main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF Europe t-shirts

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    i just wanted to see what it would look like. Nboo symbol, old republic, mandalorian, everything would be fine

2. Kendra

Kendra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    an the latests one, I had a problem with the blue lightsaber blade... I just didn't managed tu make it pretty (pretty for a blade... my Engligh is vanishing...)
    I will make one with the rebel symbole and some more aurabesh
    http://cloneweb.free.fr/fff/kendra2.htm

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Pretty cool! :D
    I like them - the first ones a bit more! ;) :)

4. minervawhitesun

minervawhitesun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    WhiteHORSE : NORDIC COUNTRIES , Sweden , Norway , Iceland and Filand shall not be included in Naboo , They are more likely in planet Hoth (LOL)

5. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    I love the last one [face_love]
    (There's another one on the page, this one )

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That is really great!! :D I love the last one, too! [face_love]

Who made it? :)

And I have to say: You are really talented - all of you! :) Respekt!! :)

7. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    The last one is great!

8. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    "Who made it?"

This is Kendra's work.

9. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    :eek: So many talented people in the JC :eek:

I like the third one of Marc`s third try best ( ?[face_plain] hope you know what I mean :p )

About what colour are you thinking for the t-shirt? white or black?

It may depend on the picture you decinde to print on, hm?

10. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    About what colour are you thinking for the t-shirt? white or black?
    Both :p

11. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Correct me if I'm "non-correct." Is it planned that final version of t-shirt artwork is going to put somewhere into highresolution image which can be printed out and make a t-shirt? So, anyone doesn't have to produce tons of t-shirts and send them all over the Europe. I'm sure anyone can locate from his/her hometown a t-shirt company who does those iron-on transfers to shirts. They normally do have quality laserprinters to print out colourimage which we have decided to be "official" FFEurope t-shirt pic. Simple, eh?
    Comments? Or does someone like to do all t-shirts needed and cash by PayPal or so?

12. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    you got it right.
    everybody can create his/her own FF Europe Shirt/s, sweaters, tank-tops etc. by downloading the image and taking it to a copy/tshirt/print shop.

13. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Hi there. Sorry for the delay, i was out of my country for a week, and then this last week i was already here, but it was a week to forget... [face_plain]

Only today was i able to continue my t-shirt project.
    Here's my first release (292Kb)
    The original image has almost 2 times the size showed here. (original image = 1540x1540@300dpi)

edit:
    here's a edited image i made that should give some idea how it would/should look on a tshirt.
    first release, white tshirt preview (87Kb)

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The blending of the rebel and imperial logo is really impressive, and quite original. Looks really nice.

Anyway do you think that we should set a deadline for submissions so that we can start the voting process?

15. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    The logo is very original indeed - well done!
    It's the colours I'm not too sure about...

Edit : and Johanna is right, if we want the logo to be ready for the european meet up we'd better think of a deadline for the submissions soon :)
    beginning of may ? mid-may ?

16. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It is a very nice version with the blending of the 2 logos. However I must agree with Nwalme Jade, the colors is not quite right.

And also unless I missed something, then this should be a FF Europe t-shirt.
    To single out 13 countries doesn't seem quite right, when in fact there is more than 50 countries.

I would also like to say, that Kendra has some very neat suggestions for the logo.

17. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    " The blending of the rebel and imperial logo is really impressive, and quite original. Looks really nice. "
    I completely agree. I love it.
    But I do not really like the colors and the flags around the logo.

18. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    :) I'm glad you liked the logo and found it original..

I notice that you don't like the colors, please say what colors you want to see there:
    - Which color for the rebeld logo and wich color to the empire.

I actually like very much the 13 flags, represent the actual FF Europe. Since the other countries do not yet exist inside the FanForce Europe. It's like making a shirt of the European Union. The european union is not 50 countrys, as isn't the FF Europe. If you go to the FF Europe, you won't see 50 countrys, you will see the ones i listed. This shirt is for 2003. I doubt it will be the same shirt year after year. On the 2004 meeting probably a new shirt will be created.

At least this is my point of view toward the flags.

About the deadline.. i don't know.. "May" seems like a logic choice, since the meeting will be in June i believe. Mid May to start the votes, and keeping the votes open for a full week, or until the end of may.
    But i also said another option earlier... That the works get done, and that it would be each user to select wich one he or she wants to print and wear. Not limiting ppl to just one drawing. In fact, why should they be limited to just 1?

A more liberal system.. :)
    All the final versions of each logo presented available to the users.

19. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    Could you make other versions without flags and with other colors (blue, red, yellow, orange... ) ? Thanks :)

20. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    My apology, the annual aspect had escaped me.
    I am not in to geography, but according to this website there is 52 countries in Europe. No headline says "The European Union", it just says "Fanforce Europe", and all though a country may not have a forum of its own, then people from that country may still be posting in other general forums: "Official Soviet Thread", "Anyone from Poland?" just to mention two, but older threads also refer to other countries.

As for other colors, I agree with MARCOLAS, blue, red, yellow, ?. For a logo like this I like strong bright colors, and the green nuance you have chosen is not one of them, but then that's just my opinion. ;)

21. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    As i said, i really like the flags... It gives a personal touch for each ff europe country. No one has told me this would be an anual tshirt, but i imagine it will be.

No headline says "The European Union", it just says "Fanforce Europe"

Yes, and that is exactly what i've made. The current FF Europe. I'm representing the FF Europe as it is today.

I also hope to see more and more countries on the FFE in the future. On future years the future status of the FFE will be represented on future tshirts. But i must be objective. I will not put countries that are not yet on the FFE. It makes no sense. I just reflect the FFE forum real and present comunity. FFE is not 52 countries, yet. At least i don't see it represented in there. I really don't see the problem with the flags. I just hope you come to see my point and finally agree with them and like them. Since the start of my idea i tough about the flags, as giving a personal touch and pleasure of seeing each FF correctly represented. I had much work persuing it, and making it right. I'm glad with the result. If you want i could try to had a E.U. flag representing the General discussion forum.
    Europe is represented in the map, the current european FF's are represented in the flags.

About the colors, you like the red, but you don't like the green... is that it?
    Mundi e Marcolas, Plz be more specific on wich color each part of the logo should have.

The green and red looked right to me, but that can be because of being used to those colors, i apologize for that.

22. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Don't apologize for having a certain taste. In the end there might be 10 different oppinions as to how the colors should be. I think, that if you could just make some different samples, then we might be able to decide on one.

As for the flags then I clearly understand, that they represent the countries that have their own forum. Except from Iceland, which I can not see is represented with a forum other than the "Nordic Countries General Discussion". But then wouldn't it mean, that Poland was also represented in "Europe Region General Discussion"? I am just saying, that even if a country is not represented by it's own forum, then it doesn't mean, that people from that country doesn't write in the "Europe Region General Discussion" or in some other FF-forum. They just might not be enough to have a forum of their own.
    To sum things up, you say, that you can not see the problem with the flags. In my oppinion the problem with the flags is, that they only represent the countries with enough people to have a forum of their own, instead of representing the people, that actually post somewhere in the European FanForce section. But then again, like I said, it is just my oppinion. I hope that you are not offended by my oppinion as that was not intended.

I am sorry to come here and stir things up, being new in this thread. :(

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Poland is getting their own forum tonight. :)

24. Kendra

Kendra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I agree with everyone : the image is really very nice ! I love it ! But not for the colours, I think they should be changed. And.... I would prefer it without the little flags, they are no use (is it English to say "no use" for "pas la peine" ? humm Nwalme, Marcolas ? LOL)
    For the colours I dont know... blue and red maybe or blue and yellow (of course dark blue colour of night).

25. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Here it goes, i was uncertain on wich colors to use, but darkwoman pointed out the true colors of the symbols, so i used them. As it makes more logic. :)
    Empire symbol is strong blue.
    Rebeld symbol is red.
    :)
    Flags are out..
    I now think that the logo is a little "naked", any suggestion on things to do and add in the logo?

ff-europe-shirt_project01_noflags-red-blue.jpg (202Kb)

Hope you liked, and thanks all for the input and replys and also taking the time to explain things and points of view. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.