FF Europe Meeting 2007 (London, CE????)

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    So, now when the dates for CE are official I thought it was about time to start this thread.

Most of us seem to think that it's only logical that the FFEM can be held in conjuntion with CE, since it's likely to get more people and a lot of people wont be able to make both FFEM and CE if it's two different trips.

Now, I don't think any locals (Matt ;) ) have said anything about it being possible for them to help out with the FFEM, or if they are going to be all too busy with CE.

Also a thing to consider is accomodation. I think it would be nice to be able to stay in the same place both for the FFEM and CE, can you just imagine us invading a whole hostel/hotel whatever we choose. :D :D :D

TLJ Edit: Wrong year, my dear ;)
  2. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Only for those who still didn't get it CE will be from july 13th to july 15th 2007 ;)

The only problem for us still studying is that we have uni untill july 27th. At least in my part of Germany I can't talk for everyone.
    So I don't know how easy it will be to get a week off.

It would defenitly be cool to stay in the same place with all the people.
    Even though we weren't that many people I still remember our "room parties" at C3 with a smile :D ;) And Berlin of course :p
  3. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Aw, drat. Exactely the week before my holidays start.
    Bugger that. But I'd be happy to come anyway. Due to my holiday schedule I'm arguing for CE first and FFE Meerting afterwards.:p
  4. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't really care whether the meeting is before or after CE... it feels a little bit more logical to have it before, but I'm not averse to have it afterwards if it's easier for people to attend then. :)

And I really would LOVE to stay at a hostel/hotel with a lot of FF people! Room parties! Fun! :D
  5. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    as I said in GSFF, unless the internet is lying to me, mine ends right on the 13th. Worst case scenario is that I'll take a flight in the afternoon instead of early midday.

I doubt I'll be able to make it before Friday. Well, maybe Thursday if I'm really lucky.
  6. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I think I'm lucky. This is my last year of school, so once my A2 levels are done, I can just leave school, until mid-August for the results :p But FFEM would be fine before or after for me, so anything really. We just need to figure out what to do :p
  7. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm definitely ready and able to co-prepare the EFFM next year :D

I think it makes sense to have it before CE, maybe starting on the Monday 9th July?? But we'll see what dates suit people better nearer the time. Depending on numbers, a trip to the coast would be great and there's plenty to see and do in London town. I also insist on a bit of English culture and suggest we have a game of cricket, with slightly laxed rules of cause :p
  8. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    I vote for visting 'Forbidden Planet'. But somebody please take my purse off me before we enter.:p
    And I want a place to eat skones with Cornigh Clotted cream and the opportunity to stuff my bags full with tea.[face_thinking]
    And I'd like to visit some museums, so far the National Gallery always closed when I came.:(

And I'd want to go out one night. London calling....[face_dancing]

About before/after: what about a poll??? Options: before, after, both;), whatever
    I don't know how many of us are in school/college/university, but plans are usually out early as to when the holidays will start.
  9. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    lol@the coast idea. Brighton, Bournemouth, or Cornwall? :p

Or Scarborough? :p
  10. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    I almost wish my sister would move back to London so that I could sleep at her place for free...

Count me in for "Afternoon Tea" at one of the fancy places. It has been on my "List of things to do in London whenever I get there" for some time now.
    I am also going to visit the British Museum.
  11. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was thinking Brighton as it's easier and quicker to get to by train via London, plus it's all hip and trendy and they have a good selection of monkey related merchandise [face_monkey]
    And Nick Gillard comes from Brighton so it even has a Star Wars theme.
  12. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    As I usually say... as long as I get to meet you guys I don't really care what we do. :D
    And I've been in London a lot of times, so I've already seen most of the big touristy things... the one thing I'd like to see again is the Imperial War Museum, and oh, of course, I like the British Museum as well.
    Oh, and Forbidden Planet is a dangerous place... ;)

Brighton sounds like fun, I've never been outside London. :)
  13. Urkanoid Force Ghost

star 4
    Yup... It's getting to meet all of you people that's the most fun part!;)
    Now I've never been to London before and I'm quite sure that there are loads of stuff to do so I'm gonna have to completely rely on you my Brit friends!:D By the way, I think that both cricket and coast visiting sound lovely, the Forbidden Planet I know nothing of...
    And I guess that visiting London and not going to the Imperial War Museum would be a terrible waste so I think that we should definitely give that a go as well...
    As far as the dates go, I think that a week or so (probably less) before CE would be ideal, but that's just me... I think we've got plenty of time ahead of us to straighten all that out! :D
  14. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    I am not sure. I would like to get the dates set soon, so that I could get roommates and book a hotel room before everyone else does.
  15. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It might be wise to book a hotel for CE now and then when we have fixed the dates for the EFFM, you can easily amend your reservations to account for that part. I think the really busy and cricual period for hotel bookings near Earls Court will be for the Thursday(12th), Friday(13th), Saturday(14th) and possibly Sunday(15th) night, so getting a room for those dates ASAP is priority and a good start.
  16. pirry Jedi Master

star 4
    Guess.. this time I can count me in!

The thingy is, how many of you are going? planning like the summer meetings? or in Fan Forces?

The thing is this time, I have mobilized like 15 people to go from Spain. The are not from the Fan Force, but from a Local (and well... day by day more national) Star Wars club. So... I am really interested in a experience with you guys.

Thanks for the info! :D
  17. Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod

star 6
  18. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi. :) Long time no post. :p
    ^_^

I've moved recently to Germany, but I'm interested on the FFE meeting of course. Am curious to visit London (since I never visited England and the airtrips are normally cheap).
    Like said, am interested... Still too early for me to tell how my life will be then (jobs in germany, vacations in portugal, weddings of friends in portugal, etc..).
    I'll try to keep a open eye on this subject. :)

Just need to post this ...
    Ich bin in Deustchland! MWUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!

Sorry [face_blush] , had to.. :p
  19. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    You moved to Germany, Tiago? :eek: Does that mean that you finally found a job here? :eek:
    That's cool. :)

Btw any news about a EFFM in London before or after the CE? :)
  20. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    I Skiara! :) In respose to your questions..
    Yes and No. :p
    - Yes, moved on the 2nd of September.
    In the meanwhile already registered, legalized, with definitive permit of residence, yada yada yada... :) (Am living in Osnabrück's zone already. :cool: ).

- No, I still don't have a job (will start looking for a part time one).
    I'm in the VHS, because first things first: I need to learn well the language if I am to have a good job and in my area of expertise.
    I saved money during a year and half, and also sold my car before comming to Germany. So for now I have money to keep me going for, I would guess, a full year even.
    But of course i don't want to waste all of it, so a job is due (one that does not conflict with the VHS).

In relation to the true topic of this thread, I just asked Julia if she would like to go to the CE. She seemed somewhat interested also, but still not decided. Anyway i better let her watch the TV News (sacred momment :p ). :)
  21. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Wow! Sounds like you had to do a lot of stuff to "legalise" your moving. Hopefully you'll find a job soon. [face_good_luck] Good luck also with learning German. :)

Please, greet Julia! :)
  22. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually was quite simple and effective. Only had to go to one place here in Germany to legalize. And both the residence permit and the citizen of osnabrück registration was taken care of at one reception. Took me about 20minutes, since i took a waiting ticket and was leaving the place already with everything done and with papers in hand. Gotta love EU. :)
  23. pirry Jedi Master

star 4
    This is all I have to say!!----> :D
  24. Qui-Gina-Jinn Force Ghost

star 4
    *gets calender*

*marks days of CE and week before and after*

I'm ready!!!
    Unless something unforseen (*knocks on wood*) should happen, I'll be there!
  25. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    Cool thing, Tiago! :)

Marked both dates before and after CE... Can't decide yet, what's better. ;)

But anyway this will be really cool! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.