1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA FF Graphics

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok this was discussed at the last Outer Rim Meeting.. but just so there is a thread to submit further graphics.We only have enough graphics for 6 months with the current ones.
    Just for future references.

Default Graphic Dimensions

Main banner image (foreground) - 764 x 110
    Main Background image - 764 x 110
    Curve image - 69 x 67
    Side Bar image - 32 x 465

Please don't make any of these wider than that otherwise 1) The Webmaster has to edit them to fit on and 2) the wider the image, the slower the board loads up.

This thread is only for submissions and ideas for submissions.

2. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone who doesn't have much experience with web graphics, I could optimise them in Photoshop to make them download a lot quicker. Anyone else with Photoshop could do the same too. It can make a big difference to download times. If anyone's not sure how to do that then I can help out.
  3. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Like wise, if anyone needs help I'm here.
  4. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Same here. I have Photoshop so if anyone needs images optimized I can do it for ya ;)
  5. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
  6. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I pulled the graphics from the cr board and i just had there any width, but it also slows down the bandwidth..making the boards slower to load up.. That's as much as i know.

I thought DS had to edit some?.. they were too wide i thought..that's why i said not too wide.
  7. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    He did have to edit some, but that's because people combined all the parts with the main banner... The background images is tiled. Or at least that's what I thought. The one up there at the moment isn't as wide as the main banner, but it still goes all the way across...

I'm currently working on making a new banner, hopefully better than my last one... :D We shall see...
  8. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Can't wait to see it :D
  9. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    If you do it in Photoshop and you use layers (which is a good idea), then I'd suggest giving DS a copy of the photoshop file with the layers intact. I imagine that would make his life a lot easier if it's necessary to re-arrange or resize anything.
    Any comments from you Dan? What format would you prefer?
  10. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Basically, if it is the right dimensions, and you have tested it yourself to see how it goes together, it can come as a jpg..... if you are unsure about it send me the layered original
  11. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhaps someone (I can help if you want) should great a template so people know the exact measurements and placing of the bits. Either Photoshop (with guides in place) or a PaintShopPro file (depending on what people use) should be enough. Maybe even a jpeg or gif file so people can open it and start creating on new layers right away. That way there no fussin about, you just cut it and upload it. Just a suggestion.
  12. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I finished mine... You can check it out here... What do you think?

EDIT: I moved the banner into a different directory, just updating the link so it still works.
  13. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Alright Little lego people.. i love it :D
  14. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    I dunno if there was a roster for the graphics, but go the Lego dudes :D Whack them up next!!
  15. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Done and Done :)

Jedi-Daniel's Submission up on the 27th of July :)
  16. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
  17. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm... Wow... :D I didn't expect people to like it that much.. Thanks...
    I'm working on some more at the moment... Just need to find the graphics for them.
  18. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    I made a lego banner for the post reply page... And I'm currently working on some for to replace this... Oh... Here's my Post Reply image... :D
  19. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice FA. I'm sure princess lego will be flattered too. :D
  20. Ghoulashy Jedi Padawan

Just curious as to if anyone else has designed anymore banners? The lego one has been there for awhile now, perhaps swap back to the others and keep rotating them.
  21. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Well I thought my banner (Tusken Raider) was going up on the 27th of July. It's now the 31st. What happended to it?
  22. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Now now people dont get pushy...... my computer has been suffering major problems at the moment and so therefore I haven't had the time to cut up and change the banner yet...... Hopefully it will be up tonight.

DS
  23. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
  24. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    *Bumpyde BUMP*

Anyone else working on anything new?
  25. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    I have just realised a slight problem....... All of the pics in the banner are linked to the http://outerrim.ii.net/ address, and as of early next week, that address will be no more.....

If the powers that be could please change the address to http://members.iinet.net.au/~teleute/, with the same path after it it will still work. otherwise no matter what i put up it still wont work.

DS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.