1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

Oceania FF Oceania banner contest!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by HawkNC, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Doing Cronulla proud, Marv. :p
  2. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    be qwoite yous kommie mongrels!!!1!12u32u2
  3. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow...the insight. The insight! It's killing my brain! :p
  4. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    git bak 2 kommie land you dang kommie!!~
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    In response to Amaya I think that there's a tad too many colours all jumbled together. In my opinion banners work best when there's an overall colour theme running through it. It then also matches well with the style sheet. I'd say try to rework it slightly to not have such brightly contrasting colours mixed together.

Hawk I realise that you may have just thrown this contest into the [face_monkey] land, but you should try and contact Ki. He seems to always come up with some good stuff. :)
  6. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    I swear I didn't put Tyi up to it!

Flattered by the suggestion, but I haven't got access to Photoshop at the moment. Perhaps some other time.
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
  8. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually, I'm gonna bin it and start again. I knew it wasn't working the whole way through. My version of photoshop is in Chinese and it took me a long time to go through hiting random buttons to remember everything was.

But I've quit my job and am going to take the holiday I never got, so I should be able to give it another go (if it's still open).

I was thinking more along the lines of the one I did for our FFTas website (but again, less colourful)
  9. snicker_arr_snicker Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey thought i might have a go - can someone tell me the no. of pixels for each 1?
  10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
  11. snicker_arr_snicker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks! between making the banner and JC house cup i'm gonna be really busy!! go me!
    :D
  12. snicker_arr_snicker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just wondering when is the contest gonna finish?
  13. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    When we've got more than one entry, probably. :p
  14. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You should make it an open call, rather than a contest. You usually get more banners that way. :p
  15. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I've got a feeling that all the people who want to make banners have already chimed in anyway. ;)
  16. snicker_arr_snicker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone know a really good Star Wars site with lots of good quality photos? I can't really seem to find any (even using google)
  17. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, come now Daniel - we've waited the better part of a decade for a new banner, surely the odd month here and the odd leap year there won't matter?

E_S
  18. Amaya_Unduli Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I've done another one. It's very different from the last - I kept it simple with logos and stuff rather than an overload of tiny images.

There's three designs for the text, because it's a pain working out screen widths and stuff, so could people please take a look at them and tell me if any don't fit your screen, and indeed if you like any of them. Don't bother trying to be nice or whatever, tell me what you really think.

Design 1
    Design 2
    Design 3
  19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Personally, I like the third text the best, Amaya. The white is much easier to see, and the position just suits it. :)

I love the colours?style sheet and background?although I don't see much on the banner to be frank. Besides the Rebel and Imperial logos, there's nothing else to do with Star Wars on it... although I do love the call to arms or whatever its called in the ad holders.

A good base, but perhaps some extra things could be added to add some more flavour?

Just my thoughts. :)

This may help you with your need. There are links on that page to sites with images as well. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.