main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA FF Holiday Banners.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Halloween
    Thanksgiving
    Christmas: Paul
    New Years
    Valentine's Day
    St. Patrick's Day

...etc...

If you are interested in doing a holiday banner, please sign up. This way I'll know all holidays are covered and we won't have different people working on the same holiday. But feel free to team-up if that is desired too. :D
    And you are welcomed to add holidays I forgot. :)

2. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    me CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Rishadq

Rishadq Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Guys,

How could you forget that most famous Star Wars holiday of all ... Life Day! :)

http://www.google.com/search?q=star+wars+life+day

(Hmmm ... wonder how many Trivial Pursuit points I'd get for digging THAT one up? ;)

- Q

p.s. In case you're wondering, Life Day is unofficially November 17th :-B

4. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Woooooow.... ok, I call myself a nerd, but you just won the freaking prize! [face_laugh]

No banners for me thank you. Holidays sucks.

JediFarfy

5. Rishadq

Rishadq Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Interesting point, actually .. I wonder if there are any other mentioned holidays or special days in the SW Universe?

Jedi New Year?

Sith Christmas?

Bounty Hunters Guild Annual Meeting?

Ok, I'll shut up now :)

q

6. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Ask and you shall receive [face_laugh]

Boonta Eve - A holiday on Tatooine marked by the Hutt sponsored "Boonta Eve Classic" podrace.

Droidfest of Tatooine - An annual event where the various Jawa clans gather and form a huge used droid sale, much like your modern day swap meet - but bigger and more fun!

Empire Day - This day marks the Emperor's rise to power and the termination of the Jedi Council. Naturally, this holiday is typically celebrated only by Imperials and their sympathizers.

Exhibition Day - Exhibition Day marked an important event in a young Jedi's journey as this was the day that all students were given the chance to show-off their training and engage in friendly competition with other pupils at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Students showcased their skills in a variety of events and tests, either alone or in small groups.

Festival of Glad Arrival - This celebration of the pastoral beauty of Naboo was staged by the Pastoral Collective each spring in the meadows of the Lake Country. For several days, the meadows are filled with colorful pageants and musical performances.

Festival of Hoods - A celebration of the coming of age when young Ewoks receive their hood, which symbolizes the transition from Wokling to pre-adolescent.

Festival of Warriors - An annual competition that unites Gungans from all over Naboo. The festival includes parades and parties.

Galactic Union Day - On Galactic Union Day, Roons Sewell gave an inspiring speech to the Rebels on Yavin 4. Sewell was killed during an Imperial raid shortly after the speech was delivered.

Great Protector's Gladiatorial Festival - This Rodian holiday lasts several days and centers around a series of battles waged between the current crop of bounty hunters and warriors. The Grand Protector of Rodian society presides over the event, which brings honor and prestige to the winners.

Harvest Day - A city-wide festival in Mos Eisley to celebrate the year's water harvest.

Harvest Festival - A week-long series of contests and parties held annually on Corellia by the AGR agro-combine.

Imperial Ball - This monthly gathering of Imperial dignitaries and supporters was held on Coruscant during the height of the New Order.

Imperial Fair - This traditional fair was the highlight of Fete Week, each year on the planet Coruscant. Originally known as the
    Galactic Fair, it was renamed during the reign of Emperor Palpatine. The fair sat on the entire Glitannai Esplanade, providing visitors a glimpse of the wide range of the Empire's reach. A huge military parade traveled the length of the Esplanade and ended at the base of the Imperial Palace.

Life Day - An important Wookiee celebration usually held at the Tree of Life on Kashyyyk.

New Year's Fete - This Imperial holiday was celebrated on many Imperial worlds, although it was nothing more than an excuse to drink, eat to excess, and take some spice.

Priole Danna Festival - Once a standard year, the planet of Lamuir IV located in the Tapani sector, erupts into a week of parties, parades and dramas during this famous planet-wide festival. A tradition for thousands of years, it attracts revelers from all over the galaxy. The main attraction of the festival is the Anapolla Muscial Splash. Shortly after the Battle of Geonosis this event was cancelled.

Republic Day - This was a major holiday celebrated on Coruscant during the last decades of the Old Republic. Republic Day is marked by extravagant parades and a pyrotechnic display.

Shadow Night Festival - An Ewok celebration in which the Woklings of each tribe dressed in unusual costumes and moved from house to house asking for treats.
    The

7. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Just thought I'd point out (a little late) that tomorrow is Anakin Solo Day, a Corellian holiday celebrating the last son of Han and Leia. Alas, he shall be missed, especially in light of what Jacen is doing now.

JediFarfy

8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I still don't like Anakin Solo. Even though NOW I dislike Jacen Solo more. :p

9. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Lol! True. I still think it was a waste of paper to bother hyping up Anakin all that much, then kill him off. What were they thinking when they changed from Jacen to Anakin on the death list?! ARG!

JediFarfy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.