main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver FF Activity #10: Day Trip To PNE/Playland (Post-Activity Report Now Up)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TIEPilot051999, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Hi, everyone! :) It is with great pleasure that I present to you now the official thread pertaining to our Tipoca City?s Tenth Activity: an day at the Pacific National Exhibition/Playland Amusement Park. And while this activity is at least a month off, I feel that I should post it now, so that you know about it, and can be informed of changes to it should they occur. Here are all the details below:

? 1. What: An afternoon at the Pacific National Exhibition/Playland Amusement Park

? 2. When: 11:00AM-06:00/7:00 PM on Sunday, August 17, 2003.

? 3. Where: The Pacific National Exhibition/Playland Amusement Park is located at Hastings Street between Renfrew & Cassiar in Vancouver, Canada.

[image=http://www.pne.bc.ca/fair/images/mappne.gif]

Right now, we?ll tentatively say that we?ll meet at 11:15 AM on the Main Gate. :)

? 4. Price: PNE: $10.00 Cdn. for General Admission and $8.00 Cdn. for youth (6-13) and $29.75 for a general ride passport. Playland: $22.95 for an unlimited ride passport. Also, if we have ten or more people attending, we can make a group booking and get a reduced rate at Playland: $19.95 Cdn. In addition, it is possible for you to pick up Playland Ride Passports at your local Safeway for $19.95. Parking will cost $6:50, and you will need extra for other things like food and carnival games. :)

? 5. Duration of the Activity: Six, Possibly Seven Hours (possibly shorter).

? 6.Transportation: In regards to transportation, we will need to arrange for transport both to and from the site of our Activity, seeing as how I would preferably like for all of us to travel there at once, and limit the possibility of our all ending up getting lost.

? 7. Extra Notes: As always, everyone is encouraged and welcome to bring as many of your friends and/or family, as they want. I would especially encourage this, seeing as this would give them a chance for them to meet both myself and my family, and would give our members a chance to meet my family.

2. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Sounds good chief.

3. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    I can provide a ride for up to 4 people from Kitsilano area.

The only day I can't make it to this activity is if it is on August 23rd, as I have a wedding to go to that day.

4. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Sounds like a good plan :D

5. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I like the sound of that ride from Kits. ;)

6. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    I'm in! If my girlfriend has the day off we could probably round up a couple people on the way. Then again, I may need a lift
    *nudges CLee in the shoulder ;)

7. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Playland?! Yay! I love playland, I am a rollercoster junkie!

One question: Why only six or seven hours? You do realize that much of that is standing in line for the good stuff!

8. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Why only six or seven hours?

Beacause that's how long my family is going to be there, and while I will be going there with the rest of the FanForce, I will be going home with them.

9. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey, I'm all for this..

Just tell me when...but I do hope its in the Weekend for I work Weekdays nonstop this Summer...

10. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I do hope its in the Weekend for I work Weekdays nonstop this Summer...

Don't worry, Antonio. It will. :D

11. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Hmmm, I also can't make it if it's on Aug. 30th, I have a wedding shower to go to that day....

:D

12. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Alright, boyos. In order to accomidate everyone, and to ensure a maximum attendance, I've decided that we shall be going on Saturday, August 16..

If anyone needs a ride, contact either me or Cassandra, and things can be arrainged. :)

13. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    August 16th? That's great! It's right after my Geography provincial and I'll definitely be in need of a stress reliever after that so expect me there!

14. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    I won't know if I have That day off until This Tuesday when my Schedual gets posted... But i will let you know Alex, I can also provide rides for 3 other people if i can make it

15. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    But i will let you know Alex, I can also provide rides for 3 other people if i can make it

That would be great, Chris, becaue I get the feeling that I will need a ride. :)

16. finster_the_hutt

Apr 3, 2003
    I'm in! CLEE, I'ma gonna need a lift :D, I won't be bring any others as my girlfriend's working all day. See everybody there!

17. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    You're out to spite me, I know you are...

Sithspawn! I have from until school free except for one day. ONE LOUSY DAY! And guess which one you picked to go to Playland on?

Ah well, no Playland for me this year I guess. It's not like I'm going to be sitting in a dentist's chair or something, I'll be watching-

The mighty!

The great!

CLARK TERRY!

And if you don't know that is I pity you.

18. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    You're out to spite me, I know you are...

I'm not! REALLY! :p

Sorry to hear that, Rachel. :(

19. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    OK, guys. I know that Rachel can't make it, but Christine, Chris, Josh and (possibly) Cassandra can. If you are interested in coming, please post here before 9:00pst on Friday night. :)

20. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    I cant make it Alex :( , unless we go on sunday instead. I have to work Saturday

21. finster_the_hutt

Apr 3, 2003
    Seeing as Chris can't make it, I'm out too. Unless someone is willing to drive into Chilliwack to grab me ;). Chris mentioned for possible Sunday trip, but I've got prior engagements. Cheers

22. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    OK. Is there anyone who objects for the activity to be on Sunday?

23. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    Not me! I'd attend then!

24. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm beginning to think that Sunday would be a better day to do this activity. So I'm gonna change it. Hopefully most people will still be able to come.

25. clee94

Aug 12, 2002
    Cool :D This works out well, I get paid on Friday and will have some money to spend on Sunday..... So who all needs a ride??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.