main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson FF get together ideas

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, May 6, 2007.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Some ideas:

Movie night/day
    Board or card game night/day
    Watch a TV show night
    Video game night/day
    Go out to eat night/day
    Go show up at someone's work night/day
    Go hang out at.... night/day (ToyBoxx, comic store, shopping, or GameStop for example)
    Birthday party (we have enough people; someone always has a birthday around the corner)
    Book night/day (I know this is already in the beginning stages)
    etc.

Other ideas?

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I like all of these ideas :)

3. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I was thinking of a toy trading collecting type day possibly? I like bideo game day maybe do like a BF2 tournament? It kinda seems like last year we hung out more and went shopping togethr and such. Seems like we have lost that over the past few months. Also it is getting hotter so maybe a poolside BBQ at Cats is in order? We had fun at the last pool party!!

Can we look into doing RPG or any other gaming at Heroes and Villains and use it as a recruiting oppurtunity?

4. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    probably all of the above is doable I would think.

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, that why I suggested it. We've all done stuff outside the group in a social setting, but nothing as such as of late.

I miss the social aspect of the TFF when not doing TFF functions.

Some of us changed jobs in the last 6 months, some change work schedules. Some simply burned out and need a break.

I?ve said it before but you guys are some of the most caring and compassionate giving people I?ve ever met and I enjoy the time I spend with each of you.

Maybe we should do a film (or clone wars) marathon before C4?
    I have this somewhat killer set up that I almost never use (I have a stack of DVDS I never even watched).

6. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Im all for the clone wars marathon. Also, those nto going to C4 want to all go see Fanboys?

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Im up for the Clone Wars marathon.

8. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

What's the release date now for Fanboys? IMDB says August now. Either way, I'm up for going to see it.

9. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    I'll go see fanboys, if I'm not in my house in a ball crying about not being at C4... hah! no seriously, yeah, i'd like to do that.

10. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Fanboys has been pushed back being as how Lucas gave them special permission to edit in extra content and an added "silent bob" scene.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Clone Wars sounds good to me.. I don't know where my clone wars are at though.. loaned them to someone and don't remember who or where? Sounds like me.. but if we are planning on doing it at Damian's house then I don't need to worry about it anyway :)

12. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    yeah, I still have damiens clone wars! :p. I'll be sure to bring 'em asap.

13. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I had your clone wars DVDs but that was last summer and I know I returned them. When should we have said marathon? Damian it is your house so I would suggest you come up with the date and time. We should also start a bring it list for food much like meetings.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'd like to do it ASAP.

But... as far as I know I"m working @ 4:00 pm - 1:30 Am all this week.
    I have no control over my hours, so I don't know where, when, or how long I work till I get to the general job site.

I'll have to get back on this one.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake thinks maybe his mom has our copies.

well.. if it was something we wanted to do before CIV we now have 15 days to accomplish it ;)

16. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Really? I had no idea! So when is the new release date?

17. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

19. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Actually I think a hike/picnic would be a great idea!! Frankie and I talked about it several times!!

20. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
    I like hiking. I'm not that lazy. I just suck at getting lost. p.s. bring map.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    But Antone!! you are oh so good at finding the way back I have to say!!

I am all for picnic/hiking.. I will just be bringing up the rear, in the summer would be excellent, I would have my daughter to bring up the rear with me... I'm with Damian on the fishing though.. you won't find me holding a pole.. too many memories of the ex involved rod n reel for my liking.

22. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I like hiking, picnics, biking (at least back and forth to school...my bike couldn't handle off road), and fishing (if someone else touches the worms and fish O:))
    The outdoors activities sound like fun for fall, when it's cool again (and I'm back in town:D )

For summer, you guys could go hiking on Mount Lemmon. I've never been up there, but I hear it's nice and cool in the summer.

23. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I like hiking, walking along the beach in the moonlight, poetry..., oops, my bad, I thought I had stumbled onto a singles chatline.:D

Actually, Kat's idea about Mount Lemmon sounds like a good idea. Assuming all the flora hasn't been burned away by the summer fire season, it could provide some Endor-like backgrounds for costume photos.

24. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    [face_talk_hand]

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

Ummm..... you don't go to tucsonsingles.com and log in as a 26 year old used book shop attendant do you?

Eeek! I hope not. [face_blush]