main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF Portugal Tourists & Visitors - Welcome to our Board.

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by WhiteHorse, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll join the "it's pay-back time" group, by the way.

A final mirroing the first match.... Hopefully, like a good mirror, showing the result in a different order. ;)

Thank you everyone who has been rooting for portugal! :D

2. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I doubt that Portugal will underestimate Greece for the second time.

And since I am Dutch, and the Coach of Greece is German, I'll support Portugal. You're going to play on my birthday, so give me a final worth remembering. ;)

3. NapalmKing

NapalmKing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    On one hand we have Greece with its deeply defensive play with a purely scripted and tactical counter-attack. Portugal on the other hand, created loads of goal opportunity, but fails the overwhelming majority of it. More it has no defence, or at least one that is not very organized.

It will be a very interesting match...

4. Baron_Ployer

Baron_Ployer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    *it has no defence, or at least one that is not very organized.*

I absolutelly disagree with this statement. Surely you must've read it on a greek newspaper... :rolleyes:

We have some of the best defensive players in this cup. We just need to pay attention to the other guys' moves, that's all.

5. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    I absolutelly disagree with this statement. Surely you must've read it on a greek newspaper...

We have some of the best defensive players in this cup. We just need to pay attention to the other guys' moves, that's all.

While I agree that we have good defensive players (Ricardo Carvalho is excellent), our defense is usually very deorganized. We have brilliant defensive plays, but we also often don't do very well in the defense department. Often we see adversaries exploring that dissadvantage and we getting away withour suffering goals only due to a bit of luck.

It's the same problem Barcelona had a few years ago: awseome players, but they didn't quite play as a team as much as they should.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Sorry, guys. I really wanted you to win the Euro 2004. :(

7. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    Well, we lost. Congrats to Greece. :)

Also, congrats to us for running such a big event so smootly to the point it's being said it's the best Euro so far. :) That's a victory, just not in the field.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, it is a shame
    But you hosted a fine tournament that will be remembered for many years

And you did at least get to the final :D

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I think maybe we need a new topic to talk about. :)

What should we talk about...the weather...music...Ice Cream? :D

10. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    Ice Cream! :D I ate a really good one today in Cascais. I didn't know that ice cream store and have to ask my parents what was the name of the thing again since I don't remember. The flavours actually tasted like they were supposed to taste and not like some artificial blend or something. Very yummy! Must go back there sometime. :)

11. Baron_Ployer

May 5, 2004
    Mara, by your description there's only one correct answer: SANTINI!

It's an old store (in the positive sense) founded by an Italian immigrant here in Portugal. I knew him personally, btw. My wife says his is the best ice cream around.

He died a few years ago, but his family (descendants) goes on with the business, and tradition, of making premium ice cream. Besides, they only use natural products. Yum...Yum...

It's near the train station at the Avenida Valbom.

12. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    Santini! That's exactly it! That ice cream is the best I've ever tasted. =P~

13. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Yummy Ice Cream. :D

So what are your favorite flavors?
    I like cookies and cream...banana splits are good also. Mmm...I want some ice cream now.

I'll have to remember that Santini place, for when I go to Portugal.

And Baron, cool signature. :cool:

14. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    My favourite ice cream flavours are chocolate and after eight. But I loved Santini's cocconut ice cream... it tasted wonderful, especially when eaten with the chocolate. =P~

EDIT: oh! and their caramel also tastes wonderful. It actually tastes like the real thing (despite being mixed with milk)... quite good. =P~ I must return to that shop soon. [face_blush]

15. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    The best ice creams i ever ate were italian ones, in Sicily. Ohh mama... hmm hmm hmmm.

I believe i touched the sky when eating them for the first time... ;)

16. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Cocconut ice cream, never had that. Sounds delicious. I love cocconut pies. :)
    I've seen some strange flavors here too. Like coffee and licorice flavor. I don't think I want to try those.
    :p

17. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    There's a place where you could get some garlic ice cream :eek:

18. Baron_Ployer

May 5, 2004
    The best ice creams i ever ate were italian ones, in Sicily. Ohh mama... hmm hmm hmmm.

I believe i touched the sky when eating them for the first time...

Save your money WhitHorse ;).
    Why fly to Italy when you can catch a train to Cascais? GO TRY SANTINI'S AT ONCE! :D

P.S. Unless you're like me: I love to fly everywhere, and everything is a good excuse to do so... [face_dancing]

19. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    There's a place where you could get some garlic ice cream

I recently heard that there was an ice cream store in the North of Portugal that sold ice creams flavoures of some traditional portuguese dishes, such as 'Cozido à Portuguesa' and 'Tripas à Moda do Porto' (roughly translated to: 'Portuguese Stew' and 'Porto-Style Guts' (no you didn't read that incorrectly, it's actually made of pigs' intestines :p)). I have no idea how they're made, of how anyone's able to eat them (or if the store's having any success for that matter :p).

20. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    That souds weird.
    Exceptionally weird.

Gut-flavored Ice Cream... Blah.

21. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Hmm...yes, I'm not sure that putting pigs intestines in ice cream was a good idea. :p
    The Garlic ice cream dosen't sound to good either. I had strawberry cheesecake
    ice cream the other day. :D

Baron, I love to travel, Its fun to Fly. Though I've only been to a few places.

22. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's a long time that I posted here...

But I have to tell you something...

You have really great beaches! :D

I have just looked at the pics of the meeting and now I know how much I miss the sea.

Edit: Spelling

23. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    Hei Skiara! I'm glad you liked to see a bit of our country. :D

I don't really like the beach (nor do I dislike it), but I can only go there in a very limited schedule anyway due to some medical issues, so I guess it's ok. :)

24. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    *peeks in*

Hiya all you Portugese people! Just wanted to drop by and say hi... :) Oh, and I really regret that I missed the FFE meeting in Portugal... :_|

25. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    Hei Enji. You should have come! :(

I was only present at two of the dinners and a trip to the Fun Center, but it was great! I wish you had come...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.