main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FEUDAL SPACE The Medieval aspect of Starwars.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Keeper_of_Swords, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

(This story is divided into sections which can be understood individually and the first section is all in the first post if you want to read just that.)

Feudal Space

In a dark era we live. The Sith Wars rage on, these black-hearted warlords invading further into the core worlds. We have not been found yet, and continue to dwell in our secret underground chambers on lower Coruscant, venturing only at night to steal from Republic Nobles and Interstellar Merchants. Today I write about how, a long time ago, one of us Shadow Thieves got involved with the Jedi Knights in one of their quests to bring peace and order throughout the galaxy.

In a prison cell within the Jedi Temple, Wulfgar was thinking. It had been three days since he had been caught. The Jedi said that they had felt his presence by use of the Force, but he still felt gloomy about being captured. He was after all a Shadow Thief ? an expert in the art of stealing and a chief of stealth and escape.

Dusting her grey tunic from the filth of the underground confinement, Ceinwyn quickened her pace toward where Wulfgar was held and looked at him through the bars. ?I heard that you entered into Muspell, the Sith Fortress and came out alive, is this true?? she asked.

Wulfgar did not even bother to raise his head. Ceinwyn sighed. She had been sure that the thief would be difficult to handle.

?Alright,? the Jedi said. She opened the cell?s door and roughly pulled Wulfgar out, leading him down a corridor. She noticed him looking at the sewer system at the side of the corridor and immediately her lightsaber was out. She passed the green laser blade close to his face, towards his neck. ?One thought of fleeing? she threatened ?and you?ll find your head rolling on the floor.?

Feeling the weapon?s heat, Wulfgar slowly turned towards the black haired Jedi. ?If I wanted to escape? he said quietly with a tone of defiance, ?I would have done so long ago.?

Ceinwyn led him into a lift of the Ziggurat shaped main complex within the Jedi Temple, and after travelling into the upper part of the building, Wulfgar was taken before the Council. The Jedi were immersed in some kind of important conversation.

?It would be difficult getting into Muspel? a blue-skinned Aruzan Jedi said, ?It is very well guarded, clouded with villainy.? The other Jedi listened attentively. ?That place is cursed, embedded in mist and fear. I think we may have to come up with another plan,? the humanoid finished off.

?It is said that this person has been into Muspell,? Ceinwyn told Jedi Master Tyr, ?but he doesn?t seem to want to co-operate.?

Tyr, a Veknoid of great wisdom stood up. ?We understand your position? he started ?But we desperately need your help as a guide into Muspell. We will give you your freedom, I assure you, and pay you in Republic credits.?

Wulfgar looked at the long robed Jedi Master. ?Keep your money? he said ?I want the things you took from me before my imprisonment, and a lightsaber, the object which I came to rob.?

Tyr was downcast. There were strict orders that only Jedi could use such weapons, but he knew he had no choice. He nodded grimly to a nearby Padawan who left immediately and returned with Wulfgar?s items and a lightsaber.

The Thief smiled at the sight of the items. He wrapped himself into his long black hooded cloak and examined his bowcaster, ensuring that it still contained packets of explosive quarrels. Then he put his hooked rope within his belt and activated his blue laser lightsaber, switching it off again. ?Now,? he said, ?why do you wish to enter into Muspell??

?The Sith are brewing up a powerful poison that could destroy the lives of millions once it is in the atmosphere of worlds,? Tyr explained. ?We need our Jedi alchemist, Ceinwyn here, to get into the asteroid stronghold in order to neutralize the poison.?

Wulfgar looked at Ceinwyn. ?I usually work alone,? he told her.

?But I?m the only one who can detoxify the deadly venom? the Jedi insisted.

?Well? Wulfgar considered. ?A lightsaber is indeed a

2. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Good Job. I liked the fight sences. Are you going to write a sequel?

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The dialogue was great, the fight scenes well-thought-out and I really like Wulfgar. I want a sequel with these two! And this your first fanfic? Excuse me while I slit my wrists.

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    For someone who looks for the following characters in the story line:

Obiwan, Padme, Anakin, Sabe or anyother love interest of Obiwan's, and QG.

I admit that enjoyed this story. It had wonderful fighting scenes, dialogue and developemnt of the characters.

I would like to add you to my list of authors to keep track of their stories.

I will now use the force and compell you to write another story.

5. wise_as_yoda

wise_as_yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
  6. Count_Navillus

Count_Navillus Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2002
    Now that is a story. Please let us know of a second coming.

7. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    WOW! just WOW.

8. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Thank you all for reading my fan-fiction.

Glad you liked it.

I try to blend many ideas from Medieval sources and combine them with Starwars to make up my own storyline.

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Feudal Space 2

A black cloaked figure moved silently through the shadows of the night on lower Coruscant. In the sky above, clouds floated past the bright moon casting darkness upon the streets. No wind was about to drown out the sounds of a thief's mistake.

Wulfgar heard faint clamorous noises of little harmony coming from distant taverns as he strode on. But he kept away from these places and walked in unlit areas, passing through dark zones where only the occasional paced footsteps of a Republic night watchman disturbed the otherwise silent blackness.

The Shadow Thief headed for Senetor Umbor?s house. Umbor was known to be a corrupt senator, a rich man who cared little for the Republic. ?The Senator lives alone,? Wulfgar thought to himself, ?and lots of dark corners should make the stealing easy and painless.?

Slipping past a road, the Thief approached Senator Umbor?s house. He looked around to see that no one was by, and stealthily walked over to the metallic rusty door. Looking up, Wulfgar saw writing engraved on a stone arch above the door:

?Ye Shall Not Rob from the House that I Built. Or Commit any Theft or Unrighteousness. Lest ye be Struck Down into the Earth forthwith. And the Land of the Heathen Consume Thee.?

Wulfgar gave half a smile. They were useless words, meant to scare away common robbers. Not a skilled Shadow Thief.

Concealed in his long, hooded cloak, he crept around the house and activating his blue bladed lightsaber, he cut through the stone wall, loosening a large brick. He switched off his weapon and pushed the brick right into the room beyond. A hole appeared in the wall. Wulfgar turned quickly to make sure no one had seen his doings and slid rapidly into the opening, to steal from Senator Umbor?s dwelling.

So alone the Thief invaded, finding himself in a small empty room. Always unaided he worked for he trusted no one. Only once had he got into a Sith Stronghold with a woman. A beautiful maiden she was, with dark flowing hair and a clear smooth face. The light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night. And maybe she was the only person he ever respected. So as he looked at the doorway, Wulfgar thought of Ceinwyn the Jedi.

But many days had passed since he had seen her and she had probably forgotten him. Remembering her came unbidden and he felt an almost overwhelming sense of loneliness. Wulfgar leaned against the wall and the cold stone made him shiver, despite the warm night.

Suddenly he became conscience stricken for one of his leading beliefs was ?Trust is not an Option and Betrayal leads to Death.? So he shrugged off his feelings for Ceinwyn and concentrating on the robbery he was about to make, he slowly creaked the door open and walked into the darkness ahead, the shadows wrapping around him. He was one with the shadows. He needed no one.

The Thief entered into a narrow corridor. Many woven cloths were hung upon the walls dim with years, and the floor was paved with stones of many hues. Wulfgar made his way up a staircase, treading lightly, for despite his skill, a tiled floor had the irritating tendency to amplify sounds tenfold. He got to a bolted door and using a lockpick managed to get it open. He stepped into a room.

It was sparely furnished, having but a small table, two chairs and a bench. Looking around, the Thief saw an alcove in which two chests lay, on the opposite side of the wall. The Thief walked a few paces and opened one of them, in search of some valuable item. But to his surprise, he saw Sith lightsabers, their handles black and dark stored there.

Wulfgar had no idea that Senator Umbor made dealings with the Sith. Neither did he know that a Sith Lord was in the same building as he was and detecting the Thief?s presence by use of the Dark Side of the Force.

Nervously, Wulfgar closed the chest, and decided to leave immediately. But it was too late! Azog, the evil Sith Lord stood in the doorway and drawing his lightsaber from the belt beneath his black robes, the

10. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Whew that was a long one. Catches her breath. Terrific work.

11. genericjedi

genericjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 17, 2003
    Good job KOS.

Start concentrating on our Fisto story though. We can start when ever you ready.

12. genericjedi

genericjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 17, 2003
    great story though......sure was long, but was a goodie.

13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Poor Wulfgar. Trying so hard to keep her away and to tell himself he's a loner... Face it, guy, it's destiny!

Hope he practices a lot with those lightsabers, though; the balance will be VERY different from swords with solid blades and the weight (or lack thereof)in his hand will make a big difference in his swings. Could accidentally cut your own head off. :eek:

It was excellent, KoS. You might want to break up the next one and post in smaller chunks, though. Shorter text blocks are easier to read and digest, sometimes. :)

14. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

Once again, you've done an excellent job!

I liked the LotR type Sith demon. And the ending was bitter sweet.

Loved it.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I liked it better than the 1st half!

And, I wouldn't think that to be possible.

Great pacing.
    I felt like I was reading one of Dark Horse's original Tales of the Jedi issues...

Just good characterization and drive...

16. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Thank you so much for pointing me towards these stories Keeper_of_Swords. You're a superb writer. The pace of these stories is excellent, making them easy and enjoyable to read. There's never a moment when the narrative stumbles or loses its flow. And the action is written so well.

Plus Wulfgar is such a cool character. Quite the action hero ;)

Keep up the great work!

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Nice mix of elements, KoS. Keep up the good work. Thieves are such fun to write, aren't they?

I'm looking forward to reading more! (and I see I'm not alone).

*Derisa*

18. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Sorry that it took me so long to post. that was very good, can't wait to see more.

19. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    That's breathtaking KoS!!!!

Chants: we want more! we want more! we want more!

20. Eowyn_Elven_Jedi

Eowyn_Elven_Jedi Jedi Master

Oct 22, 2003
    I just finished reading the first story. What fun! I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D I'm looking forward to reading sequel now. :)

21. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks a lot people. I really appreciate it.

Again, I'd like to say that many ideas are not mine. I use fan-fiction to organise my thoughts about films and books which I like.

I will post FEUDAL SPACE 3 in shorter sections :

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    FEUDAL SPACE 3 (Part 1)

Ceinwyn was lost in a dark troubled dream as she lay bound, locked in a deep dungeon.

The feeling of death hung heavily in the air. It seemed that she heard her voice echoing in black tunnels, asking for help. But instead of help, she saw hideous faces of Evil Sith warriors grinning at her out of the shadows.

The Jedi woke, finding her wrists chained, and ankles tied with rope. She looked out weakly, through the bars of her cold, dark cell. The Jedi was manacled to an iron ring set into the wall. The manacles encircled her wrists, holding them behind her back, and were connected to the iron ring by a chain. She tested the ring, seeing if she could shift it or snap a link in the chain, but all she did was hurt her wrist.

Slowly, in Ceinwyn?s aching head, memory pieced itself together. She and other Jedi were chasing Space Pirates in their Star Galleon. Then, their ship had been attacked by a large War Vessel. The Sith attacked them. A battle had taken place in space, and many Jedi were killed. She had been taken captive and brought to the forest world of Garm, controlled completely by the Sith.

The Jedi was taken to the Castle of Garm, and held prisoner. Soon, she would be killed.

Misery and gloom shrouded around her.

A tear left her eyes as hope continued to fade away.

Dimly, the Jedi became aware of footsteps. The cell door was swung open, and the merciless claws of two Coway Sith were upon her. They unlocked the manacles, and dragged her through a dark, winding corridor which was lined with cells, each designed to hold a single occupant and were littered with skulls and reeking with the stench of death. These dungeons had been constructed long ago by a cruel and powerful warlord and inspired dread and despair.

They took the Jedi to a Torture chamber. A table with lots of sharp knives on it stood in the middle of the room. There were metallic rectangular boxes with rusty nails fitted in them lying against the left wall. Near the right wall there was a wooden wheel of torture with lots of blades sticking out of its sides.

The Jedi was flung between repulsorlift emmiters projected from the ceiling and the floor. One of the Sith guards activated them and Ceinwyn drifted upwards, and was held in mid air, rotating slowly. Blue light enshrouded the suspended prisoner and the field crackled and burst with energy.

The guards walked out, and Ceinwyn was left alone for some time waiting for the termination of her life, in that grim killing room. Then, wretched Sith soldiers entered the chamber. A small round table was dragged out from a corner. The blue energy field which held the Jedi was deactivated and Ceinwyn thudded to the stone floor.

There was no hope. Only death.

A Sith guard pulled her up, and dragging her weary body, flung her against the table and held her head against it. A door creaked open and an Executioner, clad in black, strode in. He carried a large vibro-axe, and his face was covered by a black cloth.

He walked over to the Jedi and raised his weapon to bring it down heavily through her neck.

23. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003

AHHH! NOOOOO!!!! :_|

24. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek:

Well that was a grim start.

Ahhh, where's Wulfgar when you need him!?!?!

Well, I gotta say that's definitely one of the most original starts to a fanfic I ever read - and I've read A LOT ;)

More soon please!!!

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Great. Very realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.