main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF Europe t-shirts

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We in the European RSA-team think that it would be a great idea to have a t-shirt for the whole European Region. It would be great to have them finished for the meeting in July.

Now if you have any ideas please bring them in here, once we have enough suggestion we can decide what kind of design we would like to have.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are great artists out there.

2. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    A topic has been created on FFF, we are thinking about it.
    Hope to see some designs soon :) .

3. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't think i will have the winning design, because i've seen other users that are more talented than me, but even so i will give my contribution as it can be served as inspiration to others.

Before trying out anything, i would like to discuss ideas.

I, in my work, have a tendency to make relations. Being a FF Europe i would tend to have a icon or important bulding of each FF Europe Country so that all FF Europe Countrys feel fairly represented. And of course, inside the buldings and symbols/flags image salad, there would be SW ships and chars on the mixture. To finalize, the letters "FF Europe" or "FanForce Europe". A "marketing" sentence could also be considered. Something like "The Force is with us."

Obi Anne? what do you think?

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    As long as it isn't too cluttered I think trying to represent as much of Europe as possible is good.

5. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Wich countries should i represent? All the european countries? Or just the ones with a board?

Being the second option would avoid being too cluttered.

6. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    one way to represent europe would be to use the EU flag (as suggested by MacCaffrey) but there are some countries that aren't EU... Norway, Switzerland for example....

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Maybe it would be possible to just have a map of Europe in the background or something.

Also in order to distribute this shirt, I think that the best idea would be to have a design that you can print yourself and iron on t-shirt. I think it would be almost impossible to coordinate ordering t-shirts from a company, after all we are spread out over a whole continent.

8. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    yup, but the disadvantage would be a bad quality. usually those iron-ons get washed out pretty quick.

9. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, a person does not need to use a iron to make the tshirt. A user could go with the image file to a Copy-Center and ask to print that image on a t-shirt.
    That would cost something like + - 15 euros (white tshirt included, a black tshirt is a little more expensive but not much). At least that's the price here in Portugal.

Making the Image with a high resolution and dpi would make a really nice quality when printed.

The Europe map seems like a good idea.
    The European Union flag really can't be used due to the reason already presented and very well pointed out (not all countries belong to the EU).

Also, we don't need to restrict to a single image. More than one, diferent FF Europe T-shirts can be created. Giving alternatives, to each person choose/print the one he or she likes better.

I also believe that each possibility should have 2 versions (a black background and a white background version) so that one can use the image in either types of tshirt depending on the personal taste.

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That sounds great, personally I think black t-shirts look more proffessional for some reason so I would like that option. I don't think we should have too many variations of the design though, after all it's about showing us as a kind of united FF region.

11. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    yeah I agree with OA.
    But nothing speaks against each chapter creating it's own shirt as well. :)

12. Jedi-W

Jedi-W Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Mmmm...t-shirt thread, miiisa like!

Having created a local t-shirt (for FanForce Sweden) this feels like my subject! "My" t-shirt was an iron-on version (I think that the modern iron-on prints are very durable but would prefer a professionally made one).

I have the following suggestions:
    1, Incorporate Europe as text (e.g. "FanForce Europe)
    2, Make a white t-shirt with the Rebel-logo and a black with the Imperial-insignia placed on one of the sleeves/arms
    3, Place the Star Wars logo on the other sleeve/arm

Pls check out the FF Sweden logo here and the t-shirt here (if this doesn't become a link try cut and paste to address field).
    Unfortunately you cant see the sleeves and front on these pictures. I had a black SW-logo on the right sleeve and a Rebel-logo with swedish colours (blue and yellow) on the left sleeve, on the chest i had "Jedi-W".

13. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Well, a person does not need to use a iron to make the tshirt. A user could go with the image file to a Copy-Center and ask to print that image on a t-shirt.
    I agree... And we can print on others clothes (shirts ?)...
    So, we just have to make a logo. B&W one ? Colours ? Both ? What do you think ?

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it would be nice with colours.

15. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    My 1st draft, with colours and so...
    What do you think ? I do not really like it, but this is the first...

16. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    I like it.
    Do you want it on a white shirt??

17. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I can change the color of the black circle or I can add a border, if you want to use it on a black tshirt :)

18. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    i think a border would be kind of nice. but black is not really am fav colour for shirts... i rather have blue or dark green or something... so the black should be fine ;)

19. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    Ok :)

I have one more question : can I use SW pictures, name, characters, and so on... I'm thinking of trademark, copyright...
    What do you think ?

20. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm not sure, but I think as long as we don't sell the shirts it should be ok...

21. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Sorry for my ignorance, but are:
    - Skaaneland
    - Sami
    countries in Europe?

I get confused by the "Nordic Countries" term. And i've seen they are composed by Denmark, Finland, Skaaneland and Sami.

But are these 2 last names, really countries? Or are they part of other countries?

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The Nordic Countries consist of Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland. Skaaneland is the most southern part of Sweden and Sami is divided between Norway, Finland and Sweden they are just regions.

23. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I have added a grey a border, the rebel logo and a naboo fighter
    here

24. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Your idea is getting better and better, Marcolas! :) Respect! :)

Althoug I am not very talented in doing such thing, I have some ideas:

Is it possible to use another color than the blue one? In my eyes the contrast between the other colors is too hard. Maybe a darker blue or a bit more detailed or so...
    And if we want to print it one a black T-Shirt, I think the grey border is too dark...

These are only some ideas. I like your idea and I glad that you bother it! :)

25. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Looks really cool, Marc! :)

My suggestion would be change the Naboo-Fighter into a X-Wing. I think it fits better with the Rebel Crest.
    Or for the notrious Imperials under us a Tie Fighter with the Imperial Crest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.