
    -starwars.com

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    "Fett's Escape from the sarlacc...he's done it more than once..."

Can they be any more vague? :p

3. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Don't Tales of the Bounty Hunters and the Mandalorian Armor conflict?

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually BHW ties directly into Tales of the bounty hunter's stories. It takes place nearly directly after, and includes more scenes with Manaroo, the character from TOTBH dengar story. Which is to say that both are set a few weeks before the battle of Endor (the movie takes places over the course of a few weeks, actually). BHW works its way into the timeframe of the battle of Endor in the last book.

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Reading BHW was like watching a tennis match. Back and forth between eras....aaahhh!

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, the "now" era is during ROTJ.

The then era is around ANH.

7. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Reading BHW was like watching a tennis match. Back and forth between eras....aaahhh!

I usually read the then eras after watching ANH and the now after watching RotJ. But that's during my chronological rereads. But the first time I read it (the only time as written) I didn't mind it.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> This is yet one more time that Jawas of Doom's account of Boba Fett's multiple escapes from the Sarlacc was supported<<

[meatwad]Damnit[/meatwad]

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "A dyspeptic Sarlacc regurgitates the hunter onto the desert sands. Fett, stunned and suffering amnesia, stumbles across Solo once again. The tale ends with Fett tumbling into the Sarlacc again, though it was definitely not his last appearance."

[face_laugh] That's ******* hilarious!

10. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Aw....man!

Whey can't we just use the rule: "Good fiction = canon; tripe = gossip".

This would of course be using my tastes as the standard.

Don't be quotin' Lucas here; it's all fiction, 'cept for what I beleive in my head. So there.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually the particular marvel story is actually quite good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.