main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fever (JA humor) * Final Part 9th May*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Title: Fever
    Author: Jemmiah
    Timeframe: JA (Obi-Wan is 20)
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jemmiah Gleshan, Rela Quinn, Qui-Gon Jinn, Healer Leona P'Lila, An-Paj, Simeon Cates, Brak, Mrs Krabople and others.
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Illness, suffering, healers, infirmary...
    Summary: When Obi-Wan contracts what appears to be a deadly illness, things start to get out of hand...
    Notes: A repost of a two part snapshot.

* BEEP *

"Go away!" Jemmiah growled at the holoterminal. "I'm busy! Can't you see that?"

It was always the same, she reflected unhappily. Whenever she had somewhere she had to be in a rush, that would be the very second that she received a call. She actually hoped for a brief moment it would be someone trying to sell her something, like cheap windows or a new and revolutionary form of washing powder, so that she could pick a fight with them. Sith, she was ready to give them a screaming match if they wanted it?

//No. Ignore it.// She urged herself. //You're not obliged to answer it.//

* BEEP *

"Shove off!" Jemmy yelled, as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, hair all over the place, sweeping it away from her face with such a violent movement that she nearly scalped herself with hair-entangled fingers. "OWCH! Look what you made me do! How's a girl supposed to get ready to go out on the town with all these persistent interruptions? Gimme a break!"

* BEEP *

"I've only got?" she locked hastily down at her wrist chrono, "?three and a quarter hours to get ready, and that's cutting it fine! So do me a favor and just kriff off!"

Silence.

Jemmiah blinked, surprised.

"Huh!" She pulled an uncomplimentary face at the holo transmitter, feeling somewhat miffed that it had cut out without putting up a good fight. Tame competition indeed! "Well, you couldn't have wanted anything important, could you?"

A hasty brush at her hair didn't do very much to change its appearance. It still hung in a thick mass of tangled chestnut, maddeningly wavy and contrary, always seeming to do what it wanted as opposed to what she wished. Oh, for hair like Rela's! Proper curls, not the crimpy spirals that she had been cursed with. Straight hair would have been nice too, but oh no! The force couldn't even have got that right!

"I hate the force." Jemmy tossed her hairbrush to one side.

She scooped her hair up into a Nerf's tail, so that it stood up on her head like a palm tree. It would have to do for the time being. Ben always had complimentary things to say about her hair, even when she herself was despairing over it. At first she thought he was just being nice but now she realized that he genuinely liked it. Then again Jemmiah had discovered that he just had an obsession about red hair in general.

//It's not as red as Rela's hair.// Jemmiah mused, posing infront of the mirror and giving a series of little half twirls, first one side and then the other. //I often wonder why Ben and Rela never dated each other. You know, I have a good mind to ask them. Just out of curiosity.//

* BEEP! *

"Oh, not you again!" Jemmy gritted her teeth and headed straight over to the holoterminal, relishing the prospect of being able to tell the person on the other end of the transmission to stick their head in the food prep unit. "Right! This is war! If I'm late for my day out with Spider and Rela you are soooooo dead! Do you hear me? Sheesh! Where's Evla when you need her?"

Evla of course was at the crèche, tending to all the disgusting babies and slavering toddlers that dwelt within the chamber of horrors known as the nursery. How she could stand it was completely beyond Jemmiah, who was of the opinion that children should be removed from sight until they were old enough to ask for swoop flying lessons. Her guardian however seemed to adore the young children and the Corellian just couldn't see the attraction whatsoever. Then again she sometimes couldn't understand what had made Evla offer to take her in either. What had she ever seen in her?

"Certainly couldn't have been my mad hair that

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hehehehe men ARE such babies...this kind of reminds me of "I Love Lucy" where Lucy has to take care of a sick, whining Ricky-tis one of my favorites!

WHy do I get the bad feeling that either Obi DOES Have the Nubian Fever and wilt give it to Jemmiah...or everyone will ASSUME he has it, when it is just the flu so he gets tortured for no reason?

This wilt be interesting :-D

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Thanks for reading Luney :)

From Edna Krabople the word of Obi-Wan's condition spread to Ephesia Dulip. From Ephesia Dulip it spring-boarded on to Hester Colcumber. By the time it had finally winged its way to Senga Grolumph it was guaranteed to be passed all round the planet via every neigborhood watch member in Mrs. Krabople's select group. Suddenly the holonet news got hold of the story.

"JEDI TEMPLE IN BUG SCARE! KILLER DISEASE HITS CORUSCANT AS PADAWAN FALLS VICTIM!" Screamed the headlines. "AN UNNAMED JEDI APPRENTICE FIGHTS FOR HIS LIFE!"

Rela switched on the news, just to relieve the boredom she was feeling at being stuck inside her home. It hadn't taken her long to feel thoroughly miserable with her self-imposed exile from the rest of humanity. She hated being bored but more than that she hated being utterly alone. Even before the Togorian holo broadcaster Morraowth had opened his mouth to speak, Rela's eyes were all but out on stalks. A huge picture of the jedi temple appeared on the screen, with the caption 'PLAGUE ZONE' written underneath in big, red Aurabesh lettering.

"Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Rela squealed, clasping her hands over her face in shock. "Edna! What have you done???"

More to the point, what was she going to do?

She tried to call in at work but they refused to let her within a mile radius of the Dawn 'Til Dusk. The patron knew that Rela associated with the temple and told her to stay well away. All the regular customers had deserted the place, knowing that Rela knew many of the padawans and feared that she in turn might infect them with the killer disease. Mus had attempted to calm things down but had apparently failed.

Swallowing back her initial desire to do something horrible to Mrs. Krabople's apartment, Rela instead decided to contact the temple in a hope of finding out how poor Obi-Wan and Jemmy were faring.

//Somebody should really get poor Qui-Gon back.// Rela thought miserably. //He should know that his padawan is at death's door. It's only fair...//

Three hours later and Rela still hadn't been able to contact the temple infirmary.

Every time she tried to get through to someone in authority she received a message saying that a matter of considerable importance had taken priority and that if she wished to leave a message somebody would contact her in due course. Rela felt utterly defeated. For all she knew Scrubby could be dying and there wasn't a thing she could do about it. No doubt the temple had been besieged by journalists ever since the news had first hit the holo broadcasts, which was why her messages weren't getting through. Or maybe, she reflected bitterly, her now almost defunct holo transmitter was making so little sense that Simeon or Dimallie was convinced she was some kind of illiterate half-wit that couldn't complete a proper sentence.

//One last attempt. Just one.// Rela urged herself. //Go on. Do it for Scrubby.//

To her surprise she was answered almost straight away. The astonished, if exhausted face of Simeon Cates stared at her as if she were a mirage.

"Hey?Frizz?you tell me?how Obi-Wan?doing?"

"Sorry?" Simeon shook his head.

"Obi?Wan?ill?Jemmy said?sick with?fever?"

"Rela?" Simeon blinked at the flickering face on the transmitter screen. "If that's you and you just said what I thought you said, that's not very funny. We have an emergency going on here! Some idiot's been passing a story around that there's a case of Nubian fever in the temple infirmary and we can't trace the source! The place is a nightmare! We've had reporters trying to get in! They are camped outside, demanding to know what we are doing to contain the outbreak!" Simeon smiled evilly, remembering his master's witty reply. "So An-Paj said they should come in and he'd show them first hand! I've never seen a group of people collectively shuffle backwards with such speed!"

"?can't hear?transmission?ver?bad?kill Brak! He's?kriffing?lied about?fix?fault worse than ever! Obi-Wan is?ill?Jemmy told me that?hello? Frizzy?you stil

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL!!! One of my faves here!!! Amazing how quickly things can get blown out of proportions!!!

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    LOL! I knew it! Poor Obi-Dearest...and Jemmy! Bet they'll shudder with fright the next time they see space suits... ;)

And, in I'm guessing in teh near future, poor Qui-Gon? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.